Information

NTW07: Love Steals Us from Loneliness

This is the group for Love Steals Us from Loneliness: official tag: NTW07
View all blog posts about Love Steals Us from Loneliness

Members: 106
Latest Activity: Mar 12, 2014

Discussion Forum

Hello, Good Evening, Welcome 13 Replies

Thanks ever so much for joining the Love Steals Us From Loneliness group. First of all - a confession. The title isn't mine - it's stolen from…Continue

Tags: theft, Idlewild, NTW07, introductions

Started by Gary Owen. Last reply by Ieuan Watkins Sep 20, 2010.

Live results for ntw07 around the web

Loading… Loading feed

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of NTW07: Love Steals Us from Loneliness to add comments!

Comment by Anna-Marie Hainsworth on March 12, 2014 at 7:57

OMG is it true that there's going to be a new (non NTW) production of Love Steals Us From Loneliness in Bristol soon? I feel really weird and protective - eek! - though I'm sure it'll be great!  Maybe all us original Love Steals Us team should do a class trip, it'll be really interesting to see a different interpretation?

Comment by Sam Harding on January 11, 2012 at 3:19

AMAZING PLAY! Faveourite play, favourite writer! read it on the tube and people were like WTF coz i was actually sat there crying lol :S

Love to know if this is ever on anywhere! and even get involved ;)

Comment by Darren Saunders on December 3, 2010 at 1:31
Hey Guys,
i know its such a late reply but only now joined.
have to say what an excellent workshop you did for us back in october for bridgend college, we all apprecaited how you interpreted our ideas into your show. x
Comment by National Theatre Wales on October 18, 2010 at 10:18
Hi all. I've added a discussion on the front page of the community site for people to post their feedback on the show - you have to go down the page to forums, but do visit if you have thoughts or questions. And thanks to everyone in this group for all their support and contributions towards the show and its success.
Comment by Sue Manley on September 30, 2010 at 21:00
It is wonderful to see such a high profile production in Bridgend.

Well Done

Everyone
Comment by Tom Beardshaw on September 24, 2010 at 8:26
Interesting questions Carmen. Mass media can do that to a town - think Dunblane, Huntingdon, Columbine etc. It's unfair and incredibly hard to shake when a story grips the mainstream broadcast media like this. There will inevitably be conversations about Suicide when Bridgend is mentioned for a while, and of course Love Steals Us from Loneliness has been contextualised to an extent.

Partly as a response to the media 'defining the Bridgend story', we've set up OurBridgend.com, which enables anyone to respond with their own story about a place in Bridgend. Have a click around the icons on the map - each one contains something that someone has shared about that particular spot.

It's completely open and you can post anonymously if you like... all we ask is that you choose one of six themes for the memory or story you share. Love, Hate, Light, Dark, Us, Them.

What has been great to see from the first hundred or so places that people have added is the how much more love has been shared than hate, more light than dark, more us than them, despite it being as easy to post negatively as positively. It'll be interesting to see whether this continues.

As OurBridgend grows with more people from the town and county contributing, it becomes a place for outsiders to find the insiders view of Bridgend, a neat inversion of your original question. It would be great if it could become part of the people of Bridgend moving on, by defining the place for themselves, using their own media.
Comment by Rhian Jones on September 24, 2010 at 5:03
It's being updated and is still available on youtube. It'll be back up on this site as soon as the tweaking is completed. Glad you like it.
Comment by Carolina Vasquez on September 24, 2010 at 5:01
Why has the trailer been removed? I really love it, think it's fab!
Comment by carmen medway-stephens on September 21, 2010 at 7:59
PS. The play will really help bring back a 'dramatic' and ' creative' life to the town, I hope.
Comment by carmen medway-stephens on September 21, 2010 at 7:57
Hi Tracy,

This is quite a big debate.
My students made a short film on it.

Love Steals has been labelled the Suicide Play.

Anyone who comes from Bridgend is suicidal or depressed??

When you google Bridgend - what comes up?

Suicide.

When I attend different events, meet new People etc (even in Europe) - they do not know Wales but they know Bridgend.) An American Director even knew about what happened and the media hysteria that followed.

They say to me 'Oh, You are from Bridgend' (and have a funny look on their face)

Then they ask me for my opinion on what happened over two years ago.

I even get introduced as 'This is Carmen from 'Bridgend'.

Sometimes the students get special treatment because of where they are from.

Some have just appeared in a Reality Show the Producers actually told them to turn on the tears and heighten their Bridgend Profile to get more votes.

So what I was interested to know is this a true perception and how we can now move away from this stigma??

The people of Bridgend want and need to move on.

Members (99)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service