Information

Writers

An official National Theatre Wales group

Writers who want to be part of National Theatre Wales, share ideas, get feedback from each other, and hear about opportunities

Members: 481
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please Read Our Guidelines To Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read guidelines on our Your Work page

Discussion Forum

Looking for Welsh Playwrights for Scratch Night in London.

Started by CHIPPY LANE PRODUCTIONS LTD. Aug 7, 2016.

Collaborators Needed! 2 Replies

Started by Camille Naylor. Last reply by sean donovan Dec 1, 2015.

Looking for a writer to collaborate on an idea. 2 Replies

Started by Caley Powell. Last reply by Catrin Fflur Huws Mar 3, 2015.

NTW Dramaturgy Project - Beginnings

Started by Richard Hurford Oct 20, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Writers to add comments!

Comment by Peter Cox MBE on February 17, 2015 at 4:50

Nice article Kaite...  I'm writing and directing an international project at the moment and there are lots of crossover points with the things you write about. Thanks for posting the link.  I hope to get to see the show either in Brecon or Aberystwyth. Best wishes for the run at Chapter.

Comment by Kaite O'Reilly on February 17, 2015 at 0:21

Hello chaps, hope all is well.... Exeunt magazine have just published a feature I've written about intercultural dramaturgy - I've been working as a dramaturg on an international project with Korean, Irish, American, and Singaporean-Chinese collaborators, 'playing the maids', running at Chapter and then a small Welsh tour 19 Feb - 6 March 2015. Thought this may be a different angle on some of the discussions around dramaturgy.... Excuse haste! Doing the get-in! http://exeuntmagazine.com/features/playing-the-maids-intercultural-...

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on February 16, 2015 at 4:44

I have a new 15 week course in Scriptwriting starting on the 25th of Feb, a couple of places left, and its a bargain of a course. Get in touch with me here or at rodstephens@btinternet.com (get in touch again if you have shown interest already and I need to reply to you)

Also if you're interested in Verbatim come see 'Crouch Pause Touch Engage' have been involved since it was an idea through to the final stages - I think you'll enjoy!

Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on January 12, 2015 at 0:16

Just a reminder about NTW TEAM Workout in Newport this Saturday.  More details here - http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/ntw-team-workout-i...

Anyone looking to get juices flowing and projects rolling as part of New Year's Resolutions - do come along!

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on January 8, 2015 at 9:07

Saw Kane's Blasted at Hammersmith...needed a stiff drink after that one...looking forward to Crouch...

Comment by Kevin Johnson on January 8, 2015 at 2:58

I know it's a bit obvious, but I'm really looking forward to Benedict Cumberbatch's Hamlet at the Barbican, I want to see how he rates against Michael Sheen.

Also looking forward to the continuing 'rivalry' between the Globe and the RSC, Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart bringing No Man's Land to the West End, The Ruling Class at the Trafalgar, Tom Stoppard's new play at the National, Man and Superman at the Lyttleton, Antony Sher in Death of a Salesman, (Saw Timothy West in the role at Swansea Grand years ago and he was brilliant) Skylight in New York and The Audience with Kristin Scott Thomas. Saw Helen Mirren's version on NT Broadcast Live and loved it, like to see what a new actress can do with it.

This is all time and funds permitting, of course, I'll be lucky if I see a third of things. Would also like to see the Sarah Kane season in Sheffield as I've never seen any before.

Nearer to home I can't wait to see Crouch, Touch, Pause, Engage, even if Alfie never scrummed down! Also Iphigenia in Splott, Mermaid and Grav, because he was such a character. I'm curious about A Play, A Pie & A Pint as I've heard so much from Scotland about it, Clwyd Theatr Cymru's Hamlet, Twelve Angry Men, Spamalot and Strike For A Kingdom at Swansea Grand.

There are more, but that's enough for now I think.        

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on January 8, 2015 at 0:50

2015 - what are writers excited to see this year! Let me know what great plays are coming up on the theatre calender... 

Comment by Eifion Gruffydd Ap Cadno on January 5, 2015 at 4:35
Last chance tonight to catch The Unknown Theatre Company's production of Twelfth Night! Upstairs at Dempsey's bar, 7.30pm. Tickets are £10/£8 on the door which also gets you a glass of mulled cider!
We have a brilliant young cast, and last night went down a storm!
Check out our trailer http://youtu.be/HCCpIphbPmo
Comment by Simon Coates on December 19, 2014 at 5:20

- CBBC NEW VOICES INITIATIVE - 

CBBC is setting up a skills-based programme designed to give writers insight into writing for an ongoing children's TV series, covering all stages of the scripting process with input from experienced writers, producers, script editors and executive producers. The aim is to find and support writers so they kickstart an ongoing relationship with the CBBC drama team. A longer-term aim is to help these writers gain experience that would enable them to work across all BBC departments.

Have a look at my blog post for more information.

Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on December 19, 2014 at 1:16

Newport and Cardiff Workout dates for the New Year are finalised!  Hurray!  17th January in Newport and 21st February in Cardiff.  Blog with links to Events is here - hopefully see you soon!

Members (481)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service