Information

WalesLab

WalesLab is no longer receiving submission. This page is an archive and a place for dicussion on previous WaleSLab projects.

If you'd like to get in touch with someone about WalesLab, please contact Simon Coates, Creative Associate. 

For more info on the projects we've supported you can see the links on the right hand side. 

You can join the group to be kept up to date about projects as they continue to change and to see notifications of future opportunities.

Members: 472
Latest Activity: Dec 13, 2017

WalesLab information

WalesLab was NTW's initiative for supporting emerging artists and new ideas for performance. This is a group and discussion forum for those artists involved in WalesLab or those interested in learning more about the various projects under development.

WalesLab consisted of:

Summercamp:        

A summer camp for up to twenty theatre makers and artists of varied experience to share ideas, learn form each other and stimulate new collaborations and projects (watch the video below to find out more).

WalesLab projects -

Small groups working for around 1-2 weeks based somewhere in Wales.

Germinate:    Three times a year small groups of artists will be offered the opportunity to spend around two weeks somewhere in Wales developing an idea or project which they have already begun working on, and will share their work with a local audience. There will be three Germinate projects a year, one of which will have an international element.

WalesLab is no longer open for new submissions. Have a look at the 'Your Work' page on the NTW website to find out about how to share your ideas with the company.

Discussion Forum

"Red Dragon and Soil Traveller" got two prizes in Japan!! AND, WANTED!!

Hello! I am Yasuro Ito in Tokyo,Japan. I am a theatre director and writer of…Continue

Tags: producer, wanted, international, musical, japan

Started by Yasuro Ito Oct 26, 2016.

Company Workshop with Award Winning Familia de la Noche Theatre

Award Winning Company Familia de la Noche are running a company workshop at Chapter Arts Centre on Tuesday 24th November, running alongside performances their 5* show The Greatest Liar in all the…Continue

Tags: cardiff, chapter, physical, clowning, workshop

Started by Becca Cox Oct 27, 2015.

Volunteer Opportunities

Volunteer OpportunitiesThis autumn The Abacus on Wood Street welcomes:The Cardiff Christmas Bazaar!In conjunction with Somewhereto_, ProMoCymru, The Modern Alchemists and National Youth Theatre…Continue

Tags: freebies, experience, cardiff, support, creative

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

ONiiiT is back!Back by popular demand, after a successful set of workshops,…Continue

Tags: skills, cardiff, fun, workshop, fundraising

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of WalesLab to add comments!

Comment by Simon Coates on August 13, 2014 at 4:45

WALESLAB DEADLINE EXTENSION

I decided to move the deadline for the next shortlisting day back to the end of Sep. Should give people some time to get over the craziness of Edinburgh and summer fun. 

So the deadline is 26th Sep at noon. 

Please give me a shout if you are thinking of submitting an idea and want to talk through your ideas.

Comment by Catherine Paskell on August 4, 2014 at 12:32

Hi WalesLab friends. Are you a video artist? WalesLab is looking for someone to collaborate with Yo Nakamura, an exciting dancer and choreographer from Japan who will be visiting Wales in a few weeks. Look here for details of this paid NTW opportunity...

Comment by Gavin Porter on July 24, 2014 at 0:57

Hi All. We have recently launched The Big Democracy Project and similar to Assembly we are looking for groups, organisations or individuals to submit proposals. We will be working in four communities across Wales over the next year, starting in North Wales. For more information visit

http://nationaltheatrewales.org/big-democracy-project

http://nationaltheatrewales.org/cy/y-prosiect-democratiaeth-mawr

Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on July 23, 2014 at 0:54

Hey everyone. 

Just a reminder that the next NTW TEAM Workout session is coming up on the 9th August.  NTW Event is here; Facebook Event is here; and there's a blog about the last session here

Anyone got any queries do drop me a line at lisawellsturner@gmail.com.

Cheers,

Lisa

Comment by Simon Coates on July 14, 2014 at 4:58

For those of you in the Cardiff area - our friends at AUG012 are offering a promotion to WalesLab artists to catch their production of Roberto Zucco at Chapter Arts Centre on the 15th and 16th July. £10 tickets. Bargain.

For more info, contact the producer at sarahjane.leigh@august012.co.uk

Comment by Simon Coates on July 14, 2014 at 4:42

For those who are wondering - the next cut off for WalesLab submissions is the 29th Aug at noon.

Cheers

Comment by Matt Ball on July 11, 2014 at 3:22

KILN ensemble are taking two projects to Edinburgh, one which began at the first summercamp (A Journey Round My Skull) and the other (Lady GOGO Goch) which was a WalesLab project in 2012. You can find more info about the projects and support them getting to Edinburgh on their Kickstarter page

Comment by Simon Coates on July 2, 2014 at 7:10

You can also join the Summercamp 14 group for updates as the project get under way...

Comment by Simon Coates on July 2, 2014 at 6:50

I've just announced the Summercmap artists for this year. Check them out here

Comment by Simon Coates on June 30, 2014 at 5:19

I've just announced the next two Emerging Director opportunities (although you'll have to take our word for it on the the second one - we've never announced an opportunity before a show before!).
Both shows are going to be corkers! Info HERE

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service