We are looking for an Community Engagement Associate to work with us on 'Sisters'!

(Sgrôliwch i lawr i weld hwn yn Gymraeg)

Community Engagement Associate - 'Sisters'

Job Description:

National Theatre Wales are seeking an individual with experience of community engagement within an arts context to support all areas of our outreach work for ‘Sisters’, a new collaborative project between National Theatre Wales and Junoon Theatre (Mumbai).

The Community Engagement Associate will work closely with members of the National Theatre Wales core team, to ensure wide ranging participation from community members and artists from the Indian sub-continent diaspora living in the South Wales region.

About the project:

‘Sisters’ is a brand new, contemporary work that is being developed by a group of artists from Wales and India whose cultural roots and histories are intrinsically linked and connected to the Indian Sub-continent. This first phase will begin with an international conversation and collaboration between female artists in India and Wales, exploring and challenging the myths and notions of what it means to be an Asian woman today.

The role:

Job title                           Community Engagement Associate

Reports to                       Head of Creative Development

Main Purpose of role      To support in the development of outreach and engagement for                                     

the ‘Sisters’ project.

Salary                             £2500

Term                               Freelance fixed-term, part-time contract – 25 days over to be worked over Jun – Oct 2017.

This is a phased project with the opportunity for extension to this initial term.

Criminal Records:       

This post is exempted from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and an offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory clearance from the relevant checking authority overseeing work with children, young people and vulnerable persons (currently the Criminal Records Bureau).

Job Description

Duties and Responsibilities:

• To work with NTW’s Head of Creative Development to develop and oversee all aspects of outreach and engagement for the project including undertaking research to be able to actively target local communities, groups, networks and individuals from the Indian and Indian sub-continent diaspora in Wales.
  • To undertake research and map the make-up of the South Asian community in South Wales.
  • To organise outreach events, and raise awareness of ‘Sisters’
  • To contribute to National Theatre Wales’s online community website
  • To attend meetings as required with both National Theatre Wales’ core team and project staff

Person Specification

Skills required:

• Experience of working in the arts or similar work in a community context
  • Previous experience of community engagement and development
  • An understanding of how to engage with diverse communities and audiences
  • A knowledge of the South Asian arts community in Wales and/or UK both within the professional and amateur sectors
  • A link to or knowledge of the relevant areas or communities
  • Excellent communication skills
  • Excellent organisational skills
  • The ability to converse in relevant languages to and experience of working in the Indian sub-continent would be desirable but not essential.

We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all backgrounds. Applications can be received in English or Welsh. 

Due to the requirements of the project we strongly encourage applications from individuals who are themselves female and from the Indian sub-continent diaspora.

If you would like to apply for the position, please send a copy of your up to date professional CV, together with a cover letter to simoncoates@nationaltheatrewales.org

You should include:

CV -

• full contact details and hyperlink to your NTW Community Profile
  • the contact details of two referees who know your work

Cover letter – (we ask that you keep your cover letter to two sides of A4):

• Detail your experience relevant to the position as outlined in the Person Specification.
  • a statement about your connection to Wales: we are focused on the development of theatre and theatre-making in Wales.

Completed Equal Opportunities form

Deadline: Applications by noon on 9 June 2017.

****************************************************************************************************************************************** 

National Theatre Wales

Cyswllt Ymgysylltu Cymunedol - 'Sisters'

Swydd Ddisgrifiad:

Mae National Theatre Wales yn chwilio am unigolyn sydd â phrofiad o ymgysylltu â'r gymuned o fewn cyd-destun y celfyddydau i gefnogi pob maes o'n gwaith allgymorth ar gyfer 'Sisters', prosiect cydweithredol newydd rhwng National Theatre Wales a Junoon Theatre (Mumbai).

Bydd y Cydymaith Ymgysylltu Cymunedol yn gweithio'n agos gydag aelodau o dîm craidd National Theatre Wales, i sicrhau cyfranogiad eang gan aelodau'r gymuned ac artistiaid alltud o is-gyfandir India sy'n byw yn rhanbarth De Cymru.

Y prosiect:

Mae 'Sisters' yn waith cyfoes newydd sbon sy'n cael ei ddatblygu gan grŵp o artistiaid o Gymru ac India y mae eu gwreiddiau a'u hanes diwylliannol yn gysylltiedig ag Is-gyfandir India. Bydd y cam cyntaf yn dechrau gyda sgwrs a chydweithio rhyngwladol rhwng artistiaid benywaidd yn India a Chymru, gan archwilio a herio'r mythau a'r syniadau ynghylch yr hyn y mae'n ei olygu i fod yn fenyw Asiaidd heddiw.

Y rôl:

Teitl y swydd                    Cyswllt Ymgysylltu Cymunedol

Yn atebol i                        Pennaeth Datblygu Creadigol

Prif Bwrpas y rôl              Cefnogi datblygu allgymorth ac ymgysylltu ar gyfer     
                                        prosiect 'Sisters'.

Cyflog                              £2500

Tymor                              Llawrhydd tymor penodol, rhan amser – 25 diwrnod I’w gweithio rhwng Mehefin – Hydref 2017.

Mae hwn yn brosiect fesul cam gyda'r cyfle i ymestyn y tymor cychwynnol hwn.

Cofnodion Troseddol:    

Mae'r swydd hon wedi'i heithrio o Ddeddf Ailsefydlu Troseddwyr (1974) a bydd cynnig cyflogaeth yn amodol ar gliriad boddhaol gan yr awdurdod gwirio perthnasol sy'n goruchwylio gwaith gyda phlant, pobl ifanc a phobl agored i niwed (y Swyddfa Cofnodion Troseddol ar hyn o bryd).

Swydd Ddisgrifiad

Dyletswyddau a chyfrifoldebau:

• Gweithio gyda Pennaeth Datblygu Creadigol NTW i ddatblygu a goruchwylio pob agwedd ar allgymorth ac ymgysylltu ar gyfer y prosiect, gan gynnwys ymgymryd ag ymchwil i allu mynd ati i dargedu cymunedau, grwpiau, rhwydweithiau ac unigolion lleol o blith cymuned alltud India ac is-gyfandir India yng Nghymru.
  • Ymgymryd â gwaith ymchwil a mapio ffurf y gymuned De Asiaidd yn Ne Cymru.
  • Trefnu digwyddiadau allgymorth, a chodi ymwybyddiaeth o 'Sisters'
  • Cyfrannu at wefan cymuned ar-lein National Theatre Wales
  • Mynychu cyfarfodydd yn ôl yr angen gyda thîm craidd National Theatre Wales

a staff y prosiect

Manyleb y Person

Sgiliau sydd eu hangen:

• Profiad o weithio yn y celfyddydau neu waith tebyg mewn cyd-destun cymunedol
  • Profiad blaenorol o ymgysylltu a datblygu cymunedol
  • Dealltwriaeth o sut i ymgysylltu â chymunedau a chynulleidfaoedd amrywiol
  • Gwybodaeth o'r gymuned gelfyddydol De Asiaidd yng Nghymru a/neu yn y DU o fewn y sectorau proffesiynol ac amatur
  • Cyswllt â'r ardaloedd neu gymunedau perthnasol, neu wybodaeth amdanynt
  • Sgiliau cyfathrebu rhagorol
  • Sgiliau trefnu rhagorol
  • Byddai'r gallu i siarad mewn ieithoedd sy'n berthnasol i is-gyfandir India a phrofiad o weithio yno yn ddymunol ond nid yn hanfodol.

Rydym yn gyflogwr cyfle cyfartal sy’n croesawu ceisiadau oddi wrth bobl o bob cefndir. Gellir cyflwyno ceisiadau yn Saesneg ynteu Gymraeg.

Oherwydd gofynion y prosiect rydym yn annog yn gryf ceisiadau gan unigolion sydd eu hunain yn fenywod ac o gymuned alltud is-gyfandir India.

Os hoffech chi wneud cais ar gyfer y rôl yma, anfonwch gopi o’ch CV cyfarwyddo diweddaraf, ynghyd â llythyr eglurhaol i simoncoates@nationaltheatrewales.org

Dylech gynnwys:

CV -

• manylion cyswllt llawn a dolen i’r Proffil Cymuned NTW
  • manylion cyswllt dau ganolwr sy’n adnabod eich gwaith

Llythyr eglurhaol – (gofynnwn i chi gadw eich llythyr eglurhaol i ddwy ochr A4):

• Manylion am eich profiad ar gyfer y rôl yma fel a welir yn y manyleb person.
  • datganiad am eich cysylltiad â Chymru: ein ffocws yw canolbwyntio ar ddatblygu theatr a gwneud theatr yng Nghymru.

Cwbwlhewch y Ffurflen Monitro Cyfle Cyfartal

Dyddiad cau: Ceisiadau erbyn canol dydd ar 9 Mehefin 2017

Views: 601

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service