Actresses for recording reading - Cardiff

4 Females/ Actresses wanted for a recorded reading. Must have or be able to read in an appropriate Welsh accent . 
When: Thursday, 17 October, 2019, 10:30 am - 12 noon. 
Where: 30 Castle Arcade, Cardiff.
Compensation:  £40   The reading should take approximately 90 minutes.

I am directing a production of "The Revlon Girl" set in Aberfan, Wales in 1966. The characters are Aberfan mothers in their mid 30s.
The March 2020 production will be the USA premiere, presented at the Barn Theatre in Montville, New Jersey, USA, an established (92 years) non-profit community theatre. https://www.barntheatre.org/show.asp?showid=651 ; The Barn Theatre is excited to bring this important story to American audiences.
I would like to record a reading of the script for the sole purpose of assisting the American actresses (not yet cast) to learn a proper Welsh accent. The recording will not be used for any commercial purpose and will not be published or broadcast in any manner, nor will it be shared on social media.

I am visiting Cardiff and Aberfan 16-22 October.  The National Theatre Wales has generously offered the use of a meeting room at its offices at 30 Castle Arcade in Cardiff where the recording will take place on Thursday, 17 October at 10:30 am.. The National Theatre Wales is not associated with the production.

Acting experience preferred but anyone familiar with script reading (and the right accent) may apply.

Please reply by email  to billpurdy2@gmail.com

Thank you.

Bill Purdy

Views: 148

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service