Hi all:-)

How do I begin...from becoming a permanent resident in Cardiff, this week has been manic as I have also been given the opportunity to join FIO theatre company on their project Swarm a piece of immersive theatre, this as Emerging Director. So I'm excited at the prospect of learning throughout this role and hope to gain as much knowledge as possible from it to further progress in my career in theatre.

My first experience of this process was on Tuesday when I was introduced to the cast, who were already a week into rehearsals working on the research stages of the piece, which has the complex theme of immigration. This theme for myself is intriguing and something that I personally would like to delve into and understand more throughout this journey which is what I appreciate most about political theatre as it has the power to educate in a creative way.

Already I have been able to assist in youth group workshops up in Merthyr Tydfil with a group of vibrant young people, who are engaged and really having fun in these early stages, therefore I'm also focussed on developing my workshops skills, in order to be able to facilitate my own.

Combined with this I am able to work alongside the Director of Swarm Abdul Shayek and Producer Alan Humphreys who are both supportive, encouraging and overall great professionals to be on this journey with

It is great that FIO are able to provide opportunities for young aspiring artistic professionals like myself to develop in a specific role which can help better equipt and prepare an individual for a professional career . I have a feeling that Swarm is definitely going to be something ground-breaking, furthermore I will be documenting my experience throughout the upcoming weeks.

#SWARM #wearefio 

@wearefio  

@tasha_simone5

natasha@wearefio.co.uk

Xo

Views: 169

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service