Information

Actors

An official National Theatre Wales group

Actors who want to hear about news and opportunities at National Theatre Wales, and keep in touch with each other.

View the National Theatre Wales Casting Policy here.

Members: 1009
Latest Activity: Mar 28, 2023

Discussion Forum

Casting Call

Started by Caroline Sabin Jun 16, 2021.

CASTING CALL

Started by Stacey Daly Jun 16, 2021.

BoomTown 2019

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 26, 2019.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Actors to add comments!

Comment by jane donoghue on January 1, 2013 at 5:59

The Unknown Theatre Company are performing Our House (directed by James Williams) at Howardian Centre, Hammond Way Cardiff 16th - 19th January.   Tickets £10/£8 concessions from box office www.unknowntheatre.co.uk or 07999705687.  Join the Madness!!!!

Comment by Terry Victor on January 1, 2013 at 4:27

The Carl Chapple experience is to be recommended.

Comment by Carl Chapple on January 1, 2013 at 2:18

Hello,

A few months ago I posted a notice about a series of paintings I was planning - portraits of actors and comedians for exhibitions in 2014. I'm very pleased to update that here with the news that the project is now being supported by the ACW, which means I'm able significantly to expand my plans, and to pay people for sitting.

My studio is in Cadoxton, Barry, and I'm asking people to be prepared to sit for at least four hours (with breaks) - though some pictures may take rather longer than that, depending on individuals' availability and the nature of the painting, etc.

I'm hoping to include as broad a range of people as I can, and to involve sitters as much (or as little) in the process as they like - for example, in terms of discussing poses, clothes, etc.

If you might be interested in sitting, or would like further information, please let me know - email carl@carlchapple.com.

For examples of my work, please see www.carlchapple.com.

Many thanks,

Carl

Comment by Adele Jenkins on December 31, 2012 at 6:02

Looking for some like minded people to set up a Theatre in Education company, must be enthusiastic and committed. Message me for more details and information. 

Comment by Khethiwe Ncube on December 21, 2012 at 12:26

Anything new for actors/dancers?

Comment by Hijinx Theatre on December 10, 2012 at 3:41

We have just confirmed week long workshops in Cardiff with Ockham's Razor for the week of 21st January and John Wright for the week of 4th March 2013. Further details can be found on our NTW group page here or on our own page here - for an application pack please contact ben.pettitt-wade@hijinx.org.uk

Comment by Sam Harding on December 10, 2012 at 0:41

Hey guys, we all know times are hard and it's tough to find some good professional classes in Cardiff so check out Wonderland Dance Studios on:

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/group/wonderland-dance-st...

Opened this year we're going all out for 2013, join the group on here and Facebook to find out more about classes and workshops with West-End professionals.

Comment by GradCo on December 9, 2012 at 9:50
Great days rehearsal with some fab actors! Come and join
them this Thursday at the Taliesin Arts Centre Swansea for some Shakespeare. From Hamlet to Romeo, and Hotspur to Edmund! Hope to see some friendly faces there!

See www.gradco.org for more info.
Comment by National Theatre Wales on December 5, 2012 at 7:02

Hi all.  One of the pieces of feedback we've had over the last few months is that it would be great to have more opportunities for 'mid-career' artists to input into NTW outside of the needs of a particular show or commission.  So for 2013 we've created the 'Artist of the Year' position. It's open to all kinds of creatives - and there's no reason at all why an actor shouldn't apply - though you may need to think about how you could work independently of a production. You can get all the info here  There's no strict definition of 'mid-career' but the idea was to balance the opportunities that are out there for emerging practitioners with something for those who have some experience, but still long for new opportunities.  Over to you!

Comment by Bizzy Day on December 2, 2012 at 0:39

Hi everyone, I'm doing some market research and I've put together a super quick 10 question survey on Survey Monkey about what you like to see at the theatre and would really appreciate it if you could take part. It's very short and takes about 30 seconds of your time. You can find the survey by clicking HERE!

Thanks! x 

Members (1009)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service