Information

Writers

An official National Theatre Wales group

Writers who want to be part of National Theatre Wales, share ideas, get feedback from each other, and hear about opportunities

Members: 481
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please Read Our Guidelines To Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read guidelines on our Your Work page

Discussion Forum

Looking for Welsh Playwrights for Scratch Night in London.

Started by CHIPPY LANE PRODUCTIONS LTD. Aug 7, 2016.

Collaborators Needed! 2 Replies

Started by Camille Naylor. Last reply by sean donovan Dec 1, 2015.

Looking for a writer to collaborate on an idea. 2 Replies

Started by Caley Powell. Last reply by Catrin Fflur Huws Mar 3, 2015.

NTW Dramaturgy Project - Beginnings

Started by Richard Hurford Oct 20, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Writers to add comments!

Comment by Kelly Jones on July 22, 2014 at 1:23
This is exciting- I wondered when it was coming back again. Will they be holding the writing seminars again like last time?
Comment by carmen medway-stephens on July 22, 2014 at 1:12

A big day for Writers in Wales, some fantastic dramaturgs selected and the Wales Drama Award - better get writing...

I hope the dramaturgs get set to work with writers asap...I know some a crying alone at they desk in need of one...reaching for tissues saying 'where is my dramaturg when I need one...(ha) Exciting times!!

Comment by National Theatre Wales on July 22, 2014 at 0:32

And today's big announcement is the launch of the 2014 Wales Drama Award. Here's all the info. In a nutshell - a £10k prize for the winning full-length English Language dramatic script for any medium - theatre, TV, film, radio, digital. Open to all writers living in Wales.  

Comment by Richard Huw Morgan on July 21, 2014 at 12:19
looking forward to useful developments from this, wish i'd been in a position to have been more constructively engaged
Comment by National Theatre Wales on July 21, 2014 at 11:47

Thanks Peter. I'm really looking forward to the discussions.  We'll share as much as possible on here and continue the debate - there's still that collective noun to work on! And of course there'll be the individual work with writers on their scripts too. Thanks for your input into developing this idea.

Comment by Peter Cox MBE on July 21, 2014 at 9:31

That looks like a great 'Question of Dramaturgs' to me John.  Congratulations to each of them and a big thank you to you and NTW for 1) valuing the role of dramaturgy in this way and 2) for initiating such an open, stimulating and provocative discussion on dramaturgy.

Comment by National Theatre Wales on July 21, 2014 at 5:51

Hi everyone, today we're announcing the members of the first Dramaturgs Group - chosen from over 30 applicants by a panel of Kaite O'Reilly, Roger Williams, Lisa Maguire and myself.  It was a very difficult decision, and we could easily have filled the group three times over, but we've tried to come up with a balanced and inspiring selection that will push the debate, and the level of support for writers, forward.  Here's a blog with more detail.  And the names and profile links are: 

Janys Chambers, Richard Hurford, Mathilde Lopez, Ace McCarron, Louise Osborn and Gary Owen

Our first meeting will be in September.

Comment by George Goding on July 17, 2014 at 7:47

Hello Everyone,

I am a comedy writer in Cardiff and I am currently producing the Cardiff Comedy Festival. This weekend "Service! Training Day" is being performed as part of the CCF. Service 2! Training Day

Dates: 18th-19th July

Times: 6:30pm & 7:30pm both nights

Tickets: £4 http://bit.ly/1pX14kC

If you fancy seeing some situtational comedy, come and let us entertain you!

"Fast-paced, foul-mouthed farce. Hotel manager Sheila needs maternity cover. Sluggish Gavin and fastidious arse Steven duel for promotion."

Would love to see some of you there!

Thanks

George

Comment by Jack Ayres on July 13, 2014 at 6:55

Hi all,

Dry Mouth Theatre has now less than two weeks until the opening of its debut production of Death of a Salesman at 7pm on Friday 24th of July and 2pm & 7pm on Saturday 25th of July at The Gate Theatre!

Tickets are available at £7 standard price and £5 for concessions from:

- The Gate online - http://www.thegate.org.uk/events/page/2/

-The Gate Box Office on 029 2048 3344

You can also like us on Facebook to keep up with all our latest news and view our production vlogs and promotional material! - https://www.facebook.com/drymouththeatre

We'd love to see you there!

Jack

Comment by James Robert Auheb on June 26, 2014 at 10:53

Hi Lovely Writers!

I'm here to give a shout out to a new group on the NTW community - Theatre Playgroup. Theatre Playgroup is a new project supported by TEAM and WMC.

It will take place over 6 weeks, beginning in September and will be an opportunity for Actors, Directors and Writers and.. well anyone else.. to read a published play, discuss, workshop and rehearse sections and then devise new work based on an element of the published work and share it at the WMC...

Interested? Want to find out more? I'd love to get some writers involved at this early stage of the project to make sure it's a great experience for everyone who takes part!

Join the group..

Theatre Playgroup

Members (481)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service