The inaugural Ponty Arts Script Event took place at the Muni Arts Centre, Pontypridd, this afternoon. Organized by Alan Humphreys and Rachel Miller, it brought together playwrights from Pontypridd and the surrounding areas.

Many of the plays were works in progress and completed works. They included Soldier Pass By, Blind Date, End of Line, Wouldn’t it Be Nice, 3 Sisters, High Grade/Low Grade, Photograph 51, Artefacts, and Tom Jones’ Sofa.

The actors and actresses, with no rehearsal time, used their stagecraft to bring the above works to life and an understanding that can be seen when it is interpreted by skilled actors and actresses. It showed the playwrights endeavours fully in the worlds they had created for their characters. Those present gave feedback on the readings. Further Script Events will take place over the coming months.

I, personally, found it a learning experience and thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon. I would like to thank the actors who performed an extract from my play “Soldier Pass by.” It was superb!

Views: 279

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service