Life in a Small-Scale Theatre - Hard Times (Producer's Blog)

Now, what I want is..FACTS!

That's almost the first line of Stephen Jeffreys' adaptation of Charles Dickens' Hard Times. It is a masterful adaptation of a masterful novel. And in these times, it seems entirely appropriate. 

We've loved this version for years and have always wanted to do it, and now with the collaboration of Pontardawe Arts Centre, the Arts Council and Ty Cerdd, we're giving it a go.

We're lucky enough to have on board the lovely Joe Harmston as director. Joe and we have worked together many times over the years and we're sure that he will bring his customary vision, energy, drive and passion to the rehearsal room for this one too.

Over the next few weeks, I will be charting the development of a show from the producer's perspective - a producer's diary, if you will! What producers do is quite often not understood (I know I didn't understand it when I started after acting!), and although I don't profess to be great at it, it might help to have a small window on the process of everything that goes on BEFORE you get to the rehearsal room...

Speak soon,

Adrian xxx

Views: 220

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service