Sweeney Todd: Seeking male choir members!

From David George Harrington (RWCMD): 

I'm currently MD-ing a rather exciting production of "Sweeney Todd" with the eclectic Pukka Productions this season....and it's very awesome. 
We have a fabulous cast and are well into some steamy and voluptuous rehearsals.

However, we are currently enlisting for our STATIC CHOIR - open to all - a chorus who will be supporting the production, positioned on raised platforms in our show venue and singing Sondheim's exceptional music alongside our main company on stage. 
No movement or staging to be learnt, just the music.

The static choir will rehearse all of the chorus numbers and get to work with our creative team, including yours truly wink emoticon which I realise may send most people running for the hills. 
We have some great singers already, but I am particularly looking for some more MEN...

If any male choristers are interested in taking part - please do drop me a message and I would be thrilled to have you involved. 
It's for fun, a challenge and a free opportunity to give SWEENEY TODD a go! (with orchestra and bloodshed)

Rehearsals Thursday evenings, Crossways Church, Barry. 
7:30pm start. 
Next rehearsal - Tomorrow night. 
Show will run final week of July in Penarth.

If you're a man, and you can sing, and you fancy doing Sweeney Todd with some crazy people...please get in touch!

* David George HARRINGTON DipABRSM *
David Harrington is a composer, accompanist and music director from Portsmouth, Hampshire and a graduate of the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama (2009) studying Contemporary Music (composition).

In the last few years, David has had works performed and commissioned by the Lunar Sax Quartet, the BBC NOW soloist Nick Whiting, members of the London Symphony Orchestra, and the Orchestra of Welsh National Opera - Eminence Brass Quartet (Philip Cobb, Richard Marshall, Owen Farr and David Childs) and Rosie Biss (Principal Cellist, WNO). In 2010, the Erato Piano Trio selected David's work Twisted Reverie to premiere at the National Museum, Cardiff, and in the same year, A Welsh Blessing for brass quintet won the Philip Jones Award for Brass Ensemble held at the RWCMD. In 2012, David was commissioned by Cory Brass band to write a brand new Horn concerto for Owen Farr, which was premiered at the RNCM in January 2013 as part of the Festival of Brass. In 2013, David composed a joint commission from WNO and the Forget-me-nots choir, entitled Demenstoria which was premiered at the Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff in April 2014 by the FMN chorus, soloists from the chorus of WNO and a chamber ensemble from WNO. David was commissioned in January 2016 to compose an anthem for the Wales Festival Of Voice conducted by Carlo Rizzi alongside WNO.

As a performer, David has accompanied alongside the London Show Orchestra, the Band of HM Royal Marines, Cory Brass Band, NYWO, played in pit orchestras for youth theatre companies, performed at concert venues including St. Paul’s Covent Garden, St. David's Hall and Hoddinott Hall, Cardiff, the Royal Albert Hall, London and accompanied many music festivals, as well as the Royal Over-Seas League Annual Music Competition (London) and the Keldwyth Young Musicians Award (Cumbria).

David now works professionally composing, arranging (Katherine Jenkins, Only Men Aloud, Decca Records, Connie Fisher, ITV, BBC), coaching and performing, and is the full-time Music Director of the 'All That Malarkey' Classical Cabaret Ensemble.

Show information:
Show week is July 25th-31st 2016 at Paget Rooms, Penarth.
We rehearse at Crossways Methodist Church, Barry

For any more information or if you wish to get involved contact myself at sarahhudson91@Outlook.com.

Views: 164

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service