Male & Female Actors Required For an Eight-Minute Romantic Film

"Drawing April" follows a couple (Llewelyn and April) who are disheartened by every day life. They choose to escape this fact by agreeing to go on an exploration of the outer city for a weekend and here Llewelyn discovers Aprils undermined distress that has been pushing their relationship apart.

In an attempt to rekindle a relationship that has gradually drifted apart, Llewelyn decides that the couple should escape to the countryside for a weekend. Here we discover that April is suffering from the pressures of her employment as a court room artist. Aprils true passion is within landscape art and Llewelyn promotes this using a sketchbook over the course of there adventure. A realisation is then struck between the couple that April is not restraint to her job as she previously thought. This places her in a new mindset, motivating her to pursue what she really wants. In return, this relights the spark that was once present in there relationship.

"Drawing April" is an eight-minute romantic film produced by students from Newport Film school/ University of South Wales. This film aims to convey how "us" as people need to escape the everyday social pressures of reality to unveil our minds of the true capabilities of ourselves.

We are looking for one male actor and one female actor to play the parts of Llewelyn and April. The filming dates are Monday 9th march till Friday 13th March. Rehearsals will be taken place from 27th February till the filming dates, however, availability will only be necessary for the evenings for the rehearsals and will be negotiated upon auditioning.

Character Profiles

Lead male actor (Llewelyn)

Llewelyn is a mid 20's male who is a web designer for a company in the city. He is content with were he is currently in his employment. He is a reserved individual who is protective over the ones he loves. Further character traits are to be adapted and negotiated as we are looking for natural performances.

Lead female actor (April)

April is a court room sketch artist and has been gradually driven into a mildly depressive state with the sense of entrapment by her current employment. She is a bubbly yet sensitive character deprived of the time to confide in her own ambitions. She is very artistic and loves landscape drawing.

Females, aged 18 to 27

Auditions will be held in Newport University (City Campus), South Wales on 17.02 for Female Auditions and 18.02 for Male Auditions. There will be a second audition day for applicants who cant make the first one on 21.02. 

Views: 540

Replies to This Discussion

We've got a team event called workout coming up and I think it could be a great place for you to find actors to work with . It's aim is to help people develop projects and make new collaborations. There are always actors looking to work on projects and help people develop their ideas. The next one is on 21st feb at WMC in Cardiff. It's completely free. Contact Laura from Team laurathomas@nationaltheatrewales.org or give me a message if you want more info.

Hi Samuel,

I'm a trained actress currently seeking opportunities to gain show-reel footage, so I would be very happy to audition.

My e-mail is marie.westcott2@btinternet.com and my Spotlight page is 7656-8979-2880

Hi Marie,

Thank you for the link and your shown interest. Could you please email me with your details and I will get back to you Sunday with details of the auditions next week. 

Email: Officialsamjae@gmail.com

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Many Thanks

Sam Jae

(Co-Director, Co-Producer, Sound Editor)

Hello,

Do you have an e mail address so that I can send you my details please?

Thank you

Ellen Morris

Hi Ellen,

Thank you for showing an interest! Please email me your details and anything that could support your application. I will be emailing applicants on Sunday with more details of the auditions next week.

Email Adress: Officialsamjae@gmail.com

Many Thanks

Sam Jae

(Co-Director, Co-Producer, Sound Editor)

Hi Ellen,

Did you still want to audition for this role as I have not received an email from you. If you would like to be considered could you please email me before the 17th April.

Don't mean to pester just don't want you to possibly miss out on a great opportunity.

Sam Jae

(Co-Director)

their

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service