Hello everyone.

I feel somewhat of a dinosaur given that this is my first ever blog. I'm not one for embracing technology too easily, always thinking it's beyond me and then once I try it, realizing its not so bad after all. So this is my try-out, but what to put in it?

There's been a lot to think about since meeting some of the artists involved in Soul Exchange on Saturday in Manchester. Lots of words and pictures in my head but how it will all play out is another matter all together. I've just watched The Tempest in Butetown which was fascinating, not least because it shows you all that wonderful mud left after the tide would have gone out in the bay. Must have been a fantastic playground for the young.

Gavin's blog video's and photographs and Kyle's cartoons offer insight into the life of Butetown past and present. The more I hear and see the more there is to hear and see - complex lives and stories, hidden meanings and shifting perspectives; lots of food for thought and its only just the beginning.

Views: 86

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Devinda De Silva on July 7, 2010 at 6:15
Good to see you on the community Kully. As you say, this is only the beginning. There's lots more to look forward to.

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service