Edinburgh - any shows to recommend for review?

Hi everyone,

I'm heading to Edinburgh this year for just a week to see lots of shows and do lots and lots of writing. I've somehow managed to blag my way in as a sort of runner for Lyn Gardner at the Guardian, meaning that I will be spending every day seeing as much as I possibly can and then reporting back to Lyn on what she should go and see for review. There are obviously way too many shows for Lyn to see, let alone review, so she has entrusted me (god help her) with the responsibility of filtering out some of the good stuff so she can optimise her time there.

All of this means that I'm going to be seeing shows around the clock, reviewing whatever I can on my blog, and then recommending some of the shows I go to see for review in the Guardian. And I'm there from Thurs 5-Thurs 12 August.

Sooooo... Is anyone from Cardiff going to be there at that time? And does anybody have some recommendations of who I should go see? Also, if anybody wants to buy me coffee/lunch/accommodation that would be lovely as I'm basically going to be skint :)

Views: 125

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Jessica Hayles on August 9, 2010 at 0:05
Come and see 'Oi for England' in Venue 13 from Saturday seen as you missed it in Cardiff! :)
Comment by Ben Bryant on July 30, 2010 at 22:23
Two tantalising offers right there. Chris - I will definitely try and get to your show. Mathilde - how could I pass that up? I'm a vegetarian, particularly fond of roast vegetables and halloumi, but will happily settle for peanut butter x
Comment by Christopher Morgan on July 30, 2010 at 9:39
Hi Ben, if you have the time you could catch our show at Venue 13. SUPERTRAMP SICKERT AND JACK THE RIPPER. I have added it to the events. We open on Friday 6th August.
Comment by Mathilde Lopez on July 30, 2010 at 9:14
My dear Ben, I won't be there, but I can prepare you a sandwich for your train journey to Edinburgh mx

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service