Information

Digital Producers

A group for those interested in taking part in the Digital Producer Labs programme, which will be run by Watershed and National Theatre Wales in November 2013.

Also a space for Digital Producers/ Technologists/ People interested in Arts and Digital to meet one another, and talk about what we do.

Members: 29
Latest Activity: Jan 29, 2016

Digital Producers Lab, Wales

I'm absolutely delighted to be announcing the cohort of Digital Producers, who will join Watershed and National Theatre Wales in a new programme that fosters digital talent, and aims to catalyse development of creative technology projects in Wales.

Supported by Arts Council Wales, Watershed’s Digital Producers Lab is the first programme of its kind to take place in the country. It aims to train a brilliant cohort of Digital Producers, who will go on to support each other, create new business opportunities and enable audiences to enjoy extraordinary new cultural experiences.

We’re delighted to announce that the twelve participants are:

• Alison John, Co-founder of yello brick creative marketing agency and Cardiff’s annual PlayARK games festival.
  • Tom Rack, Creative Director of NoFit State Circus and recent recipient of a prestigious Creative Wales Award.
  • Matt Ball, Freelance theatre maker and until recently, Creative Associate at National Theatre Wales (where he set up WalesLab) prior to joining NTW, Matt was Artistic Director of Camden People's Theatre.
  • David Massey, Digital Manager at Welsh National Opera.    
  • Craig Morrison, Artist and curator of blinc digital festival in Conwy.
  • Ruth Lloyd, New to Wales and setting up as a freelance producer, building of ten years of experience gained at London’s Victoria and Albert Museum.
  • Lisa Heledd Jones, Director of Storyworks, a fledgling company that presents personal stories creatively, innovatively and appropriately, through short film, digital stories, performance and installation.
  • Anne Siegel, Independent filmmaker, events producer and Education & Creative Technology Manager at Ffotogallery in Cardiff.               
  • Laura Cotton, Development editor for Touchpaper Television and producer of Codi Pais, a comedy-drama series for S4C, to broadcast in early 2015.
  • Sarah Jane Leigh, Freelance Arts Producer and Promoter, currently working on good cop bad cop and Chapter Arts Centre's Dylan Thomas 100 project, Teifi Emerald and Acts of Beauty's production WiLD, Buddug James Jones’ production Hiraeth and Youth of Creative Arts’ Project Fio.
  • Michael Cousin, Founder and producer of Outcasting and co-founder of Outcasting: Fourth Wall (O:4W), Wales’ first artists’ moving image festival.
  • Catryn Ramasut, Founder of ie ie productions, a Cardiff-based production company set up with partner Gruff Rhys in 2006. Prior work included roles within radio, television, print and advertising for BBC Radio 1, Marmalade Magazine and M&C Saatchi.

For more information on the programme, please head over to Watershed's page. The Digital Producers Lab runs between September and November 2013, we will be blogging the process here in this Digital Producers group.

More soon-

Katherine

Discussion Forum

Day One

Just thought I’d add a quick synopsis of the first day of the Digital Producers Lab. Please feel free to comment, add links, disagree etc. To introduce myself - I’m a Producer at…Continue

Tags: digital, producing, development, digiproducers

Started by Victoria Tillotson Sep 20, 2013.

What do you mean by digital producing? 1 Reply

As the programme set up by Watershed/ACW/NTW is named as for digital producers, I'm wondering what you mean by that? In the experiences that I've had, I've been responsible for both the multiplatform…Continue

Tags: production, digital, terminology

Started by Tom Beardshaw. Last reply by Katherine Jewkes Jun 10, 2013.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Digital Producers to add comments!

Comment by Laura Cotton on November 1, 2013 at 1:48

Hi there! Very excited about the lab next week. Here's my introduction...

I'm Laura Cotton and I work for Touchpaper Television as a producer and development editor. In the last few years I've worked on shows such as 'Being Human' and 'Switch'. As well as script editing the television episodes, I was also heavily involved in the editorial side of the digital platforms. Being Human had a strong and active online community associated with its blog and I produced the additional original content for that. For 'Switch' we launched an App, which not only allowed viewers to enjoy additional content but also provided a more immersive experience for the audience. 

In television production when people talk about the 'digital content', it's often regarding the ancillary content associated with the show on a digital platform. I'm interested in how we can further integrate the narrative on these separate platforms to provide a more satisfying experience for the audience. I'm also keen to explore how we can tell stories in new ways using digital technology. 

Most of all, I'm excited about having fun with a dynamic and diverse group of people. See you all next week!

Comment by Ruth Lloyd on October 2, 2013 at 0:21

Hello! I’m Ruth Lloyd and I’m delighted to be part of the Digital Producers programme. I’ve recently returned to Wales after living and working in London for nearly seventeen years, where I set up and managed the Residency Programme at the Victoria and Albert Museum and managed a cultural programme for the Exhibition Road Cultural Group. My background is in audience development, interpretation and multidisciplinary live events, and I am especially interested in how audiences actively participate, engage and inform culture, science and the arts.

I’m now setting up as an independent producer and interpretation developer in Wales and I want to ensure that digital media is embedded in the projects I produce to ensure initiatives are innovative, cutting edge and accessible to a wide public. I hope that the Digital Producers programme will open my eyes wide to the possibilities and opportunities in using digital disciplines in fun and engaging ways in the projects I am beginning to develop, and introduce to me to a creative community in Wales with whom I can do brilliant things.  We’ve met once so far, and MY! That group is buzzing with energy and creativity – I can’t wait to start our week at Watershed in Bristol in November. It’s going to be amazing!

Comment by Sarah Jane Leigh on September 23, 2013 at 22:57

Following on from Matt, here is my blog post from the first Digital Producers Lab meet up: click me!

Comment by Matt Ball on September 23, 2013 at 0:04

Hi,

I'm Matt and I'm one of the participants in the Digital Producers Lab.

If you want to know why I'm taking part in the Lab I've written a little blog post here

Comment by Alison John on September 19, 2013 at 0:23

Hi everybody, I just wanted to say a quick hello and introduce myself as one of the Digital Producers. We all met yesterday for the first time and shared case studies and projects. The week in November promises to be very exciting indeed and I will be sharing as much of the experience and learnings on this page along with the rest of the group.

Here's a little bit about me:

I am producer at yello brick a creative marketing agency that creates immersive experiences through digital platforms and live events. We have worked with such clients as Design Commission for Wales, Welsh Language Commission and Sustrans. Our latest project was an interactive online experience called I AM TUDOR for Welsh National Opera I am also co-producer of playARK Festival, an annual event in Cardiff that explores story, games and playful experiences in theory and practice and director of thinkARK a group who create socially motivated projects.

Over the last few years I have co-created and produced various events that include everwake and Reverie; both multiplatform street games, eyespy and Jokul Frosti. Last year I responsible for launching Google's Getting British Business Online campaign in Wales.
I have background in theatre and trained at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama. After a period of working in theatre I moved into event management and worked with a variety of companies including Limegreen Events and SC Productions.
I like tea, dislike cotton wool and I really want to build my own robot called Kenny. 
Comment by Kathryn Lambert on September 12, 2013 at 23:53

Great, I hope you can make it too! Please can you help us to spread the word by sharing it with your contacts too?

Comment by Katherine Jewkes on September 12, 2013 at 23:51

This looks great, Kathryn, thanks for sharing!

Comment by Kathryn Lambert on September 12, 2013 at 23:50

Hello all,

As the leading names in digital production for Wales, please can I draw your attention to bloc's forthcoming Machynlleth Mini Maker Faire http://makerfairemachynlleth.com/Machynlleth%20Mini%20Maker%20Faire%202013.pdf

It will be at the Centre for Alternative Technology on Sat 28th Sept from 10am - 4pm.  It would be great to see you all there and could provide a fantastic talking shop/networking event.  You can buy your advance tickets for less at https://makerfairemachynlleth.eventbrite.com/

Comment by Katherine Jewkes on September 3, 2013 at 4:21

Hi All, I'm just reposting this from Laura Drane as it might be of interest to some of you:

Last year, Lucid hosted a couple of events for producers in order to exchange ideas and share experiences. Change is always a part of theatre and the role of producer is very much contributing to some major shifts in how things are happening at the moment. But many people who are producers don’t have that title. And many people who call themselves producers find that their experience and skill-set limits their ability to perform all aspects of the role. And what is a producer anyway? Isn’t it just another name for an administrator?  Or is a producer someone who instigates a creative project and makes it happen?

Are you a producer? Do you want to get in a room with other producers and talk about what you are doing? Look for support and help perhaps? Or maybe share your wisdom?

After a conversation with freelance producer Laura Drane and John Williams at Theatr Iolo, we thought it was a good time to revisit this conversation and take it further. So if you think of yourself as a producer and would like to come along to this event, please join us at Chapter on Tuesday 24th September from 7pm until about 9.30pm in Media Point.

Reserve your place: https://producersplace.eventbrite.co.uk/

Co-hosted by Simon Harris/ Lucid Theatre, Laura Drane/ indpendent producer and John Carey Williams/ Theatr Iolo.

Comment by Richard Huw Morgan on July 5, 2013 at 9:47

Thanks very much for sorting this date change Katherine. Application will be with you over the weekend...daughter allowing!

Members (28)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service