Information

Theatre Playgroup!

A group for the 'Theatre Playgroup' project.

This is (initially) a 6 week project where Actors, Directors, Writers and .. well anyone else who is interested can work together. Reading, work-shopping and exploring a published script and then going on to create new exciting work which we share at the end of the 6 weeks!

Supported by NTW TEAM

NTW TEAM group

Members: 71
Latest Activity: May 31, 2017

Theatre Playgroup Plan

Click on the link to have a look at the initial plan for the theatre playgroup, it'll give you an idea of what the group is about

Theatre Playgroup Sign Up Sheet

If you'd like to come along download and fill in the sheet and return it to info@humancompasstheatre.co.uk

Discussion Forum

3 Weeks left...The sharing, what would you like to see?

Hello folks,   As you know at the end of the sessions, in week 6 we're having an informal sharing of work. It's an opportunity for us to share with each other, friends, family and colleagues the work we've done over the 5 weeks before.    The aim of…Continue

Started by James Robert Auheb Sep 5, 2014.

Question 3... 2 Replies

Hi lovely Playgroupers!  Sending best wishes from sunny Florida... You can't say I'm not committed!This question is for any one who would like to get involved with the playgroup as a writer....As you know from the plan after we've explored and…Continue

Started by James Robert Auheb. Last reply by James Robert Auheb Jul 29, 2014.

Second Question...As the initial sessions will be based on published text, which texts / playwrights would you like to explore in more detail? 4 Replies

As the initial sessions will be based on a published text, which texts / playwrights would you like to explore in more detail? Ideally it would be texts you've always wanted to explore but not had chance, a playwright you'd like to find out more…Continue

Which is the best evening in the week to hold our sessions? 11 Replies

Hi Lovely Playgroup-ers!   I want the process of developing this project to be as inclusive as possible... so I'll be asking lots of questions of you over the next few weeks..I'll start with.. which evening of the week would you like to hold our…Continue

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Theatre Playgroup! to add comments!

Comment by Jan Jones on August 7, 2014 at 8:03
Hi James. Really interested in this. Have tried to download the form but it won't let me write anything on it. Is it just me ( most likely!) and if so any ideas what I should do. Xx
Comment by James Robert Auheb on July 29, 2014 at 8:13

Hello Everyone!

Well the details are finalised and we're ready to go... and I have to say I'm very excited!

Theatre Playgroup will officially begin on the 21st August 2014 at 6.30pm. Everyone is invited, all I ask is that you complete the simple form (link below) and email it back to me, so I have an idea of who will be coming.

All the details are on the form, but if you have any questions, either post them here or email me on: info@humancompasstheatre.co.uk

Looking forward to working with you!

James

Download the sign-up sheet here!

Comment by James Robert Auheb on July 16, 2014 at 12:17

Hi Kelly, Naomi and everyone else who has joined the group, great to see so many faces, I think we're going to have a lot of fun and produce some exciting work!

Sorry it's taken me a while to reply, I've been an international jet setter for the past few weeks, but now am back in Wales and ready and raring to go!

So a bit of further information about the project...

The sessions for the initial run of the project will be held at the Millennium Centre in Cardiff Bay, I'm working at the moment to organise dates where things won't clash across the 6 weeks.

Very soon I'll be sending out some application forms (sounds very formal.. it's not meant to be!!) to find out which element you'd like to be involved with in the project - initially writer, director, or actor. There will be opportunity to cross over, but it's to make sure we have a good spread of people.

There is no cost involved as it's being met by NTW TEAM and the Wales Milennium Centre, the only proviso is that you have to commit to the 6 weeks, (or let us know before if you can't make a session!) and to be a member of the TEAM group on here! 

If you haven't already contributed to the discussions at the top of the group page please get involved and give your opinion, this is a new venture and we want to make sure it's a success and as useful as possible to actors, writers and directors so we need your opinions!

Any questions please feel free to friend me and send me a message on here

Best Wishes,

James

Comment by Kelly Jones on July 8, 2014 at 22:07

This is a really exciting idea!! I'd love to be involved and look forward to hearing more

Kelly

Comment by Naomi Underwood on July 5, 2014 at 12:21
Hi James! This sounds really interesting and I'd love some more info on how to get involved if possible? I'm away on the 30th August and have my sisters wedding on the 5th September but would be keen on being a part if this. Here is my email address if you would like to contact me. Thanks!!

naomi.underwood@hotmail.co.uk
Comment by James Robert Auheb on June 29, 2014 at 9:40

Hi Isabelle an Rowena! 

It would be great to see you after Christmas Isabelle, Break a leg on tour! We're running the initial sessions from the end of August, just finalising dates at the moment Rowena, but it will be at the WMC in the Bay. If it proves a success it'd be great to spread it far and wide! 

Comment by Rowena Louise Bernice Scurlock on June 29, 2014 at 6:52
Sounds fantastic where and when?
Comment by Isabelle Paige on June 27, 2014 at 23:26

Hi James : ) fancy seeing you here! This sounds like a great idea. Sadly I'll be away most of the time from Sept - Dec this year with a show, but I thought I'd join the group so that hopefully I can get involved after Xmas. Cheers xx 

Comment by James Robert Auheb on June 26, 2014 at 5:24

Hello and welcome to the 'Theatre Playgroup' group on NTW!

This is a new project which is being run with the support of NTW TEAM and Wales Millennium Centre. 

Members (68)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service