Hello! If you're new to this social network site, please introduce yourself to our community.

Who are you? Why are you here? What do you do? How are you already involved in theatre - as a fan/participant/performer/artist? What do you want from National Theatre Wales? How do you want to become more involved with us and what we do?

PLEASE - Be honest and don't feel that you have to impress anyone.

As for me, I'm Catherine and I'm a Creative Associate with National Theatre Wales. I am Cardiff born and Cardiff bred... and very proud of it. I am a theatre director and have directed plays and lead projects with professional performers, new writers and young artists in lots of exciting places.

I want National Theatre Wales to put Welsh talent in Welsh productions on an international stage, speaking with and for Welsh artists and Welsh audiences. This social network will be the first place for this to happen as it is a space where National Theatre Wales can have an open dialogue with its core members - you, our community.

I hope you will use this social network to influence our work, to tell us how you want to get involved, what work we should be making, where you want us to go, where we are doing well and where we can do better.

Together we can build a community of people who talk to each other to make National Theatre Wales the best it can be - a truly National Theatre owned by the community it works with and for.

Views: 1676

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello all...

I'm Adam and I'm an alchoholic. Sorry - I bet loads of people have made that joke, right... ah well...

I'm a TV/Film/Theatre composer from the Rhondda, now based in London. I wrote the theme to Kidulthood in 2005 which started me off - This year I scored Law & Order: UK for ITV 1 (with Andy Price) and The Well for BBC2 (Saturday's, 13:15 BBC 2 guys...). I've just finished a play for Hampton Court Palace and am about to embark on L&O: UK Season 2 - watch this space...

Feel free to check out my WEBSITE for more info...
Congratulations Adam on the Kidulthood & the Law & Order Music. Just wondering how you got about starting in the music scoring scene? Was it case of who knows you to get started & then your work speaking for itself? Am trying to get noticed though it's more a case of who knows you & who has your number :) but well done to you Adam & all the best for the future!
Hello!
I have just been introduced to the community and I am so very impressed. It's really great to see many familiar faces on the site as well as discovering new and exciting performers and projects. I'm very enthusiastic about the way the NTW is going and I hope it will continue to be as open, welcoming and inspiring as it is now.

As for me, when I'm not gushing with excitement, I'm busy being mostly an actor with writerly aspiritions in Swansea and London. I trained at East 15 on the post-graduate course under the direction of a Rhys Thomas (anyone know him?) graduating in October 2007. Since then I've been back and forward between London and home working on various projects, largely for the stage. I am currently rehearsing the role of Juliet in Shakespeare's R+J with Fluellen Theatre Company, which will be performed at the Grand Theatre Arts Wing from 10th to 13th November inclusive.

As well as being a fan of the classics - which we rarely see in Swansea- I am very interested in developing new writing and much of my recent work has been with new companies and in devising. I am particularly passionate about supporting and even contributing to the growth of new Welsh playwrights as I feel that we, as a younger generation of Welshies, have been missing a voice on the global (and even the local!) stage. I am thrilled to see how this 'void' has been filling up in the last few years and hope that the work of the NTW and its associated companies will continue to develop this.

A great thumbs up - looking forward to the announcement of the programmme.

Miranda
p.s If anyone is in Swansea, it would be great to see you at the Grand ;)
Hello,
I've finally made it onto the National Theatre Community. Really impressed at the lively activity going on and wondering why on earth I didn't sign up earlier. To introduce myself, I'm an actor based in Cardiff originally from Llanelli. I trained at Drama Centre London (2003). I'm very grateful and happy to have spent the year working with Hijinx theatre and currrently with Spectacle on varied roles and script development reaching a wide range of audiences. This is important to me as I believe that theatre should have an impact on people from all walks of life. This is also why I'm excited at the prospect of a National Theatre. I also direct young people, facilitate workshops and stick my fingers in as many imaginative pies as possible. Pleased to meet you!
Hiya! Im Mab Jones, a Cardiff-born n based performance poet, comic, writer, and event organiser. I work for myself (tough boss!), and have been doing this for 2 years now. I have a website www.mabjones.com with all the memyself&I biog details. My aim is to help create a spoken word scene in South Wales, through my events organising co Jam Bones www.myspace.com/jbonesevents - right now, there's not enough happening around yur for my liking... My next event is Halloweird, 2nd Nov, a mix of comedy n spoken word, please come along if you can!!! M :)
Hi, I'm Deborah and I have joined the National Theatre Wales network with my theatre company, Out of Order. We produce mainly new work with a historical setting that deepens our understanding of the world now and how it came to be that way. We are London based but are currently in Swansea, where we are producing a rehearsed reading of a play based on the life of Dylan Thomas, Tail of Two Dogs, to be performed at the Dylan Thomas Centre on 2nd November at 7.30pm. We are planning to take the play on tour in Wales in 2010 and we are very excited about it!
Hi,

I'm Holly McCarthy, I am a Brit who grew up abraod and came to live in Wales when I was 14...in sunny old Aberystwyth.

Although some would not call me 'Welsh', this has always felt like home, and having never lived anywhere else in the UK I feel strongly that I am more Welsh than anything else! I love this country - with it's massive sense of pride and patriotism and it's abundence of artistic passion.
I Graduated from RWCMD in 2005 and remained based in Cardiff.....and have been working as a theatre designer ever since. Having finished a long run of designs already this year, I am currently designing yet another exciting show (following our successful premier venture last year) with Theatre Pena....amoungst other things that is - including doing a bit of lecturing back in Aber, at the university.

I am excited by the approach, already shown by the National Theatre....the desire for a new style of posative promotion of different types of performance in Wales, and looking at new ways of incorperatng new audiences.

I have long thought, like others, that Wales as a nation has so much to offer in the way of legend, Poetry, Song, Music and Drama and that we have not yet explored or pushed this to it's full potential. I am really excited by the refreshing new opportunities and methods to capture the spirit of this nation.
Hi I'm pretty new to all this, my invovlement with theatre is as a patron, I watch it but I don't get up on stage, now add an orchestra & I'm your man. Love singing on stage but not just talking. I mean why limit yourself to just the words.
Hello,My name's Martin Morley, I've worked as a designer in Welsh Language theatre since the 70s, most recently, 'Llyfr Mawr y Plant' for Theatr Bara Caws/ Theatr Gwynedd. Inspite of having a very shaky grasp of the language I've always felt at home here. I came here by chance from being designer at the Liverpool Playhouse 1969 -73 to design aproduction, 'Pethe Brau (The Glass Menagerie), for Theatr Cymru and stayed ever since. For twelve years as staff designer and then as a freelancer, designing many productions for Theatr Gwynedd.
I had no idea what to expect of the programme. It looks a really exciting programme. The right project could tempt me out of retirement.Very pleased to see the balance between work of different generations.
Hello,I'm Dan and i'm an actor. Would like to say its a very exciting programme for debut year. I'm available for work.
Hi all, I've just joined and hope that this wonderful new venture is a huge success.
I am currently working in Priscilla in the West End but hope to get some work in Wales again after my contract.
I am learning Welsh but finding it difficult to practice so if anyone is aware of daytime courses (in London) or Welsh-speaking people with time on their hands during the days in London, please let me know!
Best wishes, Phillip
Hello!!!
Im a newbie! David Fynn. Originally from the culture capital of Wales; NEWPORT!!!!
Left in 2003 to train at Webber Douglas in London, and I am still London based. Ive just finished doing a run of "All My Sons" at The Leicester Curve Theatre. It would be great to come home and do some work there!

Hope to meet some of you soon!!!!

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service