NETWORKING OPPORTUNITY for Artists of All Disciplines

Local stories by local artists for local audiences

Do you want to create new work for local audiences? Then come to a Collaborator Tea Party.

This will be a networking event bringing local practitioners, producers and promoters together for a relaxed afternoon of tea, cake and conversations sharing ideas and opportunities for creating/ commissioning new theatre work. 

The Collaborator Tea Party is inspired by the successful collaboration between Arts Alive, Black Country Touring and Kali that created My Big Fat Cowpat Wedding. You can hear about how we developed My Big Fat Cowpat Wedding into the high quality, sell-out show it became and discover how you can do the same. 

After a short presentation, tea and cake will be served and conversations orchestrated. It will be an opportunity for rural touring schemes, promoters and rural venues interested in commissioning new work for rural touring to informally meet individual practitioners, producers and theatre companies to share ideas and discuss ways of collaborating to create new work in an informal and inspiring way.  

After the event you will have the chance to tell us who you would like to meet again and Kali will act as matchmaker to put interested parties together. A follow up meeting will enable ideas for collaborations to be discussed in greater depth, consider logistics and how to get work funded.  

We are specifically interested in reaching out for BAME artists but all local artists are warmly welcome. Collaborator Tea Parties are taking place in various venues around the UK alongside the tour of My Big Fat Cowpat Wedding.

This is your opportunity to make significant, inventive new work.  We hope you will join us! 

For more information and RSVP email jonna@kalitheatre.co.uk

http://www.kalitheatre.co.uk/whats-on/Collaborator%20Tea%20Parties....

Views: 167

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service