AUDITION: Performers for RnD of The Last Post

I am looking to meet two new performers to join me for one week of research and development on The Last Post at The Riverfront Theatre in Newport, supported by Arts Council Wales.

This piece of work will be an immersive, surreal story woven around an intergenerational letter writing project, inspired by pulp novels, noir, myth and the Tower of Babel. It will also be a piece of public, outdoor work, based around three proposed performative strands:

The first will be an immersive post office based performance performed by two actors that lasts 30 minutes. The focus of this show will be geared towards supporting young people to write to predetermined older people in their community through a relationship built up with a targeted local care home.

The second will be the processional performance of the letter delivery, on the back of a horse and cart through the streets and delivered at a re-determined care home for the elderly participants by the performers in a clowning ritualistic performance.

And thirdly a piece that involves both the young and elderly participants together in the street in Newport. This might be as an instillation or as a performed section.

Experience of performing outdoors and in the street, clowning and devising as an ensemble desired. 

Pay: £483 for the week, inline with ITC guidelines for 2019/2020.

Please send a CV and cover letter to kristoffer.huball@gmail.com for more details.

More details on my practise: www.kristofferhuball.com

Views: 123

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service