Information

Actors

An official National Theatre Wales group

Actors who want to hear about news and opportunities at National Theatre Wales, and keep in touch with each other.

View the National Theatre Wales Casting Policy here.

Members: 1009
Latest Activity: Mar 28, 2023

Discussion Forum

Casting Call

Started by Caroline Sabin Jun 16, 2021.

CASTING CALL

Started by Stacey Daly Jun 16, 2021.

BoomTown 2019

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 26, 2019.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Actors to add comments!

Comment by Simon Coates on July 31, 2013 at 4:41

Hi all,

I'm really pleased to be able to tell you that WalesLab is now taking new submissions. (I'm really excited about this)

If you haven't applied before then there is also information for you about how to get involved, the first step is to join the WalesLab group, so if you haven't yet, now is your chance. 

The other development (which I am really pleased about) is that we can now take submissions ALL YEAR ROUND. Join the WaleLab group to find out more information or give me a shout on here if you have any questions.

Comment by Greg Cullen on July 28, 2013 at 9:35

Shock n Awe Performance Co

Present

Fallen

Written and Directed by Greg Cullen

Choreographed by Jem Treays

Music by Jak Poore

Visuals by John Collingswood of Taikabox

Cast: Jams Thomas, Joanna Simpkins, Francois Pandolfo, Ceri Lloyd and Gerald Tyler.

One Friday night an exotic, beautiful man falls from the sky, washing up in the river by a seemingly cursed Welsh farm.  So begins this darkly comic new play from the multi award-winning writer of “Muscle”. When the degenerate farmer and his three adult children discover the corpse the web of guilt and history, which has bound them together, begins to unravel. As they each fall in love with this angelic stranger they wonder where he could have fallen from and why a sinister man in a green Barbour coat is so desperate to find him?

Chapter Arts Centre, Market rd, Canton, Cardiff CF5 1QE

Heol y farchnad, Treganna, Caerdydd CF5 1QE

Box Office/Swyddfa: +44(0)29 2030 4400

Dates Wednesday July 31st to Saturday Aug 3rd 8pm 

Matinee Friday 2nd 2.30pm

Tickets £8/£10/£12

Please be advised that this show contains some strong language and sexual content

www.shocknawe.org.uk                www.chapter.org

Comment by Nigel Streeter (Stanley Streets) on July 27, 2013 at 13:26

Not in a position to put myself forward for this but sound like really good fun and wish you all the best....Nigel

Comment by Rogue'z Theatre Company on July 24, 2013 at 14:13

AUDITIONS

ROGUE THEATRE COMPANY PRESENTS
ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST
1-5th October 2013 - Main Stage Chapter Arts Centre
Cardiff based rehearsals (non-paid production)

We are looking to cast the following characters -

Chief Bromden - Requires an actor that’s at least 6 foot tall, with a powerful physical presence.
A patient, who suffers from delusions, and has been subjected to much shock therapy during his ten year stay in the ward. He's a withdrawn character, who pretends to be deaf and dumb to escape the attention of Nurse Ratched, but is brought back to life with the arrival of McMurphy. Unlike the film, Chief Bromden is the central character of the play, linking the scenes together with a number of monologues, and we see the events that take place through his eyes. Lines 117

Dale Harding - A much more important character in the play, than in the film. He carries many of the scenes. The most 'normal' patient on the ward, intellectual and effete, he's the natural leader of the ward until McMurphy arrives. He's a voluntary patient and it’s implied that he’s hiding in the hospital from his overbearing wife, and his own feelings of sexual inadequacy. Lines 248

For more information please contact
roguetheatre@hotmail.co.uk

Comment by Bethan Marlow on July 23, 2013 at 22:58

Sorry not be clear in the last post but the Queer Christmas actors will be paid at equity rates. Bethan.x

Comment by Bethan Marlow on July 23, 2013 at 21:03
'A Queer Christmas' casting call.
Mess Up The Mess Theatre Company are casting for their next production, 'A
Queer Christmas'. Bethan Marlow will be both the writer and Creative
Director of this alternative Christmas show. Actors will also be directed by
Darren Lawrence (The Passion, A Village Social).

We are looking for an actor/actress of any age and ethnicity to play a
leading role in this interactive promenade theatre show. An ability to sing
and improvise is essential. 

Actors must be based (or have a base) within commuting distance to Swansea.

It is important to note that this is a professional community production and
it is therefore essential that the actor is willing to work closely within
and with the LGBT community of Swansea. 

Dates- Nov 18th-Dec 8th

Please email info@messupthemess.co.uk with cover letter and cvs.

Here's a bit about the show-

A Queer Christmas

By Bethan Marlow

"I knew I was gay when I sat on my dummy!".

Christmas is a time of dressing up, finding love and celebrating life. It's
a time to sing, dance, get drunk and be naughty. But it if you don't fit in,
it can be very lonely.

Come join us for a theatrical journey on the high street of Swansea- into
locations you know very well and others you've never entered.

This site-specific production will raise awareness, highlight and celebrate
queer life over the last decades in an entertaining, immersive and inspiring
production.

Suitable for 14+
Comment by Rogue'z Theatre Company on July 22, 2013 at 14:26

AUDITIONS

ROGUE THEATRE COMPANY PRESENTS
ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST
1-5th October 2013 - Main Stage Chapter Arts Centre
Cardiff based rehearsals (non-paid production)

We are looking to cast the following characters -

Chief Bromden - Requires an actor that’s at least 6 foot tall, with a powerful physical presence.
A patient, who suffers from delusions, and has been subjected to much shock therapy during his ten year stay in the ward. He's a withdrawn character, who pretends to be deaf and dumb to escape the attention of Nurse Ratched, but is brought back to life with the arrival of McMurphy. Unlike the film, Chief Bromden is the central character of the play, linking the scenes together with a number of monologues, and we see the events that take place through his eyes. Lines 117

Dale Harding - A much more important character in the play, than in the film. He carries many of the scenes. The most 'normal' patient on the ward, intellectual and effete, he's the natural leader of the ward until McMurphy arrives. He's a voluntary patient and it’s implied that he’s hiding in the hospital from his overbearing wife, and his own feelings of sexual inadequacy. Lines 248

For more information please contact
roguetheatre@hotmail.co.uk

Comment by Bethan Mair Jones on July 20, 2013 at 23:42

** Auditions for a male actor aged 18-35 ** 

I am auditioning for a male actor for my MA Drama final performance. The play is a comedy called 'Queue' which I am writing.

I will be holding auditions Tuesday July 30th at 2pm in the Atrium building, Cardiff. If you are aged between 18-35 and are interested in auditioning get in touch. You will need to prepare a 2 minute comedy performance. This is not paid.

Thanks Bethan  

Comment by Paul Jenkins on July 20, 2013 at 0:12

GROTOWSKI WORKSHOP at Sherman Cymru on 3rd August:

This is a one day workshop for actors, dancers, directors and choreographers exploring ‘fixed and flowing’ performance techniques as practiced by multi award-winning Bulgarian Theatre Company ‘Alma Alter’ who make experimental work influenced by the Poor Theatre philosophy of Jerzy Grotowski.

The workshop will explore physical theatre, choreography and chorus (the fixed) and how they can combine with improvisation, audience interaction and the performer’s impulse (the flowing).

The workshop will be from 10am – 5pm and is free. This is hopefully the first step towards establishing a new company working with these principles. If you could send an email briefly explaining your interest and experience that would be fab.

Paul Jenkins

pauljenx@me.com

more info at www.almaalter.com

Comment by Joshua williams on July 18, 2013 at 2:36

Anyone need help putting/creating a showreel together check out: http://www.jhwills.com/#!services/cu0t

Professional and affordable! 

Members (1009)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service