Hello! If you're new to this social network site, please introduce yourself to our community.

Who are you? Why are you here? What do you do? How are you already involved in theatre - as a fan/participant/performer/artist? What do you want from National Theatre Wales? How do you want to become more involved with us and what we do?

PLEASE - Be honest and don't feel that you have to impress anyone.

As for me, I'm Catherine and I'm a Creative Associate with National Theatre Wales. I am Cardiff born and Cardiff bred... and very proud of it. I am a theatre director and have directed plays and lead projects with professional performers, new writers and young artists in lots of exciting places.

I want National Theatre Wales to put Welsh talent in Welsh productions on an international stage, speaking with and for Welsh artists and Welsh audiences. This social network will be the first place for this to happen as it is a space where National Theatre Wales can have an open dialogue with its core members - you, our community.

I hope you will use this social network to influence our work, to tell us how you want to get involved, what work we should be making, where you want us to go, where we are doing well and where we can do better.

Together we can build a community of people who talk to each other to make National Theatre Wales the best it can be - a truly National Theatre owned by the community it works with and for.

Views: 1676

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello I'm Brent
I am a theatre creator. I recently finished a Ba Hons in Performing Arts and Theatre Studies at Swansea Met Uni.I am looking to make contacts to create performances. I am interested in Performance art/ Live art, Physical theatre, Interactive theatre and Experimental theatre. I love all sorts and have a hunger to produce projects. I am currently living in Bristol but am looking into moving back to either Swansea or Cardiff as my work is mainly based in South Wales.
I don't feel I have listed every thing I do or want to do on here so I suppose the best explanation is... I am Brent and I am currently experimenting with Theatre.
Hope to talk to you or meet some of you soon. Brent
Hi All, I was at the last Sandpit and saw many familiar faces and met many new people! I'm Latin American and I grew up in Miami. I've recently moved to Cardiff and am really excited about the positive vibe of this city.
I'm a multi-media artist and interested in meeting other creatives. www.carolisides.com
I've made the video backgrounds for The City opening up at the Sherman Cymru tomorrow. It would be helpful to get some feedback?

It would be great to add artwork and/or collaborate with the NTW.
Hi

My name is Aled, I have started a new website http://www.wow-me.co.uk/ which will be the most comprehensive what's on guide for the arts in Wales. I have lived in rural Wales for 95% of my life and have often found that there is plenty out there that is missed by many. It has always annoyed me that there is an abundance of events and not enough advertising. I think we have all been in the position when we hear that somebody saw a great play, heard a fantastic band or saw the funniest comedian last week.

Fourteen years ago I found myself out of work in West Wales and decided to start a What's on magazine because there didn't seem to be enough information about events. It work for a short time but circumstances meant that I had to let it go.

Four years ago I found myself in Mid Wales with a young family and a severe lack of information about what's going on. That's when I decided to do this. I hope it can be a great tool for the audience and promoters.

If you have any ideas about the site please let me know. It's new and needs nurturing.

Aled
Hi all. I'm the other Gareth at Sherman Cymru. I've been the Deputy Chief LX (Sound) here for about the last 18 months. Prior to that, I was at Brecon's Theatr Brycheiniog. My most recent project has been the Sound Design/Composition for the 3 plays of the Directors Project at Sherman Cymru. I look forward to working with you guys on any future collaborations.

G
Hello, I'm Laura and I'm a set and costume designer who moved from Dublin to Cardiff about 18 months ago. I have also just finished work on Directors Week in Sherman Cymru. If anyone is interested in having a look at some of my work, my website is www.laurahowe.net - it's not very up to date at the moment but I'm going to be updating it soon.
I am interested in sustainability issues in set design, how sets can be constructed in a more envionmentally friendly way, as well as reused and recycled, and the same with props and furniture. I would like to see NTW taking these issues into consideration in future productions.

Laura
Hello - I’m an actress based in South Wales. I graduated from the University of Wales with a BA in Theatre Studies and an MA in Shakespeare. As well as classical theatre, my performance passions include physical theatre and experimental works and I love the interaction between actors and the audience. I think the NTW community is fantastic for theatre in Wales!
Hi All
My name is Clare-anna Turner. I'm an actress and have recently graduated from the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. I moved back to Swansea (for the first time in 9 years) to earn some cash before moving back to London but plans are shifting a little and i'm considering staying in WAles and making my career work here... Any help MORE than welcome! Having been away from Wales for so long, i need to re build my network... so here i am! This website is my new favourite thing! xx
Hi, my name's Kevin. I work for the Civil Service but that's just a cover, I'm really a writer/director/bad actor trapped in an office-worker's body. I've worked with theatre groups in Swansea, ActSwansea & Act Write, and have recently started working with the Port Talbot Players, which is nice as it's my home town.

I want to be a full-time writer, no matter the medium, because I also love cinema, TV & books, but I have a passion for theatre. And if there's something the Welsh know, it's passion!

Nothing comes close to drawing you into a story like a live human being just feet from you, acting his/her socks off and making a connection with you. A joining of reality and fiction I've never found surpassed elsewhere. Can you tell that I like theatre yet?

Anyway, as others have said, there's a lot of talent in Wales (a lot just on this site!) and I hope we can help the Nat Theatre Wales become an outlet for that talent. I've met John McGrath, Catherine & Mathilde, and they certainly fill me with optimism for the future!

If I can help anyone, or if you just fancy a chat, gimme a shout.
(Or beam an image of a large bat into the night sky, I'm flexible)

Kevin
Hello everyone, I'm Hannah, I've recently moved to Cardiff after finishing a Drama and English degree in Bristol. I've done acting in the past but at the moment I have found I love writing, directing and generally enjoying theatre. At university one of my projects was to get teenagers from the local community into seeing live theatre by producing free performances, I loved watching young people's reactions to the shows especially when many admitted they would never have gone to the theatre if the opportunity was never presented. Better yet many of them asked how they themselves could get involved. I would like to keep doing more of this work and until I find a job within a theatre company I would like to participate in NTW by possibly writing and helping with production in any way possible. I am very excited by the arts community in Wales and can't wait for NTW's 2010 programme.
Hi everyone, just found this website by chance actually which is a big plus. My name is Edward Llewelyn I am a English & Welsh speaking Actor currently in the sunny climbs of Burry Port South West Wales. I began acting when I was quite young in fact my mother told me the other day that when I used to go to Chapel I was always eager to get up and read the hymns even if I wasn't meant to be doing it. I studied in College for 2 years in Cardiff where I experienced a lot of theatre from the RSC, Theatre Clwyd and Theatre at the Sherman (real eye opener for someone from Cardigan) I then graduated from Aberystwyth University in 2004 with a degree in Drama. I then spent 3 years in London trying to so called 'make it' However, at the time I didn't know enough about the business and so gradually began to see the marketing and business side of Acting. Having spent 3 years in London I decided that the Welsh hills were calling me home, I decided to return and try and use everything to my advantage to progress and challenge myself. I acquired an agent and this hear have been part of 2 Theatre tours the first around Wales & the 2nd around the whole of the UK taking part in a musical pantomime called 'The Kosmic Krew' with M&M Productions. I'd love to get involved with more plays and people with The National Theatre Wales website, should opportunities arise.

Hope I haven't bored you with my details
Ed Llewelyn
Hello! I'm Rhiannon and I am a very big supporter of live art.

I was a member of the Sherman Youth Theatre throughout the 90's - it was my second home! I also studied a BTEC and then a BA in the Performing Arts (Glan Hafren then onto Salford Uni) and emerged from my degree in 2005 doing stand up comedy. I did a helluva lotta gigs throughout the whole of 2005 but it started fading in 2006 so I put it on the backburner and travelled Oz and NZ. I'm now back and after living in many different places, I've realised home IS where the heart is and after trying different jobs in different sectors, theatre is definitely the career for me! I have had the chance to work in many great theatres, all as a box office assistant and usher including Shakespeare's Globe, Edinburgh Fringe Festival, the Roundhouse in Camden... and many more!
So I am temporarily back at the Sherman covering someone's 2 month holiday and I am really excited by what National Theatre of Wales is planning and really want to become a part of it! I love to perform but I know for a fact that I'm not a great actor but I love being involved with all things creative so thats why I think a job in theatre in admin or front of house would suit me better :-)
Hi,
I was brought up in Mid Wales and moved to Aberystwyth for university, once finishing my BA and MA I moved to Cardiff to give city life a go. I’m excited about the artistic prospects Cardiff has to offer and am looking for the chance of work experience either as a curator or education officer in an art gallery, or volunteering work with the community using drama as an educational or therapeutic tool. As I am new to this city I have no contacts, however the lovely Dr. Page introduced me to this theatre community, so here I am!
If anyone has any suggestions as to some initial steps into this sort of experience please let me know. =)

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service