National Theatre Wales TEAM

Information

National Theatre Wales TEAM

National Theatre Wales TEAM is an open invitation - a chance for you to join in, contribute, and help us generate some magic. Whether you are new to the arts or a veteran culture vulture, TEAM welcomes you and your curiosity, enthusiasm and imagination.

TEAM is a network that encompasses a whole range of individuals, from arts professionals, dedicated enthusiasts and those curious ones dipping their toe in for the first time. 

Website: https://www.nationaltheatrewales.org/collaborate/about-ntw-team
Members: 900
Latest Activity: Sep 9, 2021

Help Shape The Future

Once you are part of this growing network, you get the chance to take part in our creative activities, get special ticket offers for our shows, and opportunities to assist on our productions.

If you’ve got an idea that you want to share, a creative project that needs an outside eye to glance over it, or you are looking for some guidance from a supportive arts community you have come to the right place.

TEAM can offer you training to help you lead a project with confidence, set up a community group or craft a performance piece.

We invite you to post your events, ideas and opportunities here. Let’s get the word out, shall we?

Take a look at our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ntwteam/

You can contact us on team@nationaltheatrewales.org

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales TEAM to add comments!

Comment by Anna Poole on February 25, 2014 at 4:05

Hi TEAM,

On Wednesday 12th March we will be holding Disability Equality Training for TEAM members in the NTW office 2pm-5pm.

This is a half day course that helps you to work in an accessible and inclusive way.

You will learn about some of the barriers in the performing arts that create difficulties for disabled people – and most importantly, you will learn what you can do to make a difference!

The training is carried out by Disability Arts Cymru; our courses are friendly, enjoyable and informative with plenty of chance to discuss things and to ask questions.

Places are limited and we will operate on a first come first served basis.  If you would like to attend please email annapoole@nationaltheatrewales.org to secure a place.

Comment by Simon Coates on February 19, 2014 at 21:13

WALESLAB - SUMMERCAMP 2014 - APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN

Hi everyone - we're now taking applications for this year's Summercamp which will take place between 21st Jul - 1st Aug. There's more info on my blog and the website.

Go on, give it a go. Deadline - 14th March, 12 noon.

Comment by Ingrid Lagouanelle on February 18, 2014 at 13:49

Spoken Word and Performance Poetry Workshop with Stephen Morrison-Burke - Feb 11th 2014

Many thanks to Anna and NTW TEAM for organizing this workshop last Tuesday. Stephen is a beautiful human being as well as an inspirational artist. Was delightful to work with him and share ideas and perspectives with all the participants... such a friendly atmosphere! As an aspiring writer I learnt a lot. Looking forward to more workshops like this one! 

Comment by Louisa Marie Lorey on February 18, 2014 at 3:42
Hi all! THE WINTER GIFT, Rogue'z Theatre Company opens tomorrow at The Urdd, Millennium Centre.
Be great to see you there! Tickets are available via this link. https://www.wmc.org.uk/Productions/2014-2015/Other/198342/?view=Sta...
Comment by Will Ford on February 15, 2014 at 3:47

I would like to echo the comments of the rest of the TEAM members so far regarding Stephen Morrison-Burke's spoken words and performance poetry workshop. His success in the field is inspiring and his friendly, welcoming approach to leading a workshop certainly made it an easy atmosphere in which to come up with a piece of writing during the workshop itself, the simple prompt of 'a familiar journey' nudging in the different minds and perspectives of the those attending to produce radically different pieces in response. One of the initial reasons I chose to attempt performance poetry was to push myself to do things I found a bit scary to increase my confidence, not just as a reader, but for life in general. We all read for the reasons that drive us, and it is inspiring to be told of the experiences of a poet like Stephen whose words have taken him on such a fantastic journey as a performer and human being! May we all achieve the goals we have set for ourselves via words and maybe more goals that become visible along the way that we would never have dreamed of when first putting pen to paper :-) Thank you Stephen and Anna and all at NTW for all you do to encourage creativity in anyone who wishes to explore it!

Comment by Jill Berrett on February 15, 2014 at 1:18

I want to thank TEAM for organising the Spoken Word and Performance poetry Workshop with Stephen Morrison-Burke. I had heard him perform last year in Cardiff and knew that I enjoyed his style and the passion in his writing. I found the workshop very encouraging and inspiring. I like reading my poetry but don't have a performance background. Stephen is a very inclusive person, seeing the positive and potential in everyone's works and helping with simple ideas that can make quite a difference. I enjoyed taking part in the exercises and they helped me see a way forward, having more confidence in my own voice and style and not having to compromise that in order to 'perform' but to build on it.

Comment by Mark Dorey on February 14, 2014 at 6:37

Spoken Word and Performance Poetry Workshop with Stephen Morrison-Burke.

A really informative and inspiring workshop from Stephen that had everyone buzzing. It was a fantastic evening, one of the best bits of which was writing some off-the-cuff poetry which loads of us read out,  with some really good stuff flying around the room!

Stephen was so helpful and gave a real insight into what it means to be a performance poet and encouraging us all to step up and speak out!

Thanks NTW once again an outstanding event!

Mark

Comment by Christopher Young on February 14, 2014 at 5:18

Had a great time at the Stephen Burke Spoken Word workshop. Very inspirational and helpful. From a composer and sound artist POV it was a great way to go right back to the basics of creatively writing and getting the expression across with as little as possible. For me seeing the little things that can really help expression when speaking a poem helped me to think about how this can be utilised in the music I create as well, plus it got me thinking about writing words again. We had opportunities to perform our works but I passed on that one for now, not quite at the spoken word performing stage yet!

Thanks again to NTW and Stephen for a great 2 hours. Looking forward to more workshops in the future!

Comment by Anna Poole on February 13, 2014 at 6:05

If you are having problems with the TEAM email please try devindadesilva@nationaltheatrewales.org instead. 

Thanks, 

Anna

Comment by Timothy Collins on February 13, 2014 at 5:53

Done! Though it did say delivery message failure or something, either way my main email is timcollins12@hotmail.com 

Many thanks :) 

Members (900)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service