Hannah Wynn Jones's Comments

Comment Wall (1 comment)

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

At 10:55 on April 17, 2014, Victoria Jane Fleming said…

Hi Hannah, Vickie here from Pigtown Theatre Company.  I've just read your post about interns at the Millennium Centre which looks really interesting.  Sadly I live up in North Wales but was hoping that I could link in with you for a bit of advice and support regarding the future work of my company. 

We have been delivering work throughout Conwy county in partnership with the council and created projects for Adult services, Young Adults under psychiatric supervision  and more recently with Afasic Cymru to deliver speech and language projects and with Contact a Family to offer drama workshops at their family events.  We want to move the company forward with a focus on community working and are in the process of becoming a CIC.  My partner, Simon, is focused on the theatre making side currently while I have felt more drawn to the community aspect.  Mochdre, where we are based, although not diverse in cultural background has a wide social spectrum which we would like to engage with.  There is a large elderly community and many young families living on the estate who I think could particularly benefit from exposure to art activities and events.

Any advice or support would be gratefully received.  We are both classically trained actors who have a passion for the arts and what it can do for the wider community but have little practical experience of social engagement.  Your help would be invaluable.

You can contact me via National Theatre Wales or my email:

info@pigtown-theatre.co.uk

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service