Information

Writers

An official National Theatre Wales group

Writers who want to be part of National Theatre Wales, share ideas, get feedback from each other, and hear about opportunities

Members: 481
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please Read Our Guidelines To Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read guidelines on our Your Work page

Discussion Forum

Looking for Welsh Playwrights for Scratch Night in London.

Started by CHIPPY LANE PRODUCTIONS LTD. Aug 7, 2016.

Collaborators Needed! 2 Replies

Started by Camille Naylor. Last reply by sean donovan Dec 1, 2015.

Looking for a writer to collaborate on an idea. 2 Replies

Started by Caley Powell. Last reply by Catrin Fflur Huws Mar 3, 2015.

NTW Dramaturgy Project - Beginnings

Started by Richard Hurford Oct 20, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Writers to add comments!

Comment by Sally Hales on September 4, 2014 at 4:25

Hi John,

Is it possible to enter a script that has previous been entered for a BBCWritersroom script call (not currently open)?

I'm working on something new, but it's a plan b if the day job halts its progress.

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on September 3, 2014 at 1:46

Hi Writers, I have just found out that the course at Bridgend College that I run is for a very small fee which could benefit those who are on a tight budget...people who are able to claim receive a very desirable concession the course is excellent value for money!!! The course is ten weeks, further courses follow, email me for further details rodstephens@btinternet.com 

Comment by Kelsey Richards on September 2, 2014 at 1:01

Bless you Peter! Thank you.

Technology is definitely not my strong point!

Comment by Shane Anderson on September 1, 2014 at 7:58

Swansea Grand link not working (getting double http://http://www...) on your swansea grand link Kelsey. wonder if this will do the same... http://www.swansea.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=26939

Comment by Kelsey Richards on September 1, 2014 at 5:53

Hello,

For those who were at the last Sherman Scriptslam, or the latest Scratch Night you might remember my ten minute short "The Gift"

This was part of a longer piece which will be performed at Swansea Grand Theatre Arts Wing on the 27th September - would be great to see some familiar faces there for support! Ticket details @http://www.swansea.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=26939

And if you can't make it on the 27th Sept in Swansea, check it out in Porthcawl Grand Pavilion on the 1st October (http://www.grandpavilion.co.uk/whats-on/october/lunchtime-theatre-g...

Do say hello if you pop in! Xx

Comment by Gavin Porter on September 1, 2014 at 3:34

Cast Your Vote

Voting opened last Friday for next stage of the Big Democracy Project. We invited proposals from across North Wales and the three ideas that are now up for public vote are three really strong and relevant ideas. The public will now decide which idea gets developed into an Assembly (performance/debate event) by voting for the one they feel chimes with them.

Central to the Big Democracy Project is how can we create the Wales we want? With action through art The Big Democracy project will help communities find their voice and explore issues that are important locally and nationally.

The themes are Homelessness, Voter Apathy and Rural Travel, more information can be found here www.nationaltheatrewales.org/big-democracy-project 

Cast your vote.

Join in the Conversation #BigDemocracy

Democracy is.....?

Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on August 26, 2014 at 1:06

Hey everyone.  Just a reminder that the next TEAM Workout session is coming up in Cardiff on the 6th September.  Details are here ...

Any queries or questions do get in touch.

Cheers,

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on August 25, 2014 at 22:44

Everyone has a story to tell:

We are happy to announce the writers sessions are back @ Bridgend College, 

Open to all who have a passion to write and get their work to stage, radio or screen

These sessions are all about the writing and turning up at the page. Guest professionals and visits, supportive and proactive environment to creating new work or developing existing scripts, personal one to one tutorial, dramaturgy and mentorship. We look at the American and British Market. Ten weeks in the first instance. Wednesday evenings,

We'll help you discover the story you need to tell.

Email me on rodstephens@btinternet.com  

Comment by James Robert Auheb on August 18, 2014 at 0:33

Just a quick reminder, if you'd like to come along to Theatre Playgroup it starts this Thursday evening! 

For more information and to sign up Theatre Playgroup Community

Comment by James Robert Auheb on August 4, 2014 at 23:32

Hi lovely Writers!

A few weeks ago I posted a message about a new project supported by TEAM called 'Theatre Playgroup'. 

The project will take place (initially) over 6 weeks, beginning in August and will be an opportunity for Actors, Directors and Writers and.. well anyone else.. to read a published play, discuss, workshop and rehearse sections and then devise new work based on an element of the published work and share it at the WMC...

The wait is finally over...All the details are now in place and I confirm our first session will be on the 21st August at the Wales Millennium Centre and we are exploring 'Betrayal' by Harold Pinter.

If you'd like to be part of this exciting new project then head across to the 'Theatre Playgroup' group and download the sign up form! 

As this event is supported by TEAM, please note you must be a member of the TEAM group to join (very simple, just click the TEAM link below and click 'join'!)

Join the group..

Theatre Playgroup

Supported by NTW TEAM

NTW TEAM group

Members (481)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service