Information

Writers

An official National Theatre Wales group

Writers who want to be part of National Theatre Wales, share ideas, get feedback from each other, and hear about opportunities

Members: 481
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please Read Our Guidelines To Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read guidelines on our Your Work page

Discussion Forum

Looking for Welsh Playwrights for Scratch Night in London.

Started by CHIPPY LANE PRODUCTIONS LTD. Aug 7, 2016.

Collaborators Needed! 2 Replies

Started by Camille Naylor. Last reply by sean donovan Dec 1, 2015.

Looking for a writer to collaborate on an idea. 2 Replies

Started by Caley Powell. Last reply by Catrin Fflur Huws Mar 3, 2015.

NTW Dramaturgy Project - Beginnings

Started by Richard Hurford Oct 20, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Writers to add comments!

Comment by Catherine Paskell on September 24, 2014 at 7:39

Hello everyone in the writers group - we are pulling together the debate and discussion topics for Dirty Gifted & Welsh, and wondered which ones you would be most interested in?

Do you have preferred debate topics, something that you're busting to discuss in an open forum?

So far, we have a suggested shortlist of debate topics below, but we want to put on things that are interesting or useful to you, so please let me know if any of these particularly appeal - or anything else you want to debate:

- Diversity in writing
- Form follows function ( theatre writing beyond plays: playwrighting development v development for theatre makers)
- exporting the Welsh voice (how can we make Welsh writing more exportable, like Scotland and Ireland)
- Writing and politics
- Writing after the Scottish referendum
- New writing and audiences... Where is the perception coming from that there isn’t an audience for new writing and how do we counter that?
- how important is structure to a story and what should it look like?
- Are there rules?  (eg: is there only one way to write a play; 3-act structure examined, etc?)
- Research - how much and what kind of research should you do when you write a play?
- Competitions - do you need to write in a certain way when you send your script off for competitions and submissions - is there a way to get noticed?
Comment by Catherine Paskell on September 23, 2014 at 13:06

Hi Writers, I hope to see as many of you as possible at this year's DIRTY GIFTED & WELSH, a collaboration between Dirty Protest and NTW. "DGW2014" is a one-day festival to celebrate new Welsh writing and writers, happening in the Angel Hotel, Cardiff on 12th October. More details will be announced over the next few days and weeks, including how you can sign up to have your work-in-progress read at the event. x

Comment by National Theatre Wales on September 22, 2014 at 1:57

Good luck Sally - you'll finish it!!  

Comment by Sally Hales on September 20, 2014 at 23:29

Hi John, thanks for getting back to me. That's good news. I'm working on a new script, the previously submitted one is a plan B if this one's not ready in time...

Comment by National Theatre Wales on September 20, 2014 at 7:05

Hi all, don't forget that Monday 22 September  is the first date you can actually submit your entries to the Wales Drama Award.  More info here.  Entries close October 9.  

Comment by National Theatre Wales on September 20, 2014 at 7:03

Sally, sorry not to reply sooner.  BBC writersroom do prefer all submissions to be new.  However, if your script has not been entered for the Wales Drama Award before you can enter it this time.  

Comment by Simon Coates on September 15, 2014 at 1:58

Introducing new WalesLab projects and Emerging Producers

Hi Everyone - have a look at my recent blog post to find out about the latest WalesLab projects. I also announce the new (and first ever) Emerging Producers. Take a look here.

If you are thinking about applying to WalesLab, now is a great time to send in your submission. There is a deadline approaching - midday 26th Sep

Comment by Sally Hales on September 5, 2014 at 8:07

Hi Peter - thanks for letting me know. I know they generally frown on resubmissions but it'll be a battle to get something new polished enough in time. Oh well, best knuckle down. 

Comment by Shane Anderson on September 5, 2014 at 8:02

Sally - just noticed your question to John McGrath. I asked a similar question during the Wales Drama Award Open Session at the Sherman in July. The woman from the Beeb ( I did note her name but don't have it to hand) seemed to frown upon this but I didn't press her further e.g. what if it's a major rewrite etc. don't know if that helps.

Comment by Shane Anderson on September 5, 2014 at 7:51

Pontardawe Scriptslam closes on Monday....http://www.nptartsandents.co.uk/en/main/scriptslam

I was fortunate enough to win this last year and the resulting play "Hubert and Humble in Life's a Funny Old Thing" is at the Pontardawe Arts Centre 4th November.

Louise Osborn (one of the new dramaturges group) was my mentor ... and was absolutely wonderful to work with (one of the prizes).

Members (481)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service