I've been a bit slack with blogging on the NTW sites for a while but there's a new project I'm really excited to be involved in that I wanted to tell you about.

I'm part of the team working on Project Hush for Papertrail Theatre Company. It's currently in a second R&D phase leading up to a private showing on site in the old Rhydymwyn factory works in May. More about the project, along with a lovely film, is here: http://www.papertrail.org.uk/?project=project-hush

"Project Hush traces the threads of connection between the secret work carried out in a former weapons facility in North Wales and the bombing of Hiroshima in 1945."

"Mae project Hush yn olrhain llinnynau cyswllt rhwng stori cyn oroeswr bom atomig, sydd bellach yn byw yn Nghwm Tawe, a stori hen ffatri arfau yng Ngogledd Cymru, a chwaraeodd ran mewn datblygu'r bom atomig."

I'm working on community engagement as well as putting together a team of ten of young people aged 18-19 to be in the production (again at this point it's still R&D phase). The group will be workshopping with Bridget Keehan for the theatre elements as well as with me to explore writing possibilities.

Workshops will take place in Theatr Clwyd (or on site) late March/early April (depending upon everybody's availability) and we're rehearsing for two weeks in May leading up to the showing. This is a site specific piece so we're looking for enquiries from people with an interest in this type of theatre - especially TEAM members.

If you'd like more information or to note you interest in the project, or just to have a chat about what's involved, please give me a shout on: words@sophiemckeand.com

I'm happy to keep details on file and let people know when dates have been finalised.

Os dach chi isio siarad neu sgwennu yn Gymraeg mae'n wych - dwi'n dysgu a rhaid i mi ymarfer!

Views: 393

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service