Information

WalesLab

WalesLab is no longer receiving submission. This page is an archive and a place for dicussion on previous WaleSLab projects.

If you'd like to get in touch with someone about WalesLab, please contact Simon Coates, Creative Associate. 

For more info on the projects we've supported you can see the links on the right hand side. 

You can join the group to be kept up to date about projects as they continue to change and to see notifications of future opportunities.

Members: 472
Latest Activity: Dec 13, 2017

WalesLab information

WalesLab was NTW's initiative for supporting emerging artists and new ideas for performance. This is a group and discussion forum for those artists involved in WalesLab or those interested in learning more about the various projects under development.

WalesLab consisted of:

Summercamp:        

A summer camp for up to twenty theatre makers and artists of varied experience to share ideas, learn form each other and stimulate new collaborations and projects (watch the video below to find out more).

WalesLab projects -

Small groups working for around 1-2 weeks based somewhere in Wales.

Germinate:    Three times a year small groups of artists will be offered the opportunity to spend around two weeks somewhere in Wales developing an idea or project which they have already begun working on, and will share their work with a local audience. There will be three Germinate projects a year, one of which will have an international element.

WalesLab is no longer open for new submissions. Have a look at the 'Your Work' page on the NTW website to find out about how to share your ideas with the company.

Discussion Forum

"Red Dragon and Soil Traveller" got two prizes in Japan!! AND, WANTED!!

Hello! I am Yasuro Ito in Tokyo,Japan. I am a theatre director and writer of…Continue

Tags: producer, wanted, international, musical, japan

Started by Yasuro Ito Oct 26, 2016.

Company Workshop with Award Winning Familia de la Noche Theatre

Award Winning Company Familia de la Noche are running a company workshop at Chapter Arts Centre on Tuesday 24th November, running alongside performances their 5* show The Greatest Liar in all the…Continue

Tags: cardiff, chapter, physical, clowning, workshop

Started by Becca Cox Oct 27, 2015.

Volunteer Opportunities

Volunteer OpportunitiesThis autumn The Abacus on Wood Street welcomes:The Cardiff Christmas Bazaar!In conjunction with Somewhereto_, ProMoCymru, The Modern Alchemists and National Youth Theatre…Continue

Tags: freebies, experience, cardiff, support, creative

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

ONiiiT is back!Back by popular demand, after a successful set of workshops,…Continue

Tags: skills, cardiff, fun, workshop, fundraising

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of WalesLab to add comments!

Comment by Simon Coates on March 31, 2015 at 0:04

@Rachel Rosen - the next WalesLab deadline will be in Sep. The exact deadline is still tbc but will be posted on the WalesLab webpage in the next couple of weeks.

We are planning the newt Artists Huddle to take place in North Wales next month so watch this space for updates.

And WalesLab projects can take place wherever you need them to to take place. There are four artists working on their WalesLab project across North Wales this week. They'll be blogging about their experience soon.

But we are looking hard at what sort of opportunities we should be offering to artists - Have a look at my blog post here (a write up of an evaluation session held with previous WalesLab artists) and leave a comment if you have ideas you want to contribute.

Comment by rachel rosen on March 25, 2015 at 1:51

Hi

when is the next submission deadline for WalesLab projects please?

would also be good to see more initiatives and opportunities for those of us up in the North of Wales - some of us are doing our creative work alongside jobs and cannot be down in Cardiff for long stretches... (would have loved to do Summercamp too but already using most of my leave for other projects... maybe next year!)

thanks

Rachel

Comment by Simon Coates on March 11, 2015 at 1:19

-SUMMERCAMP 2015-

Have a look at blog to see what we were getting up to at Summercamp last year:

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/summercamp...

Still time to apply. Deadline is noon tomorrow.

Here's how:http://nationaltheatrewales.org/summercamp

Comment by Simon Coates on March 10, 2015 at 0:28

If you haven't already... here are 10 Reasons you should apply to Summercamp Go!

Comment by Paul Jenkins on March 4, 2015 at 10:20

Interactive Theatre workshop with fantastic Turkish theatre-makers at WMC next Tuesday (10th March)!

Hello - I'm hosting a workshop exploring the working process of the critically acclaimed and controversial theatre company behind 'Mi Minor' - a theatrical and highly interactive performance in which the audience can choose to support the 'government' in power or organise itself into active resistance within the performance itself.

The workshop would be great for any actors and creatives interested in learning about interactive forms and the powerful use of digital media in performance.

The workshop will be from 10-4.30 on Tuesday 10th March at WMC. Thanks to support from Arts Council of Wales this event is free. Please drop me a line at pauljenx@me.com to find out more or book a place.

Comment by Simon Coates on February 23, 2015 at 6:31

EMERGING DIRECTOR (150)

I've just announced another opportunity. If you're a Director and would like to get involved in one of our upcoming productions, have a look at this http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/emerging-d...

Comment by Simon Coates on February 23, 2015 at 1:58

Hi everyone - just a reminder that there is a DEADLINE for WalesLab projects on the horizon.

Pop your ideas in to us for noon on the 27th Feb (this Friday!)

Comment by Tracy Evans on February 22, 2015 at 23:50

Hi folks- new scratch night in carnegie house, Bridgend, March 10th, if anyone has some material they want to test out...http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/carnegie-house-scr... Thanks :-)

Comment by Simon Coates on February 20, 2015 at 6:31

SUMMERCAMP 2015 - Call for Artists

Here's another opportunity for artists. Go on, give it a read.

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/summercamp...

DEADLINE: 12 March 2015

Comment by Simon Coates on February 19, 2015 at 7:29

EMERGING PRODUCERS CALL OUT

Producers or artists who produce for themselves or others - if you're interested in building your skills as a producer, have a look at this opportunity to work with me, on new WalesLab projects.

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/calling-al...

Deadline: 2 March 15

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service