NTW CASTING: Lifted by Beauty: Adventures in Dreaming

LIFTED BY BEAUTY: ADVENTURES IN DREAMING

National Theatre Wales

Made with the people of Rhyl, Lifted By Beauty: Adventures In Dreaming is a response to the austerity agenda that has brought us to our knees.

Together we re-imagine how we might live and in doing so, find ourselves celebrating the simplicity of kindness, of tenderness, of love.

This is an odyssey, an antidote to the darkness and the fear. A hymn to the unremarkable, daily acts of heroism made by people, who offer a lifeline to others who may have lost their way.

Together we consider the fragility of resilience, the generosity of the human spirit and the power of hope and possibility.

​Join us for an adventure in dreaming.

Production dates:

Rehearsals commence: 27th February 2017

The company will rehearse for 5 weeks, inclusive of the performance dates:

31st March 2017

1st April 2017

2nd April 2017

The engagement concludes: 2nd April 2017

Description:

NTW is casting to create a company to work on a series of performance installations lead by Mark Storor in Rhyl. We are seeking creative performers/artists who are genuinely committed to an exploratory, experiential process, which is responsive to the ideas, the vision, and the stories of the people of Rhyl.

Suitable for artists from the disciplines: circus, dance, music, acting, live art. 

Applicants need to have performance experience, be generous, open hearted, collaborative, used to working in a company, devising, willing to possibly work outside, work with local members of the community including young people, work on the lived experience of people in Rhyl. 

Terms:

All roles will be paid a company wage of £550 per week rehearse and play with additional remuneration for Sunday work if applicable. Holiday pay and pension will be paid as per the Equity contract.

For those relocating, return travel and self-catering accommodation will be provided.

Casting Policy:

Every project is unique and NTW auditions to discover the most talented performers who connect to the company’s values and can help us to create extraordinary work. In doing so, NTW is flexible but committed in pursuit of the following priorities across each project:

• Creating opportunities for performers who are Welsh, based in Wales or professionally trained in Wales.

• Casting inclusively, promoting equality of opportunity in the arts and authentically representing Wales’ diverse communities.

This opportunity is open to artists of any age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation and disability status.

We will strive to make any required provisions, at interview and at work, to ensure that everyone has equal access to this opportunity. If you’d like to discuss your needs, please don’t hesitate to be in touch.

Audition:

Workshop auditions will be held on the 26th with recalls on 27th January 2017 in Cardiff.

If you have the relevant skills and experience and are excited about the project, please send your CV, a recent headshot and a little something about why you'd like to be involved in this community-engaged project (no more than 100 words) to casting@nationaltheatrewales.org before 6pm on Tuesday 24th January.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIFTED BY BEAUTY: ADVENTURES IN DREAMING

National Theatre Wales

Wedi’i wneud gyda phobl Y Rhyl, mae Lifted By Beauty: Adventures In Dreaming yn ymateb i’r agenda caledi sydd wedi ein llethu.

Gyda’n gilydd rydym yn ail-ddychmygu sut y gallem fyw, ac wrth wneud hynny, yn canfod ein hunain yn dathlu symlrwydd caredigrwydd, tynerwch a chariad.

Mae hwn yn grwydrad, i drechi’r tywyllwch a’r ofn. Emyn i’r gweithredoedd arwrol bob dydd mae pobl yn gwneud, sy’nn cynnig gobaith i eraill sydd wedi colli’u ffordd.

Gyda’n gilydd ystyriwn freuder gwydnwch, haelioni’r ysbryd dynol a phŵer gobaith a phosibilrwydd.

Ymunwch â ni am antur mewn breuddwydio.

Lleoliad: Y Rhyl, Sir Ddinbych

Dyddiadau’r cynhyrchiad:

Ymarferion yn dechrau: 27 Chwefror 2017

Bydd y cwmni’n ymarfer am 5 wythnos, yn cynnwys dyddiadau’r perfformiadau:

31 Mawrth 2017

1 Ebrill 2017

2 Ebrill 2017

Bydd y gwaith yn dod i ben ar: 2 Ebrill 2017

Disgrifiad:

Mae NTW yn castio i greu cwmni i weithio ar gyfres o osodiadau perfformio wedi’u harwain gan Mark Storor yn Y Rhyl. Rydym yn chwilio am berfformwyr/artistiaid creadigol sy’n wirioneddol ymroddedig i broses archwiliadol drwy brofiad, sy’n ymateb i syniadau, gweledigaeth a straeon pobl Y Rhyl.

Yn addas ar gyfer artistiaid o’r disgyblaethau: syrcas, dawns, cerddoriaeth, actio, celfyddyd fyw. 

Mae angen profiad perfformio ar ymgeiswyr, a rhaid iddynt fod yn hael, yn agored, yn gydweithredol, yn gyfarwydd â gweithio mewn cwmni, yn gallu dyfeisio, yn barod i weithio yn yr awyr agored o bosibl, gweithio gydag aelodau lleol y gymuned yn cynnwys pobl ifanc, gweithio ar brofiadau bywyd pobl Y Rhyl. 

Telerau:

Bydd pob rôl yn derbyn tâl cwmni o £550 yr wythnos, am ymarfer a pherfformio, gyda thâl ychwanegol ar gyfer gwaith ar ddydd Sul os yn berthnasol.

Bydd tâl gwyliau a phensiwn yn cael eu talu yn ôl contract Equity.

I’r rheini sy’n adleoli, bydd teithio dwyffordd a llety hunan-ddarpar yn cael eu darparu.

Polisi Castio:

Mae pob prosiect yn unigryw ac mae NTW yn clyweld er mwyn darganfod y perfformwyr mwyaf talentog sy’n cysylltu â gwerthoedd y cwmni ac sy’n gallu ein helpu i greu gwaith arbennig. Wrth wneud hynny, mae NTW yn hyblyg ond yn ymroddedig i geisio’r blaenoriaethau a ganlyn ar draws pob prosiect:

• Creu cyfleoedd i berfformwyr sy’n Gymry, wedi’u lleoli yng Nghymru neu a gawsant eu hyfforddi’n broffesiynol yng Nghymru.

• Castio’n gynhwysol, gan hybu cyfle cyfartal yn y celfyddydau a chynrychioli cymunedau amrywiol Cymru’n gywir.

Mae’r cyfle hwn yn agored i artistiaid o unrhyw oed, rhyw, ethnigrwydd, tueddfryd rhywiol a statws anabledd.

Byddwn yn ymdrechu i wneud unrhyw ddarpariaethau sydd eu hangen, yn ystod cyfweliad neu yn y gwaith, i sicrhau bod gan bawb fynediad cyfartal i’r cyfle hwn. Os hoffech drafod eich anghenion, cysylltwch ar bob cyfrif.

Clyweliad:

Cynhelir clyweliadau gweithdy ar 26 a 27 Ionawr 2017 yng Nghaerdydd.

Os oes gennych y sgiliau a’r profiad perthnasol a’ch bod yn llawn cyffro am y prosiect, anfonwch eich CV, llun pen diweddar aphwt yn egluro pam hoffech chi gymryd rhan yn y prosiect cymunedol yma (dim mwy na 100 o eiriau) i casting@nationaltheatrewales.org cyn 6pm dydd Mawrth 24 Ionawr.  

Views: 1536

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by June Campbell - Davies on January 29, 2017 at 10:51

Dear Mawgain, Call you please pass on an Urgent Message for Mark Storer, just to say that I enjoyed the workshop immensely and that Im gutted that I didn't receive the message for the second audition on friday, for some reason the message from Carole at WNT went to my old phone number and I'm not sure if this is still a contact on my CV.. so unfortunately i've lost the opportunity to be involved in this fantastic project. I guess Mark has his DREAM TEAM if for some reason he needs another person due to sudden change or somebody pulling out of the project please get in touch with me my current Mobile number is 0734 289 0942…. I must now make this change on all my current contact details… my email junecampdav@yahoo.co.uk…. Please pass on this info to Mark.. Many Thanks June

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service