Hi everyone, I know we mostly deal with Theatre here but, was wondering whether anyone can recommend a good if not great Voice Agent either in Cardiff or London? I've quite an experience of Voice Overs most recently providing the narration for the Terrestrial & Satellite TV advert for Bluestone National Park Resort. You can check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muNcP7mwJtM

If anyone has any recommendations please feel free to comment.

Happy New Year to you all. Diolch

Edward Llewelyn

Views: 322

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Edward,

I'm a producer of TV ads, .... and to be honest, dealing with an agent for voiceovers is a pain that we could do without. 

You are far better off setting up you own dedicated VO website with samples of your voice work - Online is the first place I would go to look these days.  - You could then email production companies with your availability each week - with a link to your site - You'll get work!

If you are really keen on VO work - invest in a good studio mic, interface and some PC software and you're in business from your own 'studio' (provided you have an acoustically dry room at home)  - there are so many quick VO jobs available now due to the internet.  

The only worthwhile jobs an agent will put you up for are the 'Procter and Gambles' of this World - Which are few and far between, but you could easily put yourself up for the same saving the commission.

Mike

Hi Mike. You mention a good studio mic and good PC software. What do you mean by "interface"? Excuse my ignorance, I'm only just venturing into the world of voiceovers.

Hi Andrew

An 'interface' is the connection facility between the PC and the mic - the ideal one would be one that gives you headphone monitoring other than that directly from the PC / Mac 

An example of which would be:  http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/recording-studio/detail.asp?stock=120...

Mike

Thanks Mike.

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for your response Mike, I greatly appreciate it. Do you mind if people don't have a studio I know it saves cost however, at present I am unable to afford the necessities & trying to gain momentum to save to afford to be able to do it. I am looking at what to do to put it together myself but, I don't want to come across as an amateur. I have worked with several companies most notably Aardman Animation, Global Radio & recently did a TV advert for red River Creative but, have done so in their own studio space.

Thank You Mike.

Ed

Hi Edward,

I don't have an audio sound booth facility, so for me it would be idea for someone to have their own audio equipment as studio costs and the need to re locate is impractical (budget wise) on some projects.

Lip synced animation is a different ballgame when it comes to VO's - It's more 'voice acting', so yes they would need you there. Major animation houses will tend record the voice before creating the animation.

Global Radio (and all the other radio networks) work with hundreds of VO artists from all over the country using ISDN -  there is also a broadband software interface that can connect to their codec. These same VO artists voice ads in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, The USA, Dubai....etc....etc.  I know of VO artists who earn in excess of £100,000 + per year working this way

I think you'd be amazed at the power and earning potential you have within a laptop  - If you already have a one you could initially be up and running for less than £500 for the mic / interface and software and get that back within a very short space of time. - it doesn't matter what your setup looks like (you could have duvets hung on the walls to deaden the sound)- It's what it SOUNDS like that matters.

Mike

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service