Information

Actors

An official National Theatre Wales group

Actors who want to hear about news and opportunities at National Theatre Wales, and keep in touch with each other.

View the National Theatre Wales Casting Policy here.

Members: 1009
Latest Activity: Mar 28, 2023

Discussion Forum

Casting Call

Started by Caroline Sabin Jun 16, 2021.

CASTING CALL

Started by Stacey Daly Jun 16, 2021.

BoomTown 2019

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 26, 2019.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Actors to add comments!

Comment by Linda Bailey on January 16, 2014 at 23:46

They say there is no such thing as a Free Lunch.  However, there is such a thing as a FREE BOOK but only from TODAY until 20th JAN 2014.  So come on you BOOK READERS, ORDER NOW whilst its FREE, Recommended.

WARNING:  Due to the gripping effect of this book, you may lose Work, Rest & Play time !!  My cousin's first Book, and now she's writing a Screen Play, so ENJOY.    http://www.amazon.com/Visually-Disturbed-Fergus-Browne-V-M-ebook/dp...

Comment by Gareth Tempest on January 7, 2014 at 2:19

Dear Actors. I'm just trying to raise awareness for an initiative created by myself and a fellow actor which is designed to promote Shakespeare to children in Wales. Together we've created a set of workshops for schools designed to make the works of William Shakespeare fun and accessible for children.

Our company is called 'Bard Busters' and  the simple aim of our workshops is to help students to feel comfortable and confident with Shakespearean text, so they can pick up a Shakespeare play and not want to immediately put it back down! What's more they feel that they can discuss the stories; the language should be the key rather than a barrier to understanding the plot. We use the tools, knowledge and skills acquired during training to help students not only understand Shakespeare but to enjoy it!

As I say we're just trying to raise awareness about what we're trying to do, and any help that anyone can offer is greatly appreciated. If anyone wants to find out more please feel free to contact us at bardbusters1@gmail.com or if you know of any schools who maybe interested in having us come along we'd love to have their details.

Thanks for reading guys and hope you all have a great 2014! Please feel free to join the Bard Busters page on the NTW website for frequent news and updates

Comment by Rowena Louise Bernice Scurlock on January 5, 2014 at 7:43
Hi actors desperately needed for Leftfield theatre fundraiser. To be performing on the 19 February, script in hand at the Gwdihw cafe bar in Cardiff. Email leftfieldtheatrecompany@gmail.com
Comment by Iain Gibbons on December 30, 2013 at 2:27

In July I was awarded funding by the Arts Council of Wales to study for a year at Ecole Philippe Gaulier in Paris.  Now I have completed a term, I thought I should shamelessly plug my blog which summarises my escapades during my studies.  It may be of interest to anyone curious about the school or wants to hear of one project the Arts Council have assisted with.  Cheers.  http://iaingibbons.wordpress.com/

Comment by Sophie Herrmann on December 16, 2013 at 21:31

Oliver! is an amateur production this week at the RWCMD in the wonderful Richard Burton Theatre. Everyone working on the production is volunteering their skills to support the incredibly talented adult and child cast in the well- loved family favourite that is Oliver so I am incredibly sorry that we cannot offer payment of any kind but complimentary tickets may be available. If you could spare a few hours then we would be incredibly grateful! Our bassoon, oboe and double bass players have all unfortunately had to drop out of this production at the last minute. We have chaperones if under 18s wish to play. 

We have a tech and dress rehearsal today in the Richard Burton Theatre and then the shows run Weds- Friday starting at 7pm. If anyone is available and willing to play then please contact Tom (Musical Director) on 07557954855. 

Thank you x

Comment by Greg Cullen on December 16, 2013 at 16:49

"Beauty and the Beasts" opened at Chapter to a fantastic response! Its not everyday that actors get applauded when they walk into the bar for an after show drink. Bad news is...It's only on for another two nights! Honestly, the actors are hilarious and brilliant. Its the antidote to pap Christmas shows and features all of your favourite/most despicable personalities from 2013 in a ripping yarn of surreal, absurd and satirical hilarity. It may well be the best Christmas present that you've  EVER bought yourself (and lets face it, they're normally the best). So, so, so, much better than a Jamie Oliver olive stuffer and those weird ornaments people buy you for your house because they like them. We have cried laughing making the show, tonight the audience did. What more could we ask for? Don't miss it. Chapter Arts Centre, 02920 304400 Tues and Wed @ 8pm.

Comment by Franklyn Jacks on December 12, 2013 at 6:24

Hello one and all

I hope you're all well. Over the festive season i'm looking to get my creative juices flowing so if there are any budding scriptwriters out there who have written a script and are looking for readers then by all means send them along to me, I'll read ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. Being an Actor i'd just like to re-visit that feeling of reading a story from scratch and trying to find the character's voice within me.

Please email them to me on here or to franklynjacks@yahoo.co.uk I mean it literally ANYTHING.

Have a lovely Christmas and New Year

Franklyn Jacks

Comment by Nigel Streeter (Stanley Streets) on December 12, 2013 at 1:19

No prob

Comment by Gemma louise Martin on December 12, 2013 at 1:12

Thanks Nigel. I appreciate your time to reply. 

Comment by Nigel Streeter (Stanley Streets) on December 12, 2013 at 1:08

Hello Gemma,

I did an imporov course earlier this year at 'The Workshop' in Trade Street. Look for them on internet, contact will probably be Peter the owner. I think I was a bit of guinea pig for a one off, but I presume they might be running them again if there is any demand.

Members (1009)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service