Information

WalesLab

WalesLab is no longer receiving submission. This page is an archive and a place for dicussion on previous WaleSLab projects.

If you'd like to get in touch with someone about WalesLab, please contact Simon Coates, Creative Associate. 

For more info on the projects we've supported you can see the links on the right hand side. 

You can join the group to be kept up to date about projects as they continue to change and to see notifications of future opportunities.

Members: 472
Latest Activity: Dec 13, 2017

WalesLab information

WalesLab was NTW's initiative for supporting emerging artists and new ideas for performance. This is a group and discussion forum for those artists involved in WalesLab or those interested in learning more about the various projects under development.

WalesLab consisted of:

Summercamp:        

A summer camp for up to twenty theatre makers and artists of varied experience to share ideas, learn form each other and stimulate new collaborations and projects (watch the video below to find out more).

WalesLab projects -

Small groups working for around 1-2 weeks based somewhere in Wales.

Germinate:    Three times a year small groups of artists will be offered the opportunity to spend around two weeks somewhere in Wales developing an idea or project which they have already begun working on, and will share their work with a local audience. There will be three Germinate projects a year, one of which will have an international element.

WalesLab is no longer open for new submissions. Have a look at the 'Your Work' page on the NTW website to find out about how to share your ideas with the company.

Discussion Forum

"Red Dragon and Soil Traveller" got two prizes in Japan!! AND, WANTED!!

Hello! I am Yasuro Ito in Tokyo,Japan. I am a theatre director and writer of…Continue

Tags: producer, wanted, international, musical, japan

Started by Yasuro Ito Oct 26, 2016.

Company Workshop with Award Winning Familia de la Noche Theatre

Award Winning Company Familia de la Noche are running a company workshop at Chapter Arts Centre on Tuesday 24th November, running alongside performances their 5* show The Greatest Liar in all the…Continue

Tags: cardiff, chapter, physical, clowning, workshop

Started by Becca Cox Oct 27, 2015.

Volunteer Opportunities

Volunteer OpportunitiesThis autumn The Abacus on Wood Street welcomes:The Cardiff Christmas Bazaar!In conjunction with Somewhereto_, ProMoCymru, The Modern Alchemists and National Youth Theatre…Continue

Tags: freebies, experience, cardiff, support, creative

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

ONiiiT is back!Back by popular demand, after a successful set of workshops,…Continue

Tags: skills, cardiff, fun, workshop, fundraising

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of WalesLab to add comments!

Comment by Simon Coates on October 3, 2014 at 4:48

WALESLAB SUBMISSIONS

Hi Everybody - thanks to everybody who submitted an idea to WalesLab. I've just emailed you all to give you an idea of the schedule for the next stage of the process. Do check your inboxes. Any questions, drop me an email.

simoncoates@nationaltheatrewales.org

Comment by Simon Coates on September 26, 2014 at 0:43

Hi Everyone - there have been a couple of people experiencing problems with the website submission form.

Do get in contact via email if you were not able to submit your idea before the deadline.

simoncoates[at]hationaltheatrewales.org

Comment by jo munton-vagabondi puppets on September 25, 2014 at 23:57

yep ditto - form ain't loading????

Comment by Rachel-Helena Walsh on September 25, 2014 at 23:28

Hi Simon, 
The online form is not loading for me on either IE or Chrome. As time is running out, would it be possible to email you the application?x

Comment by Simon Coates on September 25, 2014 at 22:07

WalesLab Deadline - today at midday

Right then you lovely lot, you've got 2hrs left to get those submissions in, if you want to, obviously!

sx

Comment by Simon Coates on September 21, 2014 at 23:21

WalesLab DEADLINE

Hi Everyone,

The next cut off point is this Friday 26th Sep at noon.

Give me a shout if you have any ideas you want to talk through.

sx

Comment by Sarah Jane Leigh on September 19, 2014 at 2:03

Hi WalesLabers,

August 012 are currently carrying out research and development of Cyrano, which is the classic play updated and set in the rugby world of the 90's in the Welsh Valleys. We are opening up the process on Monday and Tuesday and would like to get as much feedback as possible, please let me know if you'd like to come along: http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/august-012...

Comment by Christina Handke on September 16, 2014 at 1:47

Hi WalesLaber, 

this opportunity reminded me a lot of our experience at Summer Camp. If you're interested in making films or introducing film into your work and filming on a low budget, check this out:

Shoot a movie in a weekend:
Whatever your level, whatever your experience come to

Chapter Arts Centre ,Canton, Cardiff 
4th and 5th October 2014 
10am to 5pm 

A weekend workshop led by Ip Wischin Founder at Vienna Filmcoach and dramatic advisor at Sonovista. This will be his second visit to Wales - he ran a series of lectures and workshops in May 2011.

https://www.facebook.com/ip.wischin http://www.vienna-filmcoach.at/en/ 

Ip Wischin will run a workshop and lead a weekend of practical movie making. 
No experience of film making is needed. Using whatever equipment we can gather together – a smart phone or video camera. Using editing software on our computers - we will alone , in pairs or groups, plan, shoot and edit a short film - to be shared with the group on Sunday early evening ( around 5pm ). So that’s just over 24 hours to go from an idea to the finished Video. And to celebrate this event Tom Betts of Chapter MovieMaker has offered to show a small selection of the weekends Movies at his Chapter MovieMaker screening on Monday 6th October 2014.

Cost? We will keep the costs to the minimum. If you are unemployed,low paid or a student we can offer some free places You may just want to come to Ip's Lecture Saturday 10 to 1pm or stay for the whole weekend. If you are interested let Richard know:

Richard Berry
rjhberry@msn.com 
www.richard-berry.co.uk

Comment by Simon Coates on September 15, 2014 at 1:57

Introducing new WalesLab projects and Emerging Producers

Hi Everyone - have a look at my recent blog post to find out about the latest WalesLab projects. I also announce the new (and first ever) Emerging Producers. Take a look here.

If you are thinking about applying to WalesLab, now is a great time to send in your submission. There is a deadline approaching - midday 26th Sep

Comment by Nigel Streeter (Stanley Streets) on September 9, 2014 at 5:58

Well here it is as promised folks ... 'Penarth' the web series . Part V 'Silence is Golden' ...Hope you like it. Parts 6 and 7 ('The End of Time') are in post production right now and will be out in the coming weeks. If you do enjoy it then please feel free to share. ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvFWRfWPKIw&feature=youtu.be

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service