Information

Improv - Is it?

UPDATE: Unfortunately I no longer live in Cardiff, but feel free to e-mail me anyway, and if anyone wishes to continue improvising in Wales I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who can point you in the right direction. Best of luck to you all!

Hi I’m Charlie. And from November onwards I have found myself in the privileged position to be running weekly Improv sessions in Cardiff with the help of NTW TEAM. For me, the core of Improv is the stories, how do we make stories, what makes them interesting, why is one story more engaging than another. As such, we shall be picking apart the stories we know and the stories we create to see what works and what doesn't.

So if you’re interested in taking part email me at charliemhammond@gmail.com, and a little background on yourself, why you're interested, what kind of theatre you're into, etc, would be greatly appreciated. We start November 6th, 6.30-9.30, at Cardiff Masonic Hall, 8 Guildford Street, CF10 2HL (it is just around the corner from Gwdihw). Places are limited and this needs dedication. If you are unable to attend on a weekly basis it becomes incredibly difficult to produce a group dynamic. Also, the more turns you take in exercises and the more you fail, the more you’ll learn. If you come and you’re amazing at everything, they’ll be nothing to teach. So come suck at something with a smile on your face.

Members: 26
Latest Activity: Aug 19, 2014

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Improv - Is it? to add comments!

Comment by Julia Chapman on August 19, 2014 at 11:25

Hi Charlie,

Just a note to say I'm really interested in being a part of this, are the sessions still running?

Julia

Comment by Charlie Hammond on September 1, 2013 at 23:24

Just a reminder about the little meet tomorrow for those who are interested: https://www.facebook.com/events/382004651928379/

Comment by Charlie Hammond on August 26, 2013 at 6:29

Hello lovely people.

So, I'm wanting to continue this group in October, under a slightly different format so that it's more the creation of core company of Improvisers with me there to facilitate the work. I've called together a meeting on Tuesday the 3rd of September at Gwdihw before the Vagabond comedy night to have a meet with people who are interested in any way, and to talk about how to proceed. I'll be there from 18:30, it would be great to see everyone even if you don't feel you'll have the time to commit to such a project do come and say hi. 

Here's the link on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/events/382004651928379/?notif_t=plan_user_...

Comment by Polly on January 21, 2013 at 1:07

I am a bit busy with other commitments at the moment but would love to continue when I am able to do so.  Sorry I can't be more definite atm :)

Comment by Nathan Keates on January 20, 2013 at 20:46
I currently don't have clown rehearsals, so if your people wanted to do some improv, I am happy to run it at the moment. ???
Comment by Charlie Hammond on January 20, 2013 at 12:16

Hi, sorry about the silence. Unfortunately I am unable to run the workshops in the immediate new year, due to commitments elsewhere BUT will most definitely be returning later on in the year. Most likely about May/June, possibly as early as April, as I want to ensure that I'm able to deliver the best workshops I can and also as attendance is generally a bit more consistent at this time of year. Thanks to everyone who has expressed interest and I hope to see you soon. Never hesitate to give me a bell.  

Comment by Nathan Keates on January 18, 2013 at 4:00

When are you starting this back up busy boy? Okally

Comment by Polly on December 14, 2012 at 2:35

Hope everyone has a great Christmas and I hope to see everyone in the New Year x

Comment by Charlie Hammond on December 11, 2012 at 0:43

Last one before Christmas tonight - lots of games and fun. Be there x

Comment by Charlie Hammond on December 3, 2012 at 5:49

As far as I'm aware we'll be in the same place, same time, for the next two weeks, and then I'll look for a bigger venue for after christmas. So Cardiff Masonic hall, 6.30-9.30 

Members (23)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service