Information

Actors

An official National Theatre Wales group

Actors who want to hear about news and opportunities at National Theatre Wales, and keep in touch with each other.

View the National Theatre Wales Casting Policy here.

Members: 1009
Latest Activity: Mar 28, 2023

Discussion Forum

Casting Call

Started by Caroline Sabin Jun 16, 2021.

CASTING CALL

Started by Stacey Daly Jun 16, 2021.

BoomTown 2019

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 26, 2019.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Actors to add comments!

Comment by Terry Victor on June 4, 2012 at 8:11

I'd just like to take a moment to use this public forum to thank the entire touring company of Fragments of Ash - Rebecca Alexander, Dick Bradnum, Tracey Briggs, Janine Cooper-Marshall, Sam Harding and Kevin Smith - for making this adventure one of the happiest and most satisfying of my professional life. We made theatre and we made friends.

The Fragments of Ash journey is now over (bar the final accounting) and it's time to move on. The final version of the production owed so much to  Gareth Wyn Griffiths, Jane Lalljee , Kylie Ann Smith. The talents of Alex Robertson, June Campbell Davies and Jamie Owen enhanced the piece. 

The whole thing couldn't have happened without Liz Gardiner who came along for the ride and ended up driving the tour. Her admin skills, kindness and common sense have kept us all on track. In turn I know Liz would join me in acknowledging the huge support of Val and Gaynor at Hijinx, Nick at ACW and Peter and the team at Night Out.  

Thank you all.

Comment by Paula Major on June 4, 2012 at 6:16

A male actor is needed for a short film trailer (drama/legend) linked with mobile phone technologies.

Filming will be located in Carmarthenshire area. Requires one day shoot on 7th July 2012 plus prep for hair/costume/makeup.

We are looking for a male actor approx 23-30 years old to play the role of a druid/bard. Strong character face needed. Strong eyes. Ability to speak Welsh with a North Wales accent needed.

Low pay.

If you're interested please can you send a headshot photo and CV ASAP to hello@elieon.com

Looking forward to hearing from you and hope you are enjoying the bank holiday......
Paula (Creative Producer)

Comment by Maeve Scullion on May 31, 2012 at 7:25

Hello All!

Next Thursday (June the 7Th) I’m going to be involved in running a casual improvisation session at Cardiff Student’s Union. We’re going to try out some exercises related to focus, imagination, storytelling and group synchronicity. Having previously performed in a completely improvised show at the 2011 Edinburgh Fringe Festival, we’re interested in how developing these skills could benefit ourselves and other people as performers.  

We really hope through holding an experimental session we could learn about how possible sessions could be run in future, as well as sparking off fresh ideas and thoughts for new work and having a good time!

If you’re interested at all, drop me a message or a comment, we shall be meeting at 6.45pm at the bottom of the Student Union Steps and the session will happen in the Gareth Edwards Room. Hope to see some of you there!

Thanks v much,

Maeve xx

Comment by Kenon Man on May 30, 2012 at 3:52

Full list of Plays, Directors and Cast for Sherman Cymru ScriptSlam tomorrow at 8pm.  Local Cardiff band - Sunshine Riots will be performing during the interval. Book Online

The Best Men by David Taylor

Director:Julia Wyndham

Cast:Matthew Owen, Francois Pandolfo

Mineral Prospector by Emily Hinshelwood

Director:Jamie Lee

Cast:Rhian Blythe, Richard Nichols, Ri Richards

Headless Chicken by Colin Dowland

Director: Jamie Lee

Cast:Rhian Blythe, Sion Pritchard, Cler Stephens

There's an app for that by Paul Mackay

Director: Peter Scott

Cast:Catherine Ayers, Eifion ap Cadno, Gwawr Loader, Francois Pandolfo

Vigil by Kate Devlin

Director: Peter Scott

Cast: Richard Elis, Gwawr Loader

Comment by Kenon Man on May 29, 2012 at 4:54

Byddwch yn rhan o SgriptSlam Sherman Cymru yn yr Eisteddfod Genedlaethol 2012

Fel rhan o’u hymroddiad i ganfod a meithrin lleisiau ffres, mae Sherman Cymru yn gwahodd awduron newydd i gyflwyno sgriptiau ar gyfer eu prosiect poblogaidd SgriptSlam, a gyflwynir yn Eisteddfod Genedlaethol Bro Morgannwg.

Dylai’r sgriptiau fod yn ddramau neu’n olygfeydd deng munud ar gyfer y llwyfan yn y Gymraeg. Dewisir naw sgript i’w datblygu a’u cyflwyno yn Theatr y Maes yn yr Eisteddfod Genedlaethol ym mi Awst o flaen cynulleidfa a phanel o arbenigwyr.

Bydd y perfformiadau yn digwydd ar Ddydd Llun 6, Dydd Mercher 8 a Dydd Gwener 10 o Awst ac ymhob sesiwn gwahoddir y gynulleidfa i ddewis eu hoff ddrama. Bydd pob enillydd dyddiol yn derbyn pecyn o ddramau a’r cyfle i weithio gyda Sherman Cymru i ddatblygu fel awdur.

Dywed y dramodydd Ian Rowlands, cyn-banelydd SgriptSlam, am y digwyddiad:

“Does na’r un lle gwell i weld cyw dramodwyr yn ymarfer eu crefft na yn y Sgript Slam. Mae’r egni yn amrwd a llawn potensial ar gyfer dyfodol y theatr Gymraeg.”

Y dyddiad cau ar gyfer cyflwyno sgriptiau yw Gorffennaf 2, 2012. Yn ogystal, hoffai Sherman Cymru glywed gan actorion a chyfarwyddwyr a fyddai’n hoffi gweithio ar y prosiect: bydd y cwmni’n talu costau teithio a mynediad i’r Eisteddfod i rai yn cymryd rhan. Am fanylion pellach am gyflwyno sgriptiau neu weithio ar y prosiect, cysylltwch â Siân Summers ar sian.summers@shermancymru.co.uk neu Sarah Bickerton ar sarah.bickerton@shermancymru.co.uk

Comment by Harry Boast on May 29, 2012 at 2:54

Hi There! We are currently planning a short action film to be filmed in Swansea and are looking for actors. Please see below for details.

Casting Call:

A Short Action Film.

4 Males.

2 – Can play ages 25-35. Bouncer types. Physically strong.

1 – Ages 30-35. The Boss. Medium build. Authoritive. Commanding.

1 – Ages 18-23. Jerry. Medium build. Cocky type.

I have to say that in the script there is a short fight sequence so if you wish to apply for ANY of the roles you must be able bodied as it will include strenous physical work.

You will be required for two days. One will be in the daytime to choreograph the fight sequence. The second day will be a night shoot from 7PM until shooting wraps, or if required a second night of shooting. We want to organise shooting dates according to actor/ company availability. We’re looking at shooting in early to mid June.

It is non paid but you get a credit and a copy of the film. We can pay for small expenses, i.e. short train fares. The film will be toured at film festivals around the country and so will get a lot of  exposure.

Please send an email to turnshoe@ymail.com with your headshots and CV. If you don’t have a headshot a clear photo should be ok.

-Turnshoe Film

Comment by Liz Gardiner on May 28, 2012 at 5:42

Right..... who hasn't booked tickets for Fragments of Ash at Chapter on Friday 1st or Saturday 2nd June? You are so going to regret not catching this amazing piece of theatre on its last two dates - ever!!! Here's the link to Chapter's online booking system.https://uk.patronbase.com/_Chapter/Productions/FRAG/Performances

Comment by Kenon Man on May 27, 2012 at 23:36

Belarus Free Theatre will be at Sherman Cymru tomorrow and Wednesday with Minsk 2011: A Reply to Kathy Acker. One of the most talked about hits of Edinburgh Fringe 2011 and Fringe First award winner.

Belarus Free Theatre was founded in 2005 in Europe’s last surviving dictatorship by husband and wife team Natalia Kaliada and Nicolai Khalezin, joined shortly afterwards by Vladimir Shcherban. All company members together with audiences have been arrested, lost their jobs, been forced into hiding or exile for making theatre. Despite this, the company continues to develop award-winning work with the support of artists around the world.

Comment by Terry Victor on May 27, 2012 at 20:46

Hi Everyone

Two awesome pieces of theatre on in Cardiff this week. Belarus' Free Theatre are doing Minsk 2011 at the Sherman - then a few days later when you've had a chance to get over that - Fragments of Ash is doing two nights at Chapter. It's the end of the tour. Try and see both but if push comes to shove we'd really like to see you at Chapter - forget I even mentioned the Sherman. Book now - and bring tissues.

Comment by Suzie Rees on May 27, 2012 at 10:10

Hi Kelly, I'd be interested if you have anything which might suit me.  Look forward to hearing from you :)

Members (1009)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service