TEAM Education: Assistant Director Opportunity!

National Theatre Wales TEAM is creating an original piece with Ocean Park Academy, a school in Splott, Cardiff.  Working with the school over two terms, NTW will be asking the pupils to devise their own creative piece. Taking our lead from the learners we will apply our TEAM approach to turning their ideas into something unique.  Support for this project has come from the Arts Council Wales’ Creative Collaboration fund, and we are delighted to be able to demonstrate our commitment to the Creative Learning through the Arts scheme.

John Norton (Bordergame; City of the Unexpected) will take the lead as director, working closely with staff at the school, whilst allowing himself to be directed by the young people themselves.   Throughout the project we will be looking for a number of different workshop facilitators, designers and stage managers according to the direction in which the young people choose to shape the piece. 

We are currently looking for an Assistant Director who can support John over the coming weeks. Please see details below:

Assistant Director

We are looking for an Assistant Director to work with NTW on an exciting collaborative project with Ocean Park Academy, an alternative education provider in Splott, Cardiff.   Working with pupils and staff over two terms, from February to May, the chosen candidate will be required to assist the Director on the development of an original piece of theatre to be presented at the school.  This piece is to be pupil-led and as such, the final show may take a number of different forms.

Experience of working with young people is desirable and experience of working within a multi-media framework would be an advantage. 

The fee is £2K. The project will run from February to May 2017 and we expect this role to be the equivalent of one day a week at £100 a day.  Nearing the completion of the project these hours may increase, so flexibility is essential.  For further information please see attachment. 

Cyfarwyddwr Cynorthwyol

Rydym yn edrych am Gyfarwyddwr Cynorthwyol i weithio gyda NTW ar brosiect cyffrous ar y cyd ag Ocean Park Academy, darparwr addysg amgen yn Sblot, Caerdydd.  Gan weithio gyda disgyblion a staff dros ddau dymor, rhwng Chwefror a Mai, bydd gofyn i’r ymgeisydd llwyddiannus gynorthwyo’r Cyfarwyddwr â datblygu darn o theatr wreiddiol i’w gyflwyno yn yr ysgol.  Bydd y darn hwn dan arweiniad y disgyblion ac yn hynny o beth, gallai’r sioe derfynol fod ar nifer o wahanol ffurfiau. 

Mae profiad o weithio gyda phobl ifanc yn ddymunol a byddai profiad o weithio mewn fframwaith aml-gyfrwng yn fanteisiol. 

Bydd y ffi yn £2fil.  Bydd y prosiect yn cael ei gynnal rhwng mis Chwefror a mis Mai 2017 ac rydym yn disgwyl i’r rôl hon gyfateb i un diwrnod yr wythnos. Tua diwedd y prosiect gallai’r oriau hyn gynyddu, felly mae hyblygrwydd yn hanfodol.  Am fwy o fanylion, agorwch y ddogfen

Views: 687

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service