Information

Writers

An official National Theatre Wales group

Writers who want to be part of National Theatre Wales, share ideas, get feedback from each other, and hear about opportunities

Members: 481
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please Read Our Guidelines To Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read guidelines on our Your Work page

Discussion Forum

Looking for Welsh Playwrights for Scratch Night in London.

Started by CHIPPY LANE PRODUCTIONS LTD. Aug 7, 2016.

Collaborators Needed! 2 Replies

Started by Camille Naylor. Last reply by sean donovan Dec 1, 2015.

Looking for a writer to collaborate on an idea. 2 Replies

Started by Caley Powell. Last reply by Catrin Fflur Huws Mar 3, 2015.

NTW Dramaturgy Project - Beginnings

Started by Richard Hurford Oct 20, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Writers to add comments!

Comment by Adam Somerset on October 3, 2012 at 0:43

Guy,

I like the Untied Kingdom.

Greek played at the Linbury which is one minute's walk from their office. Port Talbot had a film star.

If you are doing this work on behalf on the community in Wales ask a straight question which national critic saw "Llwyth"?  

Comment by Guy O'Donnell on October 3, 2012 at 0:16

Hi I queried the lack of Welsh representation on this years TMA awards and their response is below.

Our panels are made up of national critics in the area of theatre, dance and opera. They cover shows across the Untied Kingdom and although nominations tend to reflect the fact that most major UK theatres are found in England, there is every chance for Welsh, Northern Irish and Scottish companies to figure in the nominations, as well as English companies and productions.

Last year for example, the opera award was won by a relatively small company from Wales- Wales Music Theatre, for Greek, while the best Director award went to Michael Sheen and Bill Mitchell for The Passion- a National Theatre Wales/Wild Works production.

It may well be that Wales will be back in the forefront next year.

Comment by Adam Somerset on October 2, 2012 at 23:54

Tim, watching this space...Any give-away as to how long?

How about a Rotten Tomato board as well?

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on October 2, 2012 at 23:49

Ooohh!

Comment by Tim Price on October 2, 2012 at 23:13

I think a Welsh theatre awards is about to be announced soon. Watch this space...

Comment by Kelsey Richards on October 2, 2012 at 22:59

I like that idea Carmen... why not?

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on October 2, 2012 at 22:57

Can we have our own welsh theatre awards...are there any for solely welsh theatre? have access to a venue - we'd need an official body though - unless we called it the UNOFFICIAL Welsh Theatre Awards ???

Comment by Adam Somerset on October 2, 2012 at 22:35

While not knocking the TMA- a big venue director told me a few years ago its role was invaluable- the process is a little opaque.

"Nominations are made and voted on by industry experts who have been invited to serve as panelists by the Chief Executive of the TMA."

Can Welsh theatre be sure that an unidentified expert actually had sight, just off the top of my head, of Simon Watts' Aneurin in "Llwyth" or Oliver Wood or Steven Meo and Hedydd Dylan in "Taming of the Shrew"?

There's no Carmarthen on the TMA membership list between Cardiff and Chatham. Llion Williams may be a formidable Prospero but he doesn't get a look-in if the company isn't even in the game.

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on October 2, 2012 at 22:17

The Valleys MTV is causing a storm, will be showing a short at the Dirty Protest Event.

I remember a song we used to sing on trips...out of the valley...

We are the Valley girls we wear our hair in curls we wear our dungarees right up to our knees...

Anyone know the rest?

Writers forum social tonight at Sherman Bar 7-8 then Before it Rains.

Comment by Ace McCarron on October 2, 2012 at 19:47

Regarding the TMA awards, let's not forget that places like Sheffield Theatres and Chichester are powerhouses with, by Welsh standards, huge resources and generating many productions. The Crucible is also, arguably Welsh-led. Let's also not forget that Wales did rather well in the the 2011 awards. Music Theatre Wales' production of 'Greek' will surface again at the WMC, prompted to some extent by the winning of this award. I strongly recommend attendance. People wishing to cheer for Welsh success may look to the King's Head's Flourish Award, which was scooped up on Sunday by a team from Cardiff and Tel Aviv.

Members (481)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service