Information

WalesLab

WalesLab is no longer receiving submission. This page is an archive and a place for dicussion on previous WaleSLab projects.

If you'd like to get in touch with someone about WalesLab, please contact Simon Coates, Creative Associate. 

For more info on the projects we've supported you can see the links on the right hand side. 

You can join the group to be kept up to date about projects as they continue to change and to see notifications of future opportunities.

Members: 472
Latest Activity: Dec 13, 2017

WalesLab information

WalesLab was NTW's initiative for supporting emerging artists and new ideas for performance. This is a group and discussion forum for those artists involved in WalesLab or those interested in learning more about the various projects under development.

WalesLab consisted of:

Summercamp:        

A summer camp for up to twenty theatre makers and artists of varied experience to share ideas, learn form each other and stimulate new collaborations and projects (watch the video below to find out more).

WalesLab projects -

Small groups working for around 1-2 weeks based somewhere in Wales.

Germinate:    Three times a year small groups of artists will be offered the opportunity to spend around two weeks somewhere in Wales developing an idea or project which they have already begun working on, and will share their work with a local audience. There will be three Germinate projects a year, one of which will have an international element.

WalesLab is no longer open for new submissions. Have a look at the 'Your Work' page on the NTW website to find out about how to share your ideas with the company.

Discussion Forum

"Red Dragon and Soil Traveller" got two prizes in Japan!! AND, WANTED!!

Hello! I am Yasuro Ito in Tokyo,Japan. I am a theatre director and writer of…Continue

Tags: producer, wanted, international, musical, japan

Started by Yasuro Ito Oct 26, 2016.

Company Workshop with Award Winning Familia de la Noche Theatre

Award Winning Company Familia de la Noche are running a company workshop at Chapter Arts Centre on Tuesday 24th November, running alongside performances their 5* show The Greatest Liar in all the…Continue

Tags: cardiff, chapter, physical, clowning, workshop

Started by Becca Cox Oct 27, 2015.

Volunteer Opportunities

Volunteer OpportunitiesThis autumn The Abacus on Wood Street welcomes:The Cardiff Christmas Bazaar!In conjunction with Somewhereto_, ProMoCymru, The Modern Alchemists and National Youth Theatre…Continue

Tags: freebies, experience, cardiff, support, creative

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

ONiiiT is back!Back by popular demand, after a successful set of workshops,…Continue

Tags: skills, cardiff, fun, workshop, fundraising

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of WalesLab to add comments!

Comment by Matt Ball on June 10, 2013 at 11:30

We've just finished day one of this year's summercamp and headed off for dinner: Cheers

Comment by Simon Coates on May 21, 2013 at 5:40

We've just added more information to our website about the DIY Festival taking place on Anglesey between the 14th and 16th June. Have a look here.

There's also a link to register.

Comment by Simon Coates on May 16, 2013 at 5:49

Hi Everyone,

Ive just written a blog on the DIY Festival. Still loads of information to come but in the meantime you can have a look here

We really want to hear from you about what how you think it could develop. Do get in touch with ideas and thoughts.

Comment by Simon Coates on May 13, 2013 at 5:29

Hi Franklyn

That's a really interesting question. We've actually had some chats in the office about this sort of advice/resource being available through WalesLab pages on the website. I wonder if that would be helpful or whether you are talking more about 1-2-1 coaching or training? Could you expand?

Would be great to hear more from anyone who is interested or has ideas about what might be useful to them/others on this.

Comment by Franklyn Jacks on May 13, 2013 at 4:40

Hiya folks

Hope you're all well and still inspiring one another. I am putting this out to everyone as i need some advice, i'm going to be tight lipped for now but i am creating a new theatre company and i would like to know from you guys what are the best initial steps forward. I have to be honest the idea of setting up a business terrifies me as i am an Actor with a Drama degree, not a businessman.

So please one and all could you offer me some advice and encouragement on what are the best steps forward. I've got a couple of pieces in the pipeline so there is material there. I just need some wisdom and encouragement, thank you.

Comment by Matt Ball on May 10, 2013 at 5:27

If you're thinking of applying for the WalesLab summercamp, the deadline is midday on monday. See my blog on why you should stop thinking and start applying

Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on May 10, 2013 at 3:07

Hi Everyone

Just putting up a link for Volcano's 'Yr Odyn' Programme.  Applications are now open with deadline of 1st July.  I've just finished the scheme and can heartily recommend it!  http://www.volcanotheatre.co.uk/537/news/yr-odyn.html#/image.php?id...

There's also a blog about it on Volcano's blogspot here http://volcano229.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment by Simon Coates on May 2, 2013 at 5:29

Thanks Louise

Ive heard a lot about the project already. Will have a nosey through your blog soon!

Comment by Louise Osborn on May 2, 2013 at 5:16

Congratulations on your appointment Simon.  Certainly myself, Wella and Laila would love to discuss how we might develop our Wales Lab initiative OUR MOTHERS WERE SISTERS for performance in Butetown and beyond.  (see blog)

Comment by Simon Coates on May 2, 2013 at 3:39

Hi Everyone,

Im Simon and I'm the new Creative Associate for WalesLab. I'll be working alongside Matt for the next couple of months during the run up to the company's residency on Anglesey. After that I'll be focusing on how we develop WalesLab over the next two years. I'm particularly interested in looking at what continued support we can offer to groups after their initial involvement in WalesLab.

Im sure you will have ideas about what that might be, whether you have been involved in WalesLab yet or not. I'd really like to hear your thoughts about this or any other area of development you think I should be looking at.

In the meantime, Summercamp 2013 is open for applications...

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service