Hello.
My name is Rosie Anne Winson. I am 23 years old and I live in Wrexham in North Wales.
I was introduced to National Theatre Wales TEAM in March 2016. At the time, I was studying a BA Honours degree in Theatre, TV and Performance at Glyndwr University. I was very interested and surprised at the opportunities that National Theatre Wales TEAM created and still creates today.

Living in North Wales is not easy as there aren't as many opportunities as there is in South Wales in the Performing Arts industry. Therefore, I decided to pursue a career as a teacher and I completed my PGCE. Whilst, I was doing my PGCE I gained experiences from working in schools, universities and community centres.

I volunteered to work at The Venture, Caia Park, where I worked with young children and teenagers from the age of four to sixteen. I would create and engage in activities and drama workshops. I am very happy that I have the teaching qualification, although I don't particularly want to become a teacher. I have always loved the arts, I have a great passion for creating projects and I love working in a community.

After teaching for a year, I decided to go back to university to focus on drama. I am currently doing my MA at the University of Chester. I did not want to give up my passion or my career goal. I have recently finished producing, directing and writing a show based on the true events of Aberfan 1966, tragedy. I am currently working on a small project that should show diversity, culture differences and unity.

Being accepted onto the TEAM Panel is a massive shock and I feel very grateful. My experience so far of TEAM Panel has been a positive one and I believe it will continue to be so. Everyone on the TEAM has been so welcoming and friendly. It is great to have different viewpoints and characters on the panel. I cannot wait to make a difference and I hope to bring more opportunities to North Wales.

2018 is looking very bright for National Theatre Wales.

Views: 240

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Devinda De Silva on January 21, 2018 at 23:02

Welcome to Panel Rosie. Great to have you on board.

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service