Hello! If you're new to this social network site, please introduce yourself to our community.

Who are you? Why are you here? What do you do? How are you already involved in theatre - as a fan/participant/performer/artist? What do you want from National Theatre Wales? How do you want to become more involved with us and what we do?

PLEASE - Be honest and don't feel that you have to impress anyone.

As for me, I'm Catherine and I'm a Creative Associate with National Theatre Wales. I am Cardiff born and Cardiff bred... and very proud of it. I am a theatre director and have directed plays and lead projects with professional performers, new writers and young artists in lots of exciting places.

I want National Theatre Wales to put Welsh talent in Welsh productions on an international stage, speaking with and for Welsh artists and Welsh audiences. This social network will be the first place for this to happen as it is a space where National Theatre Wales can have an open dialogue with its core members - you, our community.

I hope you will use this social network to influence our work, to tell us how you want to get involved, what work we should be making, where you want us to go, where we are doing well and where we can do better.

Together we can build a community of people who talk to each other to make National Theatre Wales the best it can be - a truly National Theatre owned by the community it works with and for.

Views: 1676

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hiya All,

I'm Tracy Harris and I'm a playwright from Swansea. My latest play the cloak room was recently on at the Sherman and was part of the Smithsonian Festival in Washington DC.

I'm really excited and looking forward to NTW and seeing what positive things will happen for me as a writer, but for all creative people wanting to make new, bold theatre in wales and beyond!X
Hi all,

I'm Lee, and I'm a recent marketing graduate which means i'm currently unemployed, extremely broke, and looking enthusiastically for a role in arts marketing/management.

My theatre background is mostly in amateur companies. I aspired to become a professional actor, I got into Italia Conti in 2001, but unfortunatley could not secure funding. since then i found a strange second passion in marketing (hence the degree) and hope to help bring the theatre back to the forefront of entertainment.

I'm very much looking forward to what NTW is going to offer in the near future. Judging by how great this online community is, it's going to be very exciting indeed.
Hi - I'm Gareth, and I'm the technical stage manager at Sherman Cymru.

And I spend waaaay too much time on the internet already, so I'm nervous about this! :-)
Hello, my name is Calum and I am an Actor/Workshop Leader living in South Wales. The main body of work that I do is theatre based and I have been a 'Theatre Fan' for as long as I can remember. I have just finished a tour of South Wales with Black Rat Productions and A Midsummer Nights Dream that Catherine very kindly came to see in Swansea. I played Flute the bellows mender and The First Fairy.

I, just like all of you, am extremely excited about National Theatre Wales. We have a lot of talent here and NTW is a great step forward in promoting that talent in and out of Wales.
Hi Catherine and everyone. I'm Stephen (or Steve) matters not which.

I've been active in the world of Amateur theatre for over 30 years as: singer, actor, sometime dancer (no longer!)director, make-up man and dresser. I've also worked backstage, on props and front of house and coached for auditions. I started writing a few years ago and haven't stopped since and still hoping to write 'that' play.

I'm actively involved with Cardiff Shakespeare Readers; I go to theatre as much as I can (and when I can afford it) and love it in all its shapes and forms.
I served my time in the galleys with Neath Amateur Operatic Society, Swansea Little Theatre and had many happy years with Neath Little Theatre where I directed for the first and so far only time. In the 80's I was involved with a summer touring fit-up theatre in Cornwall for the St Endelion Festival. I'm now retired early from work and have just started my B.A in Lit with the O.U.
Hello!! I have been wanting to introduce myself for the psat week since i seen your little disply in cardiff!! My name is Gareth Williams but you can call me anything you want!
I am currently studying at Carmarthen University (Theatre Design & Productions). That covers all aspects of theatre!! I am off to America LA to study out there in a few weeks for 5 months to get a different feel for theatre and an expierence invaluable for myself!!

When i finish the course I would very much want to become a part of your team and help bring new and exciting theatre into Wales!!

Thanks for reading!! x
Hello Gareth,
my name is Mike Devaney, and I am the technical director for NTW . Please get in contact when you get back. Always good to have fresh ideas and you will see a very different way of working in the US, be good to hear your thoughts.Have fun!

cheers Mike Devaney
My name's Dave, I'm in my mid thirties. Recently moved back to Cardiff from Brighton. I've got no experience whatsoever of theatre...but I was intrigued by what the National Theatre Wales is trying to do. I like the idea that it's 'buidling-less'. I love the fact that it's inviting ideas and input. I like the fact that it's promoting new and different way of thinking...and I think we absolutely need to encourage that in Wales.

I currently work in Communications, meaning I've got experience in things like writing, Video production, Intranet, etc - but probably most importantly, making creative things happen. Prior to that I was a fairly unsuccessful musician.

My gut feel is that I'd like to be involved in some capacity...though not sure how and where my skills could be used.

Dave
Hi,
I'm Samuel Hasler, I'm a visual artist, writer, and kind of involved in curating and setting up events. I work mostly in the field of 'performance' or 'live art' depending on which term you hate less.

I don't know an awful lot about theatre in any kind of typical structural sense. So I joined on the recomendation of friends, and I'm interested to see what comes up. I imagine that the writing that I'm involved in could be of some relevance.
a recent example of a project would be a blog I wrote about all the toilets I entered over the time of lent this year, found at:
www.lentproject09.blogspot.com
Hello I'm Kirsten McTernan and I'm a Performing Arts Photographer and Designer. Born in Swansea I started off wanting to be an actress and was a member of the West Glamorgan County Youth Theatre (which remains as one of the best decisions I’ve ever made as it made me the person I am today!) for many years, studied performing arts in Gorseinon College and along with some others founded a small theatre company called Room 16 which we toured to both Wales and London many Moons ago.
Nowadays as I’ve mentioned I'm only ever watching the shows or rather watching them through my camera, which is definitely how I like it! I ever photograph anything related to Theatre, Opera, Dance, Actors, Music and the Arts so no weddings/dogs or kids for me - hooray! I work all over Wales but mainly within Cardiff which is where I am based. Some of my past clients are the RWCMD, Sherman Cymru, WNO, WMC, Chapter, Theatr Iolo, BBC, Channel Five, S4C, ITV etc.
I love Theatre and I love Photography - What a fab job I have! Looking forward to seeing some great developments for theatre in Wales!
Hi. I'm Zoe and I'm a proud Swansea girl. I've been a streetdance choreographer for 10 years working with kids predominantly. I love it and my teams have successfully qualified for the Worlds three times representing Cymru! But, my big love is writing. I completed my MA in Creative Writing at University of Wales Swansea in 2006 and I've written a few shows which have been used by dance schools. I've been working on a musical for a year in collaboration with david westcott, a composer from Brecon. It's a streetdance based musical and I hope I get to see it on stage sometime soon. I joined NTWC to chat to other writers and to find opportunities for writing.
Hi I'm Tom, joined about 5 minutes ago. Its all a bit good isn't? I'm an actor and I would to like get involved by acting.

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service