Hello, I am a 2nd year film student studying at Newport University currently planning a short realist film for our assignment. After seeing impressive performances from talented performers from the National Theatre Wales, I thought I would ask if any of you would be interested in staring in this film.
I'm looking to cast 3 roles, 2 female and 1 male. 
The main role is for a girl who has 'Claustrophilia' a love of small spaces, she enjoys locking herself away in cupboards, boxes etc.
The 2nd female role is for her best friend who tries to convince her that her 'habit' isn't healthy
The male part if for a man who works in an antique shop who keeps bumping into the main girl and becomes a love interest.

Our basic film story is about a girl with an unusual condition, who falls for this boy who works in the antique shop but is too afraid to express her feelings because she fears he would think she was a freak due to her condition.

Its going to be shown in a light-hearted comical way but still with plenty of emotion

Would love to hear from anyone who might be interested. 

thanks

Kat

Views: 1068

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kat,

Your project sounds great!  Would you like me to send a CV and headshot etc?

All the best!

Cari

Hi, yes that would be great if possible. My email is listed above 

Thanks to all that have applied for our student film. Hopefully I will now answer all the questions you have posted to me and give you some more information.

Auditions will be held on Tuesday 20th at Newport University city campus. If this date isn't good please let me know and we can try and arrange an alternative but the sooner the better if possible. We would meet you in the cafe next to reception and take you to the room we have booked in the campus to hold the auditions. We will have the room from 9am til 4pm so if you can only do a specific time on that day please let me know otherwise we can give you a time to come in. 

We would like everyone who is auditioning to bring along a monologue to perform. Something comical or romantic that relates to the themes of the film would be fantastic but if not, any monologue is fine. I will also send each of you a copy of our script, so if anyone hasn't sent me or listed their email address could you please send it to me so I can send you the script. 

To answer the questions about budget, as we are a student film regrettably we cannot afford to pay who we cast, however we can pay travel expenses and are open to negotiations if it is feasible for us.

If you have any other questions please let me know

Thanks again,

Kat

email: katpurchase@hotmail.co.uk

mob: 07827943366

Oh and our filming dates will be the 16th, 17th and 18th of April

Hi Kat

Hope all is well. Just wondered if you had received my cv properly.

Best

Sion

Hi Sion,

Yes I did thank you. We would love for you to come audition for our film so let me know if Tuesday will be ok for you and we can arrange a time.

Thanks

Kat

Hi there I'm Rowena, when will you be shooting?

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service