Lift Jockeys - In need of two male actors for roles in a dark comedy short film!

When two passengers arrive in their lift with no blank information, polar opposites Sharon and Stan must decide together whether they have to travel to heaven or hell.

The story is a dark comedy and is set in a lift that ferries souls between heaven and hell.  Sharon is a lift operator for Gateway elevator services. Her job is to ferry new souls from Earth to either heaven and hell. She is fairly new to the job as she’s been doing it for a few hundred years. Stan on the other hand has been a lift operator for over a thousand years and has been round the block a few times. With his lift stuck in the workshop he hitches a ride with Sharon in her lift. Everything is going normally until their client cards that come through for the next trip are blank. They have no idea whether they have to go to heaven or hell and somehow have to make the decision themselves.

Sharon wants to make sure everything is done by the book and that the clients get to the right destination. Stan is just after the easy route out and would send everyone down to hell if he could. The reason the situation becomes more urgent is because the two clients they have no information about, Lyndsey and Christopher, suddenly turn up in the lift while they’re trying to decide their destination…

The roles we are looking to cast are:

STAN – Fifties. Bit scruffy looking but can scrub up well when he needs to. Short, silver grey hair and stubble. An old hand at the job (hundred of years of experience at least), but passed over for promotion and stopped from retiring due to a previous mistakes. Grumpy, sarcastic, the exact opposite of good customer service, but able to keep a cool-head when things don't go exactly to plan.

CHRISTOPHER – Mid thirties. Tall, stocky and well built. Very short hair, if any hair at all. Evasive and agitated, Christopher is having a hard time adapting to his new situation and initially questions its authenticity. Quick to anger and easy to upset, he also appears to be suffering claustrophobia. He still wears the office clothes he had on when he died.

We will be shooting Wednesday 23rd - Friday 25th July in a studio in Cardiff. Since this is a low budget production with almost all of the funds dedicated to the professional build of our set these are unpaid roles but food will be provided and travel expenses covered. Of course everyone involved will also be provided with a copy of the finished film. If you're interested please don't hesitate to contact me as we are looking ideally to have auditions / read-throughs next week.

Many thanks!

EDIT: All roles have now been cast. Thanks.

Views: 561

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Ross Spencer Shaddick on July 19, 2014 at 21:24

Hi Aaron,

No worries, do keep me in mind as next time I should have the film I recently finished which is currently in post production ready and accessible.

Comment by Aaron Fisher on July 19, 2014 at 9:33

Hi Ross,

I'm afraid you were pipped to the post and we have now cast the last role in the film. Thank you very much for your interest anyway. I'll definitely keep in you in mind for any future projects.

Cheers

Comment by Ross Spencer Shaddick on July 19, 2014 at 0:20

Hi Aaron, 

I don't have a showreel online, what I do have is a short film on DVD that I did earlier this year 'Zero' where I play the part of 'Gryff' about apocalypse/zombies. If you want me to hand it to you in person as I'm back in Cardiff tmrw evening?

Comment by Aaron Fisher on July 18, 2014 at 4:05

Hi Ross,

Christopher is actually the one role we're still looking to cast. Do you have a showreel or any examples of your work online we can take a look at?

Comment by Ross Spencer Shaddick on July 17, 2014 at 23:09

Hi Aaron, I may be a bit late in the day to apply for this, though are you still auditioning for the role of Christopher?  

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service