TicketSource "Best Writing Award" 2018 | £100 Cash Prize

Hello you busy bodies of the theatrical underworld. This is a competition being hosted by  TicketSource, but  ScriptDawg (and by extension, me),  Bad Wolf Productions and Cardiff Fringe Theatre Festival are also involved. So, since it's Sunday and I have an hour to kill, I thought I would take a moment to let you all know how I'm (and by extension, ScriptDawg) involved in the project. 

The Award 

The TicketSource Best Writing Award offers budding script writers the chance to have their script judged by industry professionals including Bad Wolf Productions, plus win £100 cash prize. 

The top 3 scripts chosen also have the chance to have their script performed live at the closing party of the festival on 23rd June at The Gate, Cardiff.  

Winning Script: £100 Cash 

Top 3 Scripts: Performed at Cardiff Fringe Theatre Festival, closing party – 23rd June, The Gate, Cardiff 

Script Theme: New Beginnings 

Script Reading Length: 7 – 10 minutes 

Entry Closing Date: 15th June 2018  

Submit your script at:  

https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/best-writing-award  

ScriptDawg's involvement 

We're script reading and will be presenting the top 3 scripts at the closing party. The above text suggests that there could be the possibility that the performances may not happen, and this could be due to the complexity of the pieces and the limited amount of time that we have to get the scripts on its feet. Though, we can't say for sure until after the deadline and we have read through all the submissions.  

We're not on the judging panel... But, industry professionals? Sure! The judging panel is comprised of Bad Wolf Productions and some other industry professionals who're operating independently for this competition. We'll be selecting 10 scripts and then sending them over to the judges to pick their top 3 favourites which'll be (hopefully) presented at the closing party. So, what you're thinking is true, there's no point in trying to bribe me :( 

I'm running a free workshop, this is completely separate from the competition! If you are thinking about coming to the workshop and submitting a script, please do so outside of the workshop as the workshop is focusing on character development and organisational skills (you can find workshop information here).  

And that's all I have for you at the moment. I'm not really a blogger and thought that this information might be useful to some of you. Please feel free to share as you might convince a friend to pick up a pen and enter.  

Want to be kept in the loop? 

Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter: @ScriptDawgUK

Thanks.  

Views: 166

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service