I would really like to work with a group of women to develop a script for an idea I have. There is no money (apologies) but I promise Chocolate Gateaux and anything else edible or that you're able to drink. I would like to do an impro day working around the themes of my next play. If you have read the book 'Like Water for Chocolate' that could help but if you haven't don't worry. I think at least 5/6 actresses would be great - location for a rehearsal day would possibly be either a home central to everyone as access to a kitchen would be great, if not Chapter or Bridgend College. I would like to hold the day as soon as possible (according to everyone's availabilty) as I need inspiration to start writing.

The roles are for women over 30 but don't worry about age as this is a development stage.

Message me on here to let me know of your interest.

Best Wishes, Look Forward to hearing from you,

Carmen

Views: 374

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Ellen Morris on February 4, 2012 at 8:30

Hiya Carmen, hope you are well. What is the book about? x

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on February 3, 2012 at 3:54

Hi All, I know some people have emailed me privately but had a really good response so may do some development with a large group, the more the merrier xx

Comment by Sarah-Louise Tyler on February 2, 2012 at 9:55

Hi Carmen,

I'd be very interested in getting involved too!  I'm thirty one years old, based in Cardiff and particularly enjoy developing new work.  I'm familiar with the novel but haven't read it-it's actually been on my "to read" list for some time!!

Cheers, all the best,

Sarah

www.sarahlouisetyler.com

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on February 2, 2012 at 7:46

Hi, That's great, Thanks Ana - would love to hear your thoughts, Thanks Polly and I totally agree Serena, I think this age group is overlooked I think they need their voice heard x

Comment by Serena Lewis on February 2, 2012 at 7:21
Hello again Carmen
I'd love to do some more improv and to be involved in a new project at an early stage sounds fascinating plus I never turn down cake!
I am over 30 and it's nice to know that work is being created for women in this age bracket as we are often too old to play the daughter but too young to be the mum in so many plays.
I haven't read the book but will do.
Best wishes
Serena

Serena
Comment by Polly on February 2, 2012 at 6:23

Hi Carmen,  I'd be interested as well.  I am 40 and am available most of the time bar Fri/Sat.  I am Rhondda based.

Love to hear from you, Polly

Comment by Ana Díaz on February 2, 2012 at 6:19

Hi Carmen, 

I would be interested in helping. I had to read the book for school a couple of years ago (I'm from Mexico) and found it really interesting. I'm only 21, but if you say age doesn't matter at this stage, I'd love to help out!

Best wishes,

Ana

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service