We have 4 actors in "Our Life an Joy" 

“Our Life and Joy” is a graduation short film developed as part of Newport Film School. We are filming from the 5th to the 10th of February around Monmouth and Bridgend, South Wales. The film follows an elderly couple, David and Helen, as David takes care of his wife. She used to work as a potter, but is now frail and unable to completely take care of herself. Amidst the good times and the hardships, David dedicates his time to something in his control – the clay. Through his attempts at pottery, memories are brought to life and with them, an insight into their relationship and David’s inner world and conflict.

The roles that we require are:

David: 70 years old 

David is extremely compassionate and understanding of Helen’s feelings and needs. He is Helen’s steady rock, it is his duty and he cannot complain; he doesn’t want to complain. When she rests, he visits her old pottery studio. David looks forward to it every day as he’s surrounded by Helen's former self. He plans to continue to look after Helen himself, but he gets more and more tired. He is not perfect and somewhere in the back of his mind there is doubt and perhaps a limit to his selflessness.

We also require a younger David playing age between 28-35: To appear just in his memories, this is a much smaller role, but still just as crucial. 

Helen: 75 years old 

Helen is kind, patient and sensitive to other people’s feelings. She is a talented potter who had her own business creating and selling her pottery. Now it’s difficult for her to have to rely on David as she is used to being independent. She occasionally feels a burden to David but after many, many years, love and appreciation can still be seen in her eyes.

We also require a younger Helen playing age between 28-35: To appear just in David's memories, this is a much smaller role, but still just as crucial.  

We will be paying actors for their expenses as well as arranging a suitable payment for their contribution. If you are interested in either of these roles then you can get in contact with me on: Email: amicamariaschiller@gmail.com 

Thank you! 

Views: 288

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Amica.

I'm interested and will send you an email with  my CV.

Ieuan

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service