Information

WalesLab

WalesLab is no longer receiving submission. This page is an archive and a place for dicussion on previous WaleSLab projects.

If you'd like to get in touch with someone about WalesLab, please contact Simon Coates, Creative Associate. 

For more info on the projects we've supported you can see the links on the right hand side. 

You can join the group to be kept up to date about projects as they continue to change and to see notifications of future opportunities.

Members: 472
Latest Activity: Dec 13, 2017

WalesLab information

WalesLab was NTW's initiative for supporting emerging artists and new ideas for performance. This is a group and discussion forum for those artists involved in WalesLab or those interested in learning more about the various projects under development.

WalesLab consisted of:

Summercamp:        

A summer camp for up to twenty theatre makers and artists of varied experience to share ideas, learn form each other and stimulate new collaborations and projects (watch the video below to find out more).

WalesLab projects -

Small groups working for around 1-2 weeks based somewhere in Wales.

Germinate:    Three times a year small groups of artists will be offered the opportunity to spend around two weeks somewhere in Wales developing an idea or project which they have already begun working on, and will share their work with a local audience. There will be three Germinate projects a year, one of which will have an international element.

WalesLab is no longer open for new submissions. Have a look at the 'Your Work' page on the NTW website to find out about how to share your ideas with the company.

Discussion Forum

"Red Dragon and Soil Traveller" got two prizes in Japan!! AND, WANTED!!

Hello! I am Yasuro Ito in Tokyo,Japan. I am a theatre director and writer of…Continue

Tags: producer, wanted, international, musical, japan

Started by Yasuro Ito Oct 26, 2016.

Company Workshop with Award Winning Familia de la Noche Theatre

Award Winning Company Familia de la Noche are running a company workshop at Chapter Arts Centre on Tuesday 24th November, running alongside performances their 5* show The Greatest Liar in all the…Continue

Tags: cardiff, chapter, physical, clowning, workshop

Started by Becca Cox Oct 27, 2015.

Volunteer Opportunities

Volunteer OpportunitiesThis autumn The Abacus on Wood Street welcomes:The Cardiff Christmas Bazaar!In conjunction with Somewhereto_, ProMoCymru, The Modern Alchemists and National Youth Theatre…Continue

Tags: freebies, experience, cardiff, support, creative

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

ONiiiT is back!Back by popular demand, after a successful set of workshops,…Continue

Tags: skills, cardiff, fun, workshop, fundraising

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of WalesLab to add comments!

Comment by Matt Ball on June 15, 2012 at 1:22

A reminder that the deadline for applications for the Pollinate summer camp is midday on Monday. Click on the application form link on the right hand column to .... well apply.

Comment by Matt Ball on June 1, 2012 at 3:38

You can read my blog from in Zoe's Fear of Breathing workshop here.

Comment by Ailsa Richardson on June 1, 2012 at 3:37

hello, I'm quite new to the site, though not to theatre/performance or wales, I've been around a while in those fields!
anyway I thought I would let you laboratory peeps know that I have just posted some information in 'events' about a workshop I'm running called 'perspectives on place' 16th - 21st July at Coed Hills Rural Artspace.
best, Ailsa

Comment by Matt Ball on June 1, 2012 at 3:36

Bethan has bloged about the 2nd week of her WalesLab Asylum project - read it here

Comment by Leanne Rahman on May 28, 2012 at 18:45

Hi Everyone

We're running a workshop in Butetown tomorrow and have a few more spaces free so if you're interested please let me know and I can put your name down. Details below:

Unlocking the Secrets Behind Residencies & Grants led by Ivy Alvarez on Wednesday 30th May 10am – 3pm at The Culture and Media Centre @Loudoun Square, Plas Iona, Butetown, Cardiff, CF10 5HW

Course outline:
Residencies and grants are highly sought-after by artists and creatives, since it enables themto take time out to focus on their art. This workshop helps you to:
  • Get over the fear of the application form
  • Write a memorable project description
  • Line up your referees and write an effective CV
  • Select work for your writing sample
  • Sustain your momentum by planning ahead
With kind regards
Leanne
Comment by Matt Ball on May 27, 2012 at 21:47

Angharad has updates her blog on Walking in the Shadows of Tom Mathias - to give more of an insight into what they got up to in Cilgerran

Comment by Matt Ball on May 25, 2012 at 5:10

If you've been waiting for more information about the WalesLab Pollinate Summercamp you can find it here on my blog

Comment by Matt Ball on May 25, 2012 at 5:08

A good morning spent wit Bethan Marlow and her collaborators testing some of the ideas they've been exploring in their WalesLab project. Here's one of the spaces they were working in:

We were taken around the spaces. Made to change clothes, take tests, follow footsteps in the dark  - and at one point you could have seen Devinda Hula hooping, Donna on a pogo stick, Abdul doing a jigsaw, whilst I ate a cake. You had to be there... I'm sure Bethan will post something more succinct and thoughtful soon.

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on May 24, 2012 at 21:38

Thats great, thanks

Comment by Matt Ball on May 22, 2012 at 5:40

Hi Carmen,

if you look at the variety of work on the projects page I hope you'll agree that there's not a particular type of work or style that we're looking for. It's not one person who decides what projects we support but a panel of 3-4, with at least non-NTW person. 

There's no specifics about target audience, experience of artist, or type of work (including artform) - but the pieces we've chosen have all excited the panels, and made us want to see the idea developed. 

Don't know if that helps?

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service