I know this is severely late and now out of date - but it seemed a shame to let it go to waste. (I promise to make a resolution to become amore consistent blogger)

So this will be my last blog for Anamnesis 25.12. Firstly I would like to say what an amazing time I’ve had working on this unique show with such a wonderful team and company. We are now in the full swing of performance with only two shows left in the first leg of the tour!! Time has gone so quickly but it has been such a wonderful opening week with audiences growing in size every day. My favourite thing to do during the show is to watch audience responses and it’s always great to see everyone beaming with smiles as they leave the space at the end of every performance. We’ve had good feedback and reviews which I think the production deserves - it really is something different but also a great night out, perfect for Christmas. The company have settled into a lovely little routine, mine consists of; arrive set all the props and furniture ready for the pre-show and then I wrap all the presents that are given out in the show, therefore I have decided I am going to add expert present-wrapping elf to my growing list of skills. We are continually tweaking the performance and with the move to Brangwyn Hall in Swansea we will be working in a completely different space, which will give the piece a different feeling - I’m looking forward to seeing how the concept adapts to the new space. We are using the Lord Mayor’s reception room which is an ornately decorated space off the main Brangwyn Hall - I think this change will be very exciting as will be Pontardawe which is a traditional Victorian auditorium theatre space. I think that’s the beauty of promenade work - it can adapt but more importantly can take into consideration it’s surroundings therefore informing and influencing readings of the work. This piece is not site-specific but because we are playing in three very different spaces I feel the location can’t help but be reflected in the piece. This show has been a great inspiration to me and in the future I would like to see more diverse Christmas based theatre, it has been an eye-opener to how this time of year is so dominant in people’s lives and in a way it has made me look at the whole season in a totally different light - what really is important? I leave this show with this in mind, it has made me think about  and question what we have come to know as accepted norms - surely this is exactly what good theatre should be doing.

All that’s left to say is thank you very much for taking the time to read my blogs and I hope you have enjoyed them. Here’s a little Christmas greeting from all in ‘Anamnesis 25.12’ (including Steve the dog):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8ik3Pt_9m4&feature=youtu.be

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 

Luke x

Views: 195

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

Comment by Shane Anderson on January 25, 2015 at 5:15

Jesús Luke, what great stuff. Take care. Keep up the brilliance. x

Comment by Sarah-Louise Tyler on January 25, 2015 at 1:59

Aww, love it!!  Miss you all too! xxx

Comment by Louisa Marie Lorey on January 24, 2015 at 23:02
This is amazing luke!!! Miss you all loads!! Xxx

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service