Information

WalesLab

WalesLab is no longer receiving submission. This page is an archive and a place for dicussion on previous WaleSLab projects.

If you'd like to get in touch with someone about WalesLab, please contact Simon Coates, Creative Associate. 

For more info on the projects we've supported you can see the links on the right hand side. 

You can join the group to be kept up to date about projects as they continue to change and to see notifications of future opportunities.

Members: 472
Latest Activity: Dec 13, 2017

WalesLab information

WalesLab was NTW's initiative for supporting emerging artists and new ideas for performance. This is a group and discussion forum for those artists involved in WalesLab or those interested in learning more about the various projects under development.

WalesLab consisted of:

Summercamp:        

A summer camp for up to twenty theatre makers and artists of varied experience to share ideas, learn form each other and stimulate new collaborations and projects (watch the video below to find out more).

WalesLab projects -

Small groups working for around 1-2 weeks based somewhere in Wales.

Germinate:    Three times a year small groups of artists will be offered the opportunity to spend around two weeks somewhere in Wales developing an idea or project which they have already begun working on, and will share their work with a local audience. There will be three Germinate projects a year, one of which will have an international element.

WalesLab is no longer open for new submissions. Have a look at the 'Your Work' page on the NTW website to find out about how to share your ideas with the company.

Discussion Forum

"Red Dragon and Soil Traveller" got two prizes in Japan!! AND, WANTED!!

Hello! I am Yasuro Ito in Tokyo,Japan. I am a theatre director and writer of…Continue

Tags: producer, wanted, international, musical, japan

Started by Yasuro Ito Oct 26, 2016.

Company Workshop with Award Winning Familia de la Noche Theatre

Award Winning Company Familia de la Noche are running a company workshop at Chapter Arts Centre on Tuesday 24th November, running alongside performances their 5* show The Greatest Liar in all the…Continue

Tags: cardiff, chapter, physical, clowning, workshop

Started by Becca Cox Oct 27, 2015.

Volunteer Opportunities

Volunteer OpportunitiesThis autumn The Abacus on Wood Street welcomes:The Cardiff Christmas Bazaar!In conjunction with Somewhereto_, ProMoCymru, The Modern Alchemists and National Youth Theatre…Continue

Tags: freebies, experience, cardiff, support, creative

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

ONiiiT is back!Back by popular demand, after a successful set of workshops,…Continue

Tags: skills, cardiff, fun, workshop, fundraising

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of WalesLab to add comments!

Comment by Nerea Martinez de Lecea on March 14, 2014 at 3:02

Hi, me again! sorry. Just to say that if you are coming to The Ballad of Ivor Jones (event link posted below) please can you join the event so that we can keep track of numbers. Ta! X

Comment by Nerea Martinez de Lecea on March 14, 2014 at 2:44

Hi everyone, here's the link to a fb event created for The Ballad of Ivor Jones - Found&lost's WalesLab project. The event is on the 27th March in Treorchy. Come and see what we've been up to! (Also, for further info, check out my blogs on here) .https://www.facebook.com/events/277858019045469/?ref_dashboard_filt...

Comment by Simon Coates on March 13, 2014 at 22:12

If anyone is still unsure of whether to apply to Summercamp this year, take a look at my '10 reasons' for why you absolutely should.

Less than 3 hours to go...

Deadline is midday TODAY.

Comment by Tracy Evans on March 13, 2014 at 10:11
Phew! Just finished my epic week of travels with my mother, and ended up with more questions than I had when I began :-) http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/beginning-...
Comment by Simon Coates on March 7, 2014 at 5:10
Comment by Tracy Evans on March 6, 2014 at 2:34

Just preparing to go to Ireland to pick up my mum for my WalesLab adventure. Very excited. Read more on my blog post... http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/countdown-...

Comment by Anna Mountford on February 28, 2014 at 3:47

Hi Simon, where can I send my production proposal? We are a Canadian based theatre company with Welsh ties. We have a two man studio type theatre comedy that has been well received in Canada and the USA.

Thank you

Anna

Comment by Simon Coates on February 19, 2014 at 21:11

SUMMERCAMP 2014 - APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN

Hi everyone - we're now taking applications for this year's Summercamp which will take place between 21st Jul - 1st Aug. There's more info on my blog and the website.

Go on, give it a go. Deadline - 14th March, 12 noon.

Comment by Simon Coates on February 18, 2014 at 2:32

Catherine Dyson will be sharing an insight into her project after spending four days writing in the Park and Dare Theatre next week. Have a look here for more info

Comment by Simon Coates on February 16, 2014 at 23:02

Hi Everyone

There's a open artists commission here from the wonderful In Between Time Festival in Bristol. Deadline 27th March.

sx

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service