Information

Creatives

An official National Theatre Wales group

Directors, designers, choreographers, composers, production people... A group for everyone who is interested in Creative Production at National Theatre Wales.

Members: 662
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please read National Theatre Wales Guidelines for Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read the document below: National Theatre Wales Guidelines for Artists.

Guidelines for Artists

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Creatives to add comments!

Comment by Catherine Capelin on February 9, 2014 at 22:25

Hello all!

Theatr Ffynnon are currently looking for new drama facilitators to run workshops with their members.

Theatr Ffynnon is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with people with learning difficulties. 

If you would like to know more or to send your CV then please contact  projects@theatrffynnon.co.uk.

Comment by Simon Coates on February 7, 2014 at 4:54

Hi Everybody, there is a new network for producers in Wales. You can keep an eye on what's happening via the producers group. Have a look at my blog for more info.

Comment by Sophie Herrmann on February 6, 2014 at 4:09

We are doing a performance in March as part of our National Theatre connections involvement and we will be projecting images onto the performers bodies and items of set. If anyone has any advice, experience or could loan us handheld projectors for the week it would be greatly appreciated? We can offer comp tickets and advertising in exchange x

Comment by Caley Powell on February 4, 2014 at 2:52

Hi,

I am a freelance casting director originally from Merthyr Tydfil but currently in working and living in London. I am looking to connect with Welsh theatre companies, producers, writers, directors and actors so I can come back and work back home as I currently come back just for a holiday to see my family and friends.

In London I am part of a group called The League Of Professional Theatre Women, it was originally created in America but last year a branch was set up in London. The aim of the league is to be a body that seeks to promote visibility and increase opportunities for women in the Professional Theatre.
The group unites all female professionals of the theatrical industry in the UK, to share ideas, news, promote events and support each other's work! We also want to fight for gender parity in the industry and are looking at campaigning for ways to change the industry to create more opportunites for women.

We are on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/484847981569852/ and Twitter @LofPTW and have meetings in London but I want to bring the League to Wales, primarily Cardiff first, so am looking for help from any woman who can book us a venue to arrange the first meet up for the end of the month.

Thanks and best wishes,

Caley Powell

@CaleyPCasting  

Comment by Rogue'z Theatre Company on February 2, 2014 at 13:43

Comment by Linda Bailey on January 16, 2014 at 23:41

Hi there Creatives,  they say there is no such thing as a Free Lunch, however, there is such a thing as a FREE BOOK, but only from Today till 20th Jan 2014. So come on you Book Readers, ORDER NOW whilst its FREE, Recommeded.

WARNING: Due to the gripping effect of this book, you may miss Work, Rest & Play !!   (My cousin's first Novel)  Enjoy  :)  http://www.amazon.com/Visually-Disturbed-Fergus-Browne-V-M-ebook/dp...

Comment by Jules Howarth on January 16, 2014 at 8:32

For the Love Of It 2014

For the Love Of It or FLOI is an annual get together of street and outdoor artists, producers, makers, activists and performers. Its a very informal gathering on the whole, and as much about having some fun together and catching up, making new friends as it is about serious disussion and workshops.

Everyone who comes Contributes to the event - by cooking, cleaning, set-up the space or by leading a workshop, giving a talk, debating an idea. In 2013 we were hosted at the Lanternhouse in Ulverston, in 2014 by the College Project in Bristol.

Photos and videos of some of the odd things that happened in 2013 are on this page and more details are below.

FLOI is open to anyone from the UK or beyond who is involved or interested in street and outdoor arts.

I just thought Wales based artist might be interested.

All information here

Thanks for reading,

Jules

FLOI 14 Blue sign

When? 6pm Friday 21st Feb – 3pm Sunday 23rd Feb 2014

Where? St Peters Academy, Fenton Manor, Fenton, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 2RR

Congregate Speculate Invigorate

NASA UK  AGM and general meeting

FLOI – weekend costs
including all main meals and snacks just £28 if you book before Jan 21st and £33 afterwards

Go to the Booking Form now

Comment by Gavin Porter on January 7, 2014 at 3:08

We you like to collaborate with NTW on our next Assembly?

NTW Assembly, March 29th 2014 from National Theatre Wales on Vimeo.

We are inviting proposals from across Wales from anyone who has an idea on what subject the next National Theatre Wales Assembly should explore, and where it can take place. The date is set for March 29th 2014.

If you would like to collaborate with National Theatre Wales on an exciting and innovative project that looks at local or global issues in a creative way, we would like to hear from you.

We are excepting proposals from across Wales from anyone who has an idea for the next Assembly, this can be an individual, a community group or voluntary organisation or people working in the creative sector, we'd love to hear from anyone. The deadline for proposals is no later than 5pm on 2nd February 2014.

Proposals will then be shortlisted and the shortlist will be put to a public vote.

We are particularly interested in hearing ideas that have a local and national/global relevance.

If you have any questions or would like to meet up for a chat or talk over the phone then please get in touch with me. my email is gavinporter@nationaltheatrewales.org and my mobile number is 07889757662, or for more info visit www.nationaltheatrewales.org/assembly

Comment by Gareth Tempest on January 7, 2014 at 2:20

Dear Creatives. I'm just trying to raise awareness for an initiative created by myself and a fellow actor which is designed to promote Shakespeare to children in Wales. Together we've created a set of workshops for schools designed to make the works of William Shakespeare fun and accessible for children.

Our company is called 'Bard Busters' and  the simple aim of our workshops is to help students to feel comfortable and confident with Shakespearean text, so they can pick up a Shakespeare play and not want to immediately put it back down! What's more they feel that they can discuss the stories; the language should be the key rather than a barrier to understanding the plot. We use the tools, knowledge and skills acquired during training to help students not only understand Shakespeare but to enjoy it!

As I say we're just trying to raise awareness about what we're trying to do, and any help that anyone can offer is greatly appreciated. If anyone wants to find out more please feel free to contact us at bardbusters1@gmail.com or if you know of any schools who maybe interested in having us come along we'd love to have their details.

Thanks for reading guys and hope you all have a great 2014! Please feel free to join the Bard busters page on the NTW website for frequent news and updates

Comment by Ruth Stringer on January 6, 2014 at 6:11

Happy New Year Everyone!

Following a week of development rehearsals, Chain Works Productions are presenting a script in hand performance of 'Gladiator,' a new play by Laurence Allan, at The Factory in Porth.  It's on this Saturday (11th) at 7pm, please come along and see what we've been up to and tell us what you think of our work so far! 

Tickets are £2.50 on the door, and you can reserve in advance with Denise Lord on 07814959355.  The Factory is quite a unique venue and well worth visiting if you've never been before.  It also warm and out of the rain, hooray!

Hope to see you there!

Members (662)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service