If I were to stand before you and flex my arm, you'd see what can only be described as a "bee sting" of a bicep... but believe me, that's a "Popeye arm" by my standards(!)
My new found upper body strength is the result of quite a few gets ins/outs, as part of our Blavatsky tour!
Minus some tricky bookcase manoeuvring up some bendy staircases, and some close calls with a drill or two, it has been a lot of fun!
Hello, I'm Nadia... and if you meet me and don't recognise me, that's probably a good thing; I'm the Blavatsky Stage Manager and it's my job to be *whispers* "invisible"!
Actually, if you do come to see the show (and I wholeheartedly recommend that you do!), you may just see fleeting glimpses of black during a couple of scene changes, which in my mind is always performed in the style of a ninja/superhero/murderer (<--- to quote Roland Blavatsky), but in reality that's probably an ambitious vision(!)
I have thoroughly loved being part of the Blavatsky family.
From the darkness of the wings, I feel as if I am part of their world; the weird sister that nobody talks about.
As I check the props table and untangle washing line for the 5th time that evening (you'll understand if you've been to see the show), I could almost be in some other room of the flat, helping Audrey prepare supper and wondering if I have the courage to say "Hello" to the Doctor...
It seems almost strange to think that I've never actually enjoyed the pleasure of witnessing a full run from an audience member's perspective. I've never seen the faces react to jokes and big reveals; I rely on "positive sounds", and receive little updates from the cast as they enter/exit as to how things are going.
I am ever so jealous of the people in the front row, sometimes...
But I would never trade being the black sheep of the Blavatsky family... ;)

Views: 114

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service