The Last Five Years, Cynhyrchydd Llawrydd – Cyfleoedd Llawrydd / Emerging Producer - Freelance Opportunity

The Last Five Years Producer

The Last Five Years is being created by Leeway Productions and is supported by Wales Millennium Centre and in partnership with Blackwood Miners. It will open as part of the Performances for the Curious season this Autumn at the Centre in the Weston Studio, before touring to venues across Wales.

As part of the Centre’s Emerging Producer scheme, we are looking for a Freelance Producer with a genuine passion and interest in Musical Theatre, to work with Leeway Productions for the duration of the tour.

The Emerging Producer will be based at a location in the Rhondda Valleys and the Centre. The role will be suitable for a Producer at the beginning of their career, as part of this opportunity you will be mentored by the Producing team at the Centre.

Leeway Productions

Leeway Productions is a theatre company dedicated to producing new and existing musical theatre repertoire for theatres and audiences in Wales and beyond. We are the only professional company in Wales dedicated solely to musical theatre. We use artist-led practice to challenge traditional forms of music theatre and want to re-position musical theatre as an art-form that sits side by side with programming across all venues throughout Wales. Focusing on Musical Theatre we inspire creatives to collaborate on bold productions, creating work especially for small, mid-scale venues and festivals. Leeway Productions have a clear focus on becoming diversity confident and making work that is accessible to enable a new audience to try something different.

Wales Millennium Centre

Wales Millennium Centre is the nation's home for the performing arts situated at the heart of Cardiff Bay. One of the UK's top cultural attractions, the Centre provides an extensive programme of world class entertainment, showcases Welsh creativity and talents, partners with international artistic companies, and offers creative learning and community engagement opportunities aimed at increasing accessibility to art and culture. This Welsh landmark has welcomed over 16.5 million visitors since opening in 2004.

Requirements

• To act as Producer on The Last Five Years and to complete the tasks as laid out below but not limited to -
    • To complete any contracting for the project in line with UK Theatre and Equity Agreements
    • To ensure all industry standards are kept to and surpassed including Equity agreements etc.
    • To assist with any communication with the Arts Council of Wales, this is to include support with evaluation and to be present on the project until Arts Council of Wales have confirmed their settlement of the project
    • To manage the budget of the project and to ensure it comes in on budget with Leeway Productions. At the end of the project to reconcile the budget with Leeway Productions.
    • To run the cashflow of the project to ensure that all invoices and payments are made on time with creditors in line with Leeway Productions processes
    • To run the cashflow of the project to ensure that all invoices and payments are made on time with creditors in line with Leeway Productions processes
    • To manage the marketing, press and promotion of the project and to ensure that ticket sales/income generation is maximised.
    • To evaluate the project fully.
    • To ensure all accessibility and community aspects of the project are fulfilled as agreed
    • To ensure that all health and safety is in place on the project
    • To arrange all logistical aspects of the project
    • To be the day to day contact for the project for Wales Millennium Centre and all other tour venues

Contract Type: Freelance

Please note, the successful applicant will be responsible for their own tax and NI.

Dates of Engagement (to be confirmed):

Rehearsals in Cardiff and The Valleys: October 1st-November 3rd (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

Production week @ Wales Millennium Centre- w/c 5 November

Performances @ Wales Millennium Centre – w/c 12 November

November 23rd- Galeri, Caernarfon

November 27 and 28- Blackwood Miners Institute

December 5th- Aberystwyth Arts Centre

December 1st and 2nd- Theatr Soar, Merthyr

December 11th- Ffwrnes, llanelli

Fees:

Fee is £6000 (£100 day for 60 days work)

If you’re interested in this opportunity, please send your CV and a covering letter to jenny.sturt@wmc.org.uk by 30th April at 12pm. Interviews will take place on 17 May at Wales Millennium Centre.

Cynhyrchydd The Last Five Years

Crëwyd The Last Five Years gan Leeway Productions a chefnogwyd gan Ganolfan Mileniwm Cymru ar y cyd â Sefydliad y Glowyr Coed Duon. Bydd yn cael ei lansio fel rhan o dymor Perfformiadau i’r Chwilfrydig yr Hydref hwn yn Stiwdio Weston y Ganolfan, cyn teithio i amryw o leoliadau ledled Cymru.

Fel rhan o gynllun Cynhyrchwyr Newydd, rydyn ni’n chwilio am gynhyrchydd llawrydd sydd yn ymddiddori mewn ac yn angerddol ynglŷn â Theatr Gerdd, i weithio gyda Leeway Productions am hyd y daith.

Bydd y cynhyrchydd newydd yn cael ei leoli rhywle yng Nghymoedd y Rhondda gyda Leeway Productions ac yn y Ganolfan. Bydd y rôl yn addas ar gyfer Cynhyrchydd sydd ar ddechrau gyrfa, fel rhan o’r cyfle hwn cewch eich mentora gan dîm Cynhyrchu'r Ganolfan.

Leeway Productions

Mae Leeway Productions yn gwmni theatr sy’n ymrwymo i gynhyrchu repertoire theatr gerdd newydd a repertoire sy’n barod mewn bodolaeth ar gyfer theatrau a chynulleidfaoedd yng Nghymru a thu hwnt. Ni yw’r unig gwmni proffesiynol yng Nghymru sydd wedi ymrwymo’n gyfan gwbl i theatr gerdd. Rydyn ni’n annog artistiaid i arwain y gwaith er mwyn herio ffurf draddodiadol theatr gerdd a hoffwn ail-leoli theatr gerdd ym myd y celfyddydau fel ffurf gelf ochr yn ochr â rhaglennu ym mhob lleoliad ar draws Cymru. Yn canolbwyntio’n bennaf ar Theatr Gerdd rydyn ni’n ysbrydoli pobl greadigol i gydweithio ar gynyrchiadau mentrus a chreu gwaith yn arbennig ar gyfer lleoliadau a gwyliau o faint bach neu ganolig. Mae gan Leeway Productions ganolbwynt clir i fod yn hyderus o ran amrywiaeth a chreu gwaith sy’n hygyrch o ran galluogi cynulleidfa newydd i drio rhywbeth gwahanol.

Canolfan Mileniwm Cymru

Canolfan Mileniwm Cymru yw cartref celfyddydau perfformio’r genedl sydd wedi’i leoli yng nghanol Bae Caerdydd. Un o brif atyniadau diwylliedig Cymru, mae’r Ganolfan yn darparu rhaglen eang o adloniant fyd enwog, arddangos creadigrwydd a thalent Cymraeg a chydweithio gyda chwmnïoedd artistig rhyngwladol. Mae hefyd yn cynnig dysgu creadigol a chyfleoedd i ymgysylltu â’r gymuned gyda’r bwriad o gynyddu hygyrchedd i gelf a diwylliant. Mae’r tirnod Cymraeg wedi croesawu dros 1.5 miliwn o ymwelwyr ers agor yn 2004.

Gofynion

• Bod yn gynhyrchydd ar gyfer The Last Five Years a chyflawni’r tasgau isod ond heb fod yn gyfyngedig i:
    • Cyflawni unrhyw gytundebau ar gyfer y prosiect yn gytûn a Chytundebau Theatr ac Undeb yr Actorion y DU
    • Sicrhau caiff safonau ac achrediadau’r diwydiant eu cwrdd â’u rhagori gan gynnwys cytundebau Undeb yr Actorion ayyb.  
    • Cynorthwyo gydag unrhyw gyfathrebiadau gyda Chyngor y Celfyddydau Cymru, mae hyn yn cynnwys cefnogaeth gyda’r gwerthusiad a phresenoldeb ar y prosiect tan i Gyngor y Celfyddydau gadarnhau ei chytundeb gyda’r prosiect.
    • Rheoli cyllid y prosiect a sicrhau ei bod yn cyd-fynd â chyllid Leeway Productions.
    • Rheoli llif arian y prosiect a sicrhau y caiff anfonebau a thaliadau eu prosesu ar amser gyda’r credydwyr yn gytûn â phrosesau Leeway Productions.
    • Rheoli marchnata, y wasg a hyrwyddo’r prosiect a manteisio i’r eithaf ar werthiant tocynnau/cynhyrchu incwm.
    • Gwerthuso’r prosiect yn llawn.
    • Sicrhau fod hygyrchedd ac elfennau cymunedol o’r prosiect yn cael eu cyflawni fel y cytunwyd
    • Sicrhau fod iechyd a diogelwch yn ei le ar gyfer y prosiect
    • Trefnu elfennau logistaidd y prosiect
    • Bod yn gyswllt dydd i ddydd y prosiect ar gyfer Canolfan Mileniwm Cymru a phob lleoliad arall or daith.

Math o Gytundeb: Llawrydd

Noder, bydd yr ymgeisydd llwyddiannus yn gyfrifol am ei TAW a’i Yswiriant Gwladol.

Dyddiadau’r Ymrwymiad (i’w cadarnhau):

Ymarferion yng Nghaerdydd a’r Cymoedd: Hydref 1af – Tachwedd 3ydd (GALL NEWID)

Wythnos Cynhyrchu yng Nghanolfan Mileniwm Cymru – w/d 5 Tachwedd

Perfformiadau yng Nghanolfan Mileniwm Cymru – w/d 12 Tachwedd

Tachwedd 23ain – Galeri, Caernarfon

Tachwedd 27 a 28 – Sefydliad y Glowyr Coed Duon

Rhagfyr 5ed – Canolfan Gelfyddydol Aberystwyth

Rhagfyr 1af ac 2il – Theatr Soar, Merthyr

Rhagfyr 11eg – Ffwrnes, Llanelli

Ffioedd:

Ffi yw £6000 (£100 y diwrnod am 60 diwrnod o waith)

Os oes diddordeb gennych yn y cyfle hwn, a wnewch chi anfon eich CV a Llythyr Cais at jenny.sturt@wmc.org.uk erbyn 30ain o Ebrill am 12pm. Bydd cyfweliadau yn digwydd ar y 17eg o Fai yng Nghanolfan Mileniwm Cymru.

Views: 691

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service