Information

Creatives

An official National Theatre Wales group

Directors, designers, choreographers, composers, production people... A group for everyone who is interested in Creative Production at National Theatre Wales.

Members: 662
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please read National Theatre Wales Guidelines for Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read the document below: National Theatre Wales Guidelines for Artists.

Guidelines for Artists

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Creatives to add comments!

Comment by Alison Neighbour on October 7, 2014 at 7:16

Bread & Goose are looking for a North Wales based film-maker to create a short documentary (8 minutes or thereabouts) about our Memory Store project.

The Memory Store is a mobile library of memories, all contributed through community workshops in Bangor, Caernarfon, Newport, and London. Participants have created artefacts, sound recordings, images, and pieces of writing that are the essence of a particular memory for them. The Memory Store is a touring installation that accompanies our theatre production Lost in the Neuron Forest, and which will be visiting venues throughout Wales during October 2014.

We are looking for someone to film one of our community workshops, short interviews with the two creators of the project, and audience interaction with the installation, and to edit the footage into a short documentary that we can use to demonstrate our work on the project to online audiences, promoters, and funders.

Filming is to take place on Saturday 18th October in Bangor and Bethesda. We are running a Memory Store workshop at Gwynedd Museum & Gallery in Bangor from 2-4pm, and the Memory Store installation will be in place at Theatr Neuadd Ogwen from 5-7pm.

We have a fee of £300 available for the afternoon of filming and the editing of the footage. If you are interested, please email info@breadandgoose.co.uk with a summary of your experience and links to your work.

Many thanks for your interest.

Comment by Laura Fay Thomas on October 7, 2014 at 2:11

Hi 

TEAM are offering two placements on National Theatre Wales's upcoming show Bordergame! one Digital theatre placement (Deadline tomorrow), and the other in Production Design (Deadline Monday 13th) read more HERE

x

Comment by Simon Coates on October 3, 2014 at 5:26

This week we've announced new new development opportunities. Take a look!

Artists Huddles: to support the development of skills contributing towards professional lives of artists, beyond the rehearsal room

Assistant Directors: for Welsh and Wales based directors ready for the next stage of their development

BOOM! Enjoy.

Comment by Yvonne Murphy on September 29, 2014 at 23:05

Omidaze Productions are seeking a freelance part-time project manager for ongoing business development work with Education work and a freelance production manager/lighting designer for forthcoming production of Richard III in association with the Wales Millennium Centre. Job desriptions, info and how to apply can be found here www.omidaze.wordpress.com

Comment by Simon Coates on September 21, 2014 at 23:22

WalesLab DEADLINE

Hi Everyone,

The next cut off point is this Friday 26th Sep at noon.

Give me a shout if you have any ideas you want to talk through.

Submit your ideas here:http://nationaltheatrewales.org/waleslab

sx

Comment by Paul Evans on September 18, 2014 at 0:52

Hi,

I would like to invite you to a showing of research into Aerial and the Voice at 1pm on Friday 26th September. We have spent a month at NoFit State's Four Elms, discovering some of the things that can be done with aerial circus and the voice to create new choreographic and dramatic potentials and would like to share some possibilities with you.

This will take place at:

NoFit State Circus

Four Elms,

Four Elms Road,

Cardiff.

CF24 1LE

The showing is planned to be of two parts:

•     1)   The practical elements of the research: what we have found, the process and the discussion of techniques.
  •     2)  The creative discoveries, that may form part of projects in the future, offering a variety of possibilities for development.

Below is a summary about the context of the research just as an introduction to understand the basis and aims of the research.

Please let me know if you are intending to attend so I can get an idea of numbers, email to: aerialist.acrobat@gmail.com.

Feel free to forward this invite to organisations or individuals you think might be interested.

Kind regards

Paul

There two strands to this research which will cross over in the process.

Firstly to look at aerial circus skills and the voice, both speaking and singing. Looking at the effects of the exertion, drops and swings on the voice and the notions of using and counterpointing the natural rhythms suggested by the different pieces of equipment and movements. I propose to use: Swinging Trapeze, Corde Lisse, Cloudswing and Aerial Hoop as the main pieces of equipment. This looks at how to truly integrate the voice and circus performance as opposed to just throwing the two things together and using text in the break points of routines. 

Secondly within this time I would like to look at repetition in aerial circus skills, even in contemporary circus and circus theatre fields there is choreographically (in aerial particularly), the notion that once the ‘trick’ has been seen that is it. I would like to look at the meanings beyond tricks that repetition could bring to aerial choreography whilst maintaining the highest possible skill level.

Bringing the both strands together means that there is a possibility of layering the choreography and playing with how the voice can be used in and out of the natural rhythm of the movement and/or the equipment through the repetition having different vocal qualities.

I would expect that through the use of voice and repetition a new vocabulary for aerial performance could be opened up, creating an opportunity for further dramatic contextualisation. The research project happening in this way gives individual and layered potential sources of movement vocabulary: The voice and movement in line with natural rhythms and breath, The voice and movement in opposition to natural rhythms and breath, The repetition of high skilled circus within and separate from standard choreography and the combinations of the previous.

This research is supported by the Jerwood Choreographic Research Project, with funds from The Jerwood Charitable Foundation, Birmingham Hippodrome, Déda, Greenwich+Docklands International Festival, The Opera Group and The Roundhouse. Additionally supported by Arts Council of Wales. 

-- 

Paul Evans

Freelance Director and Circus Choreographer

www.paulevanscircus.co.uk

Comment by Simon Coates on September 15, 2014 at 1:59

Introducing new WalesLab projects and Emerging Producers

Hi Everyone - have a look at my recent blog post to find out about the latest WalesLab projects. I also announce the new (and first ever) Emerging Producers. Take a look here.

If you are thinking about applying to WalesLab, now is a great time to send in your submission. There is a deadline approaching - midday 26th Sep

Comment by Paul Evans on September 15, 2014 at 1:47

Crashmat Collective are urgently seeking a designer/maker for their show: Façade.

The role is to work on developing their existing design from the previous tour, this is primarily for the set. The show starts rehearsals on 28th September, with the first get in on the 9th October 2014 so there is a pretty quick turn-around needed.  

We are looking to add to the set elements that are in existence and are also open to new ideas on creating the unique environment for the show.

Show Blurb:

Crashmat Collective return with their sell out show:

Façade; an intimate and theatrical three course meal, during which, stories unfold in thrilling and touching ways, encircling you as you dine. 

Prepare for a feast for the senses, as well as the appetite. 

Become enthralled as the Crashmat performers absorb you into their world, where anything is possible and their innermost secrets are exposed. The performance varies from beautiful to funny and is always unpredictable.

Façade offers an in depth circus-theatre experience that blurs the boundaries between performer and audience.

The show is supported by Arts Council of Wales and was created in association with: The Riverfront, Wales Millennium Centre and Creu Cymru. Additional support for this tour given by Jacksons Lane.

Comment by Paul Evans on September 15, 2014 at 0:02

Following someone else's example, I thought I would post this link here as well, some of you might be interested...

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/multiple-j...

Comment by Carrie Ann-Newman on September 3, 2014 at 1:58

Hi all you Creatives

Im organizing a symposium called " How safe is the 'safe space' of participatory practice in an arts and heritage context?". If anyone is interested in coming along and having a good ole debate about this then please see the event link below.

8th October at Cardiff Story! Hope you can make it as it should make for an interesting debate!

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/event/listUserEven...

Carrie x

Members (662)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service